Coral Vue Hydros

CustomAquariums 25g SPS cube

CustomAquariumBx

CustomAquariumBx

i should be doing paperwork, but I'm reading your thread instead. This whole thing is unreal, Killer job.

I'll barrage you with questions this evening

Lol ok cool I'll try and answer if not tonight then tomorrow, going to a Yankee vs Mets game tonight.

CustomAquariumBx

Looks amazing man! Well done!

What's going on there with your BP reactor? Is it now used for chaeto or ATS? Why the red lights?

Also, is that a fuge of sorts in your sump? I see a bunch of rock in there, but nothing else.

Thanks man it's been a while!! How's your tank going?? I ended up filling the bp reactor with cheato as you suspected and surrounded the reactor with hydroponics leds. Man has that cheato been growing fast! I'm guessing because of the water flow being forced into contact with the cheato rather than around the ball/clump. As far as the fuge I run it barebottom and cryptic now with just live rock and various sponges. I even found a hitchhiker tunicate in there that has been surprisingly doing well.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
CustomAquariumBx

Hawkins Echinata:

IMAG7026.jpg

Monti cap showing some odd growth, it's actually growing under itself. Probably because of the mirror under the tank:

IMAG7189.jpg

Current FTS:

IMAG7153.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
CustomAquariumBx

The tank is still running. Over 4 years now, although it suffered from heavy coral loss when I was unable to keep up with maintenance  a few months back.  I'll be posting more updates soon. 

20180210_145409.jpg

20180114_190657.png

20180114_190748.png

20180114_185611.jpg

• Like 3
CustomAquariumBx
On 2/11/2018 at 3:58 PM, Indiana Reefin said:

Really nice setup! Do you have any details on your chaeto reactor? 

Sure its basically a BioPellet reactor from Accel Aquatics wrapped in a plant grow led strip, I added an external pump and some plumbing to make it into a recirculating reactor. Recently I've removed the recirculating setup due to small pieces of chaeto breaking off and clogging the pump. It has been very effective at forcing water to flow through the chaeto as opposed to around it like in most refugiums.

Here is the reactor at Marine Depot:

https://www.marinedepot.com/Accel_Aquatics_BioPellet_and_Filter_Media_Reactor_FR_30_Biopellet_Reactors-Accel_Aquatics-6H94582-FIFRISBP-vi.html

and this is a similar plant grow led strip similar to what i'm using:

https://www.amazon.com/GLIME-Waterproof-Flexible-Greenhouse-Hydroponics/dp/B077BS677N/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1518979543&sr=8-13&keywords=plant+grow+led+strip

• Like 1