Innovative Marine Aquariums

75g SPS build.

CrazyEyes

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
milfordguy

Trust me you will get 100+ par on the sandbed without an issue at all.

These were my uncorrected par readings using the clubs par meter a few months ago.

White/Cyan 25 %

Red 10 %

Blue 24 %

Royal blue 39 %

Top (22" From LEDs): 220

Middle (35" From LEDs): 170

Bottom (44" From LEDs): 120

All Channels 100%

Top (22" From LEDs): 650

Middle (35" From LEDs): 550

Bottom (44" From LEDs): 415

Wish I had my new controller hooked up so I could have done individual channels and corrected the readings.

I'm going to either find a par meter, make a par meter or just suck it up and see any of the locals want to all chip in and buy one. I am going to be too curious to see what this thing is going to throw out.

Nothing like getting everything mounted and realize you've misplaced one of the violets. Now my options are, order a single violet lol, or remove 1 from the other heatsink because I am not living knowing the clusters are uneven in quantities.

NirvanaandTool

Order another. I did the same to have even quantities between my 2 clusters.

I feel your pain. I was soldering up my Lux Cyan and M's and ran out of wire on the last M of Cluster 1. Would have been nice to finish up the wiring on the first cluster but noooo. Now I gotta go out and get more wire so I can work on Cluster 2 tonight.

jedimasterben

That's why I've learned to order extra lol. I've run out of solder, wire, and sometimes even miscalculated LEDs and drivers (like now, I accidentally ordered LDD-1000H instead of 700H, whoops). Luckily the LDD are a super quick swap out.

NirvanaandTool

Yea somehow I always underestimate. Wire, LEDs, drivers, you name it. I've got more wire coming in with the limes from Steve's but I don't feel like waiting. I'll probably hit up Radioshack on the way home from work.

Was out tonight, I found myself on a toll road, realized I forgot to replenish my sunpass, so I had to go into my arm rest / compartment deal to get some change, I open it up to find 1 lonely violet LED, not sure how it got in there but atleast I found it.

jedimasterben

OK, its one thing to find one under a couch cushion, but in your vehicle with change is another lol

Aaaahhhh, a few weeks back I was at ACE looking for screws and brought it with me to make sure the screws would fit in the star. I'm getting too old to remember stuff.

Was dead set on making some progress on the light today, until my g/f begged me to take her to ikea. Which was fine but then she found something she wanted, didn't fit in our car. Had to drive to my dad's, pick up his truck, drive back to Ikea, drive home, drop it off, drop the truck off, come home and assemble this Swedish nightmare. I swear if she has plans for me tomorrow I'm going to put her in an arm bar,

I have no knowledge of diy led's or anything but this build is turning out great. Nice attention to detail making the two sides simetrical. Sounds like you will be able to light up your house with it. Seems like a ton of work, Great job

Following

Finally got all the led pads pre tinned. I really do like this 60/37 solder and 60w soldering iron, makes it so much easier vs the cheap radio shack iron and solder I used previously.

This literally has nothing to do with my 75g but, our little nano really needs a sump upgrade. It currently just has a 10g with no baffles. So I contact the company who made my replacement sump and told them what I wanted and they sent me this. Although he did recommend deleting the first set of baffles, only thing going in the middle compartment is a skimmer and whatever reactor(s) I decide to go with. I'm hoping for another quick build from this company.

http://s27.photobucket.com/user/DrftNme/media/LittleSump_zpsd11f3774.png.html'>LittleSump_zpsd11f3774.png

Quick question. On Evil's LED guide he says to use stranded wire when for connecting LEDs together, then on the LGB site it says the solid wire is best for connecting them. Which one does everyone use?

jedimasterben

I use only solid wire for connections to the LEDs. Stranded wire is too easy to have one strand go awry and touch the side of the PCB or heatsink. For running the wire from the LEDs to the drivers, though, and drivers to the power supply, stranded is much better since it is much more flexible.

Archived