Innovative Marine Aquariums

75g SPS build.

CrazyEyes

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luxeon K 8up RBs and Luxeon ES limes ordered. I think the only thing that has stayed the same is the hyper violets, even those might get switched to 14 405nm and 14 430nm.

Channel 1 - x8 Luxeon K 8up RB running @ 500mA

Channel 2 - x4 Vero10 5k (2 per heatsink wired in parallel on a 700mA driver)

Channel 3 - x28 Exotic hyper violets @ 700mA

Channel 4 - x8 Luxeon ES lime @ 700mA.

Might need to rethink my p/s situation.

yea , I just saw you classified, I'd be happy to take that stuff off your hands. I live in Port Charlotte but I work in Tampa St. Pete alot...

But I still want to know best practices for soldering up the terminal blocks and LDD's to my 5up!

I actually sold my stuff lastnight. I do have some stuff left. I have

x14 Exotic hyper violets w/60 degree optics.

x2 Meanwell LDD-1000H drivers

x1 P/S from LedGroupbuy (250w 48v 5.2A)

Everything is brand new

And, the rest of my stuff is sitting at the post office, so I need to go pickup the limes, driver boards, the rest of my drivers, the solderless connectors for the K's, some misc hardware and I'm sure some other stuff I'm forgetting.

I mean, it's only something like 79,000 lumens, that's with some of the channels turned down. But big thanks to Ben, he is the one giving all the good advice.

I thought it'd be easier, I had a feeling they might not work with the heatsink, and I was right. Ohwell, I guess it's time to get these things mounted. Real quick, in order to attach some of them with the hardware the main die isn't over the heatsink but instead in the groove part, is that going to matter? I've got a bunch of thermal epoxy too so I might just use that.

jedimasterben

You can rotate the LEDs to make them fit onto the slots. Keep the dies touching the heatsink.

NirvanaandTool

And giggity again.

DSC_0226_zps1b7aa884.jpg

My eyes hurt just looking at that now. I cant imagine the insanity when all are fired up.

Couldn't go with that exact layout due to me having to rotate all the LEDs so they'd be directly over the heatsink but, once heatsink down, as far as getting everything secured goes. Need to grab some more #4 washers tomorrow so I can get started on the second one. Please take it easy on me, this is only the second time I've mounted LEDs to a heatsink so things might be a little crooked.

http://s27.photobucket.com/user/DrftNme/media/DSC_0228_zps5e77919f.jpg.html'>DSC_0228_zps5e77919f.jpg

http://s27.photobucket.com/user/DrftNme/media/DSC_0229_zpsa2489b47.jpg.html'>DSC_0229_zpsa2489b47.jpg

http://s27.photobucket.com/user/DrftNme/media/DSC_0230_zps8194b7c7.jpg.html'>DSC_0230_zps8194b7c7.jpg

The angled shots are out of focus due to the camera focusing on either what's close or far from the lense.

milfordguy

I've been waiting on the one from the club for a little while, I used it and returned it, but haven't managed to get it back yet.

Thanks everyone, I hope it looks good once lit up, and hope it'll grow the small polyp stonies. And to Reggie, yeah man I remember the last TBRC meet I was at they talked about trying to let more members borrow it. I would love to know what sort of par this thing is putting out. I'm honestly hoping for 100+ par on the the bottom of the tank.

Yeah you will have no problem with growing SPS. My SPS grows like crazy with using cree xte and exotic stuff. This is gonna be awesome.

I get a 150 on my sand bed 28" away from my fixture and at 90%

You will probably get like 300 on the sand bed at max easily

Something about putting out this much light without getting dizzy from watching my electrical box spin like crazy makes me happy.

Archived