20 Gallon Long Hawiian Biotope Stocking Suggestions

INTRESTING CORALS

INTRESTING CORALS

I was thinking

- a pair of fire shrimp

- a sixline wrasse

- a pair of percula clowns

- and a pygmy angel

And probably any coral that will thrive under dual t5 lighting. ( not high output)

I was thinking

- a pair of fire shrimp

- a sixline wrasse

- and a pygmy angel

And probably any coral that will thrive under dual t5 lighting. ( not high output)

I bet a lot of corals would survive under T5 NO in a 20 long. I fried everything with T5HO when I had mine. Coralife fixtures?

INTRESTING CORALS

I bet a lot of corals would survive under T5 NO in a 20 long. I fried everything with T5HO when I had mine. Coralife fixtures?

yes coralife fixture. Do you think I could keep mushrooms zoas and acans.

yes coralife fixture. Do you think I could keep mushrooms zoas and acans.

Yep. You know I was able to get ATI bulbs to work in my 24" fixture. :) Ran a bit warm, and not as bright of course, but they worked. If you try it be sure to remove the plastic shield ... it will melt. Mine sat directly on a glass lid.

INTRESTING CORALS

Yep. You know I was able to get ATI bulbs to work in my 24" fixture. :) Ran a bit warm, and not as bright of course, but they worked. If you try it be sure to remove the plastic shield ... it will melt. Mine sat directly on a glass lid.

ok now is that with stock bulbs.

I was thinking

- a pair of fire shrimp

- a sixline wrasse

- and a pygmy angel

Uh....

None of those are native to Hawaii IIRC

INTRESTING CORALS

Uh....

None of those are native to Hawaii IIRC

LOL I had to go back and check my source turns out it was called REEF FISH I HAVE IN HAWII I thought he meant from. the guy lives in Hawaii.

Eastern aussie/coral sea/great barrier would be cool, lots of awesome aussie fish and corals from that area.

A few other cool biotopes-

Indian ocean

Red sea

A certain area/island of Tahiti, Indonesia, Malaysia, or the Phillipenes

etc lots of options :) You could also do a certain part of the reef structure, like a reef wall, upper crest, or lagoon

INTRESTING CORALS

Eastern aussie/coral sea/great barrier would be cool, lots of awesome aussie fish and corals from that area.

A few other cool biotopes-

Indian ocean

Red sea

A certain area/island of Tahiti, Indonesia, Malaysia, or the Phillipenes

etc lots of options :) You could also do a certain part of the reef structure, like a reef wall, upper crest, or lagoon

im thinking reef wall I know a want a pair of clowns so great barrier probably. any other stocking suggestions.

INTRESTING CORALS

A lot of clowns are native to australia, occelaris or percs would be best for a 20L.

PJ cards are native to Aust. Along with red firefish.

So maybe

percula clown pair

flame angel

and I think YWG's are native to that area to right

INTRESTING CORALS

So maybe

percula clown pair

flame angel

and I think YWG's are native to that area to right

In my opinion the waters in-between Fiji and Australia are full of fish that would fit in this biotope.

flame angel would be a bit to big IMO

yes, YWG's are native to the GBR.

The waters all around the pacific are full of fish, especially the highly diverse waters of Indonesia.

You'd be better off with low light corals just picking up a single full spectrum par38 with no optics if you want something without breaking the bank.

Yellow watchman, maybe a clown, and another small fish would be a good fit.

INTRESTING CORALS

You'd be better off with low light corals just picking up a single full spectrum par38 with no optics if you want something without breaking the bank.

Yellow watchman, maybe a clown, and another small fish would be a good fit.

This is a low budget project so par 38's are out of the question when the t5's are 60 bucks.

for stocking

a pair of percula clowns

a sixline wrasse

and a yellow watchman goby and pistol shrimp

INTRESTING CORALS

flame angel would be a bit to big IMO

yes, YWG's are native to the GBR.

The waters all around the pacific are full of fish, especially the highly diverse waters of Indonesia.

and for corals ACANS ACANS ACANS If the lights cant support growth and color please don't recommend them. I looked at dtitus thread and I see your lights worked how much did they both cost.

I have a 6 bulb ho t5 and i only 4-5 bulbs.I do suggest getting the ho version.My fixture was only 150 shipped on ebay.I have been using the stock bulbs for over a year now with no issues.

Just a nitpick, but $120-180 worth of t5ho bulbs + fixture along with recurring replacements is considered part of a budget build versus two PAR38's? Think about what you'd like to be able to keep, unless you've already got the former parts lying around.

Archived