inTank Media Baskets

CustomAquariums 25g SPS cube

CustomAquariumBx

CustomAquariumBx

I love the aquascape. Looks like everything is coming along very nicely.

Thanks! Well unfortunately it's not coming together soon enough, our Christmas tree is in the corner that the tank is supposed to be in! :( I think I may be the only person that can't wait until the holidays are over. So I can get this thing going already!! I feel like a kid that can't play with his toys till AFTER Christmas!! Lol

• 3 weeks later...
CustomAquariumBx

Getting closer to the January deadline so i've been working on it a lil more lately.

Drilled the back of the stand for the 2 5/8" cable grommet for the wiring to go out've.

IMAG2786.jpg

IMAG2785.jpg

Going to mount the phosban reactor behind the stand for ease of access and the plumbing off the return pump is nearby.

IMAG2788.jpg

• Like 1
CustomAquariumBx

Had my lil helper give me a hand setting everything up in the bathroom for some fresh water testing!

IMAG2794.jpg

He was just as excited as me!

IMAG2795.jpg

IMAG2796.jpg

Reef octopus DC 5500 controller.

• Like 2
CustomAquariumBx

Sump and refugium filled.IMAG2798.jpg

There she goes return pump running

IMAG2799.jpg

All in all the fresh water test went well aside from a lil drips from the hand tightened bulkheads which is an easy fix. Can't wait to get it going jan 1st, new year new tank! ;)

• Like 3
Mr. Microscope

Congratulations! Looks good. I like the outlet hole thing. I have a hole drilled for outlets in my stand too, but I didn't think about using one of those grommets. Nice add-on!

• Like 1
CustomAquariumBx
Congratulations! Looks good. I like the outlet hole thing. I have a hole drilled for outlets in my stand too, but I didn't think about using one of those grommets. Nice add-on!

Thanks! Yea I ordered it off of amazon. I figured it would look weird just a hole. Only because it's acrylic and will be visible.

CustomAquariumBx

Christmas is over!!!! Out with the tree and in with the tank!!

IMAG2840.jpg

Lol can see the tree outside the window still!

IMAG2842.jpg

Modified the bulkhead from the refugium to the return section of the sump to make room for the ATO's float valve.

IMAG2839.jpg

IMAG2837.jpg

Modified and mounted the eshopps float valve bracket to fit.

IMAG2843.jpg

Drilled hole and mounted 1/4" water line bulkhead for ATO. Also drilled another hole for the 3/8" bulkhead that will be used for the return back into the sump from the PhosBan reactor.

IMAG2848.jpg

• Like 1
CustomAquariumBx

i just caught up.

this is so freaking cool. i'd love to do something like this in the future.

Thanks! Well if your in the Ny area I'd be more than welcome to give a hand!

great build!!!

Very cool tank and stand. I love being able to see the inner workings like that. Wish I had those DIY skills.

Thanks everyone! and gena I'm sure you have the diy skills! Acrylic is pretty easy to work with.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Well done! This is becoming on of those equipment show-off tanks like NanoTopia's 20. I really like how elegantly it's coming together. That filter for the return intake looks awesome.

• Like 1

Drilled the holes for the 1" bulkheads into the sump/stand to the refugium and skimmer section last night. Turns out 1/2" thick acrylic is a real P.I.T.A to drill without it melting. Took some pics of the drilling......

IMAG2401.jpg

IMAG2402.jpg

Then it really started to get hot and melt so I needed to use water to keep it cool.

IMAG2404.jpg

IMAG2405.jpg

Came out pretty good just took some time. More than glass would've!

IMAG2406.jpg

IMAG2409.jpg

Then on to some plumbing again.....

IMAG2411.jpg

IMAG2413.jpg

IMAG2414.jpg

Should start the plumbing for the return soon just waiting on a check valve and one more 1" bulkhead.

Thanks Mr. Microscope!

complete plumbing newbie but how did you join the bulk head the elbow?

CustomAquariumBx

Happy New Year Nano-reef.com!

Glad to have been able to get this thing wet on my new years deadline. Couldn't have done it without my loving girlfriend. She's the best! What girl would run around home depot with a shopping list of pvc fittings and pipe? Because I was stuck working...Mine! Ok now for a nice photo dump!Filling with RO waterIMAG2877.jpg

IMAG2878.jpg

System finally full and return running

IMAG2863.jpg

IMAG2865.jpg

IMAG2868.jpg

IMAG2870.jpg

IMAG2871.jpg

• Like 1
CustomAquariumBx

IMAG2872.jpg

IMAG2876.jpg

She's not 100% complete but she's on the way. Still have to make the top off reservoir and auto water change reservior.

Also need a probe holder, and holders for the high water level float switch.

• Like 2
Mr. Microscope

Thanks Mr.microscope! Can't wait till it's all full and Purdy like yours!! ;)

For some reason, I'm thinking bare bottom and bottom-up photographs instead of the usual top-down. That would be truly unique.

• Like 1
CustomAquariumBx
For some reason, I'm thinking bare bottom and bottom-up photographs instead of the usual top-down. That would be truly unique.

Yea that would be amazing! I really did consider bare bottom, but I think I'd run into problems later on down the line. Mainly the light from the display causing algae issues inside the ato reservoir and water change reservoirs. But it is tempting to leave it bare bottom. I'll make a decision today on it.