SaltCritters.com

Hypes Edgeless Ridge Islet-Complete

Rehype

How do you lower the water level, because if you remove water from sump won't it eventually fill back to same level. Could I prop it up?

You may have to physically raise the skimmer. I made a small stand out of eggcrate to put mine on and it has worked admirably.

And since when do you have starfish... What kind, don't they starve unless you feed it.

My iPhone 4S seems so small even the 5s is small... But I do kinda like android just all my apps are already downloaded and paid for... I feel like an apple fan boy :(

Ive had him for a few months. The only long term success ive had with starfish have been with linkcia i had a blue specimen in my previous build for nearly two years before i gave him away. The key for me was getting a healthy specimen, alot of live rock and feeding the tank generously.

I was an apple fanboy myself from the first iphone until the 5th but i recently switched... first with the htc one and then the note 3 and i havent looked back.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

You may have to physically raise the skimmer. I made a small stand out of eggcrate to put mine on and it has worked admirably.

Ive had him for a few months. The only long term success ive had with starfish have been with linkcia i had a blue specimen in my previous build for nearly two years before i gave him away. The key for me was getting a healthy specimen, alot of live rock and feeding the tank generously.

I was an apple fanboy myself from the first iphone until the 5th but i recently switched... first with the htc one and then the note 3 and i havent looked back.

Brick phones unite! I love my note 3.

• Like 1

Awesome! Can't wait to start my planted

Thanks brad...looking forward to seeing yours.

Lookin solid, how long did you grow the HC out of water?

Thanks hey...about 2 1/2 months

Brick phones unite! I love my note 3.

:lol:B)

Thats an average time if I am not mistaken. It required a lot of patience though. Misting it, keeping it demp.

And after all that CO2 to keept it from melting etc.

End result, worth every moment. Beautiful growth, amazing density.

Thats an average time if I am not mistaken. It required a lot of patience though. Misting it, keeping it demp.

And after all that CO2 to keept it from melting etc.

1 month is standard for impatient people lol. Also the longer its grown out of water the more likely it is you are going to get melt unless co2 levels are high enough. More plant density=more co2 consumption. HC is a finicky little beast but probably the most rewarding plant in fw imo.

Thats some patience, are you blastin co2 right now to keep it from melting?

Yea i give all the credit to reefkeeping as nothing good comes fast in these hobbies. Right now im at about 2 drops per second. Im also dosing supplements(phosphorous,potassium,nitrogen,micros)

I totally agree im hoping mine continues to grow this way.

mine seems to be happiest around 7.5"

I think thats the ideal height

1 month is standard for impatient people lol. Also the longer its grown out of water the more likely it is you are going to get melt unless co2 levels are high enough. More plant density=more co2 consumption. HC is a finicky little beast but probably the most rewarding plant in fw imo.

+1 This is my first try with a true planted tank so im learning as i go but your comments mirror my experience thus far.

Yea i give all the credit to reefkeeping as nothing good comes fast in these hobbies. Right now im at about 2 drops per second. Im also dosing supplements(phosphorous,potassium,nitrogen,micros)

I totally agree im hoping mine continues to grow this way.

I think thats the ideal height

+1 This is my first try with a true planted tank so im learning as i go but your comments mirror my experience thus far.

Keep the pics coming on it as it progresses, keeps me from having to visit TPT and barr report lol.

Keep the pics coming on it as it progresses, keeps me from having to visit TPT and barr report lol.

Will do although they have much better tanks to check out than mine

• Like 1

Vivarium next?

You know I've thought about it maybe in the near future.

Hey Eugene, will you marry me? :wub:

Awww shuckz :blush: if I weren't already married Kim

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome Build Hype! Looks incredible.

How many gallons do you think the sump adds to your system total?

Did you go with the Halide just for shimmer? I have an inkling that you will find a way to get some SPS in the tank.. :)

Awesome Build Hype! Looks incredible.

How many gallons do you think the sump adds to your system total?

Did you go with the Halide just for shimmer? I have an inkling that you will find a way to get some SPS in the tank.. :)

Thanks alot kdorf

Id say about 10 gallons.

Well I feel halides add depth and dimension along with the shimmer. Ive used all other forms of lighting and while i like them all for different reasons I always eventually miss that "something" that halides bring. Im strictly speaking from an aesthetic viewpoint...to my eyes i havent been able to replicate that "look" with any other form of lighting.

I think your right :D;)

The planted tank looks wonderful. I've never had one but always wanted the deliberate serenity that these tanks provide. A visual spa.

Thanks so much kat. Ive been procrastinating for 5 or 6 years now but im really excited to finally have it running. Its one of the most peaceful things to observe after a long day of work...totally calming.

• Like 1