Pod Your Reef

Drilled Cube

ihatesears18

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ihatesears18

Sump arrived today. The plumbing is a bit too small so I'll need to figure something out. Also the filter sock has to go. It is really nice though. I'll post some pics tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...

Ok plumbing has me stumped. How in the world do I go from a 1" PVC 90 degree elbow to 1" vinyl tubing? I wanted to stick with flex plumbing so that I can take the sump out and clean it (it's going to be out in the open). If I can't find a good solution I'll just stick with PVC.

• 1 month later...

Any update on the tank?

No updates as of now. I'm taking my wife to Jamaica in December so as soon as I get back this thing will get plumbed and wet!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
ihatesears18

Ok this thing is back on track. My order from Glass Holes was missing a couple of parts so they have been ordered and this thing will be plumbed this week. It's going to be fishless though since I now have 3 kittens. They are psychotic.

ihatesears18

Tank is half plumbed. I did the overflow with 1" PVC and had to order a 5/8" to 1/2" reducing coupler for the return. $0.29 part & $7 shipping :lol:

ihatesears18

Ok the tank is finally plumbed! I'll be filling it up to leak test. There is one small problem: my Neotherm heater is too big for the tiny sump. I'll need to address this sometime soon.

ihatesears18

I've got a small leak coming from where the drain elbow meets the bulkhead. I need to break it down and apply more plumbers tape. it's kind of a pain but I should have this thing cycling this week.

Archived