Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

20 Gallon Long Hawiian Biotope Stocking Suggestions

INTRESTING CORALS

This is a low budget project so par 38's are out of the question when the t5's are 60 bucks.

for stocking

a pair of percula clowns

a sixline wrasse

and a yellow watchman goby and pistol shrimp

and for corals ACANS ACANS ACANS If the lights cant support growth and color please don't recommend them. I looked at dtitus thread and I see your lights worked how much did they both cost.

I think 1 par38 would be fine for Acans 2 was a ton of light over my 20 long and just the right amount for my 40 breeder, but since you're asking they're 79 bucks a pop vs. 120 bucks a year to replace t-5 bulbs so you do the math on that one. LED's blow the lid off t-5s IMO and you'll be happier spending slightly more up front, less long term and not have to deal with extra heat or bulb replacement.

Also way too many fish on your list there like I said you can get 3 fish, 4 really small ones max if you know what you're doing speaking from my experience with the 20 long. What are your plans for filtration?

Not everyone likes the look that leds give.IMO its too artificial and if you go with full spectrum alot of the time you get the rainbow effect on the sand.My leds have given me plenty of growth on my coral so i can frag and fund my bulbs when I get ready to get new ones.I have seen 20 long tanks with 1 of the par bulbs and they have dark ends.

Im not saying leds are bad and im not saying t5s are the best but the OP was asking about using t5s so I merely mentioned my experiences with them.That is all.

Wasn't bashing you, but I'm not sure the level of experience the OP has so I was mentioning something he might not have been aware of.

Not everyone likes the look that leds give.IMO its too artificial and if you go with full spectrum alot of the time you get the rainbow effect on the sand.My leds have given me plenty of growth on my coral so i can frag and fund my bulbs when I get ready to get new ones.I have seen 20 long tanks with 1 of the par bulbs and they have dark ends.

Im not saying leds are bad and im not saying t5s are the best but the OP was asking about using t5s so I merely mentioned my experiences with them.That is all.

For an example let me show you what just 1 bulb, no optics, looks like over my 40 breeder. You'd have slight shadows probably 2 inches on both sides of the tank. BTW this bulb isn't centered.

eetsdfhgdh_zps90350cd5.jpg

And not to be a complete curmudgeon... my vote's for reef wall. Lots of awesome things you could do with that theme in that size tank.

A reef wall is better suited to a taller tank IMO

INTRESTING CORALS

I don't w ant to have to fork over 150 for lights I can get a 4 bulb for like 80 w ith bulbs and moon leds

A reef wall is better suited to a taller tank IMO
I think a long walk through the middle with space on both sides.

Archived