Innovative Marine Aquariums

Drilled Cube

ihatesears18

2.5gal sump for a 12" cube is not a good idea. Make room and use a HD 5gal pale is you have to. or even a small bathroom garbage bucket and diy a sump. or build your stand larger to fit a larger sump. Search other people drilled mr aquas 12" cubes. many ppl have drilled them easy and it works well.

I would agree with this. There has been plenty of 12"cubes that have been stunning with only an ac50 or watever size ud like. If u can only fit a 2.5g go with an ac70 with smaller impeller from a ac50 or something

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ihatesears18

2.5gal sump for a 12" cube is not a good idea. Make room and use a HD 5gal pale is you have to. or even a small bathroom garbage bucket and diy a sump. or build your stand larger to fit a larger sump. Search other people drilled mr aquas 12" cubes. many ppl have drilled them easy and it works well.

That's the conclusion I came to. A bucket is out of the question as is modifying the existing stand (I am terrible at carpentry). This tank is on a budget and is pretty much here only to hold me over until I get my 40 breeder up and running. I'm going to wait until I get the tank to make any decisions but I'm pretty sure I'll be putting an AC70 (I already have it so there's $$$ saved) on it.

ihatesears18

I think with an inTank media basket (with Chemi Pure, Purigen, and chaeto) and weekly 1 gallon water changes I should be ok.

I think with an inTank media basket (with Chemi Pure, Purigen, and chaeto) and weekly 1 gallon water changes I should be ok.

I do this but use carbon instead of chemipure

I had a mr aqua 7.5 a while back, it was a cool little tank. I drilled mine and used the glass-holes super nano with teeth along with the return kit. I used a 5.5g sump and it worked out great. The drilling was super easy and took less than 10min.

I had a mr aqua 7.5 a while back, it was a cool little tank. I drilled mine and used the glass-holes super nano with teeth along with the return kit. I used a 5.5g sump and it worked out great. The drilling was super easy and took less than 10min.

Thats wat i wanted to hear as i am getting ready to do the same to mine. Might ask u a few questions

Thats wat i wanted to hear as i am getting ready to do the same to mine. Might ask u a few questions

Yeah absolutely! I did mine with the overflow in the middle and the return on the right side, worked out great.

I just checked the tracking number, the tank is in town omgomgomg

Hopefully it gets to u today man! Lol

Yeah absolutely! I did mine with the overflow in the middle and the return on the right side, worked out great.

I saw ur thread it was a nice lil setup

ihatesears18

I haven't cut anything. I still might drill, I'll wait to decide when I get the light in. Even if all I can do for now is 2.5 gallons it would be worth it for aesthetics. Hmmm....

Also I'm thinking pacific aquatics manado rock

Nice. I was looking up some lights last night. I would love to do a ai vega, i knw its over kill but i wouldn't have to worry about upgrading later

ihatesears18

Nice. I was looking up some lights last night. I would love to do a ai vega, i knw its over kill but i wouldn't have to worry about upgrading later

those fixtures sure are sleek. i'm so new to LEDs that I have no idea what is good. it took a few PMs just to pick a PAR38 bulb :)

ihatesears18

Yea par38s over this small a tank is plenty and the full spectrum should give off some nice light coloring in ur corals.

I'm hoping so. I still haven't seen any small tanks with these lights...

Well i have that par30 over mine and my zoas r growing like weeds. Am sure if u place it about 10 or so inches above ur tank ull b good

Archived