Coral Vue Hydros

Drilled Cube

ihatesears18

mgsullivan24

I have a 2.5g sump, I wouldn't say it's useless but it's definitly tight working space. I am getting ready to upgrade to a 5.5g sump because I didn't plan properly and my sump gets way to close to overflowing when power goes out. If your running a skimmer you have to plan very well for sump space. If your not running a skimmer and you want a sump a 2.5g would work fine IME.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ihatesears18

OK so update time:

I ordered the glass-holes nano overflow and 1/2" return kit. I also ordered the Micro Reef 2.5 gallon sump.

OK so update time:

I ordered the glass-holes nano overflow and 1/2" return kit. I also ordered the Micro Reef 2.5 gallon sump.

u just made realize that i forgot to order a damn return kit for my over flow!! wat sump did u get as well?

ihatesears18

u just made realize that i forgot to order a damn return kit for my over flow!! wat sump did u get as well?

I got the 2.5 gallon sump from Micro-Reefs

ihatesears18

The light got here today but disappointingly did not fire up. The package looks to have been roughly handled so I'm guessing a wire came loose. I called Coral Compulsion and they said they would ship a new bulb out Monday.

hell yea man looks good! i got a bunch of new sps frags im tank. ive been looking alot into a ledtrics par38 but they r all sold out! cant wait to see how ur tank ends up like!

ihatesears18

hell yea man looks good! i got a bunch of new sps frags im tank. ive been looking alot into a ledtrics par38 but they r all sold out! cant wait to how ur tank ends up like!

Thanks!

Color bands

image_zps18ff3229.jpg

ihatesears18

So is this light supposed to appear less bright than t5 while putting out more PAR? My 2x24 t5 looks just as bright if not brighter. Help an LED noob out!

mgsullivan24

I believe what your experiencing is that you are not seeing the flood effect you get from flourecscent lighting. Your seeing more shadows and such. I noticed the same thing when I switched from PC to led.

ihatesears18

I believe what your experiencing is that you are not seeing the flood effect you get from flourecscent lighting. Your seeing more shadows and such. I noticed the same thing when I switched from PC to led.

I think so too. Also I think since I have a full spectrum bulb I'm not seeing all the light that's being given off (although the PAR is still high).

mgsullivan24

I completely understand your nerves I was the same way. Just go slow keep it wet and you'll be fine. I've drilled probably 15 holes ive only had one problem and that was because it was tempered. After your first successful tank you'll be ready to drill every piece of glass in sight.

ihatesears18

I completely understand your nerves I was the same way. Just go slow keep it wet and you'll be fine. I've drilled probably 15 holes ive only had one problem and that was because it was tempered. After your first successful tank you'll be ready to drill every piece of glass in sight.

this is hilarious. it doesn't sound like you're talking about fish tanks whatsoever :lol: :lol:

ihatesears18

Kit has arrived! The flare nozzle was missing but I'm sure they'll make it right. So my LFS guy said that the outer edge of the drilled hole needs to be 1.5x the hole's diameter away from an edge. Is this true? If so it sucks a little but I'll make it work.

I read on another site that it needs to be 1.5x the diameter (measured from the center of the hole to be drilled).

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1772359

you read that right, and i find it ridiculous to think of drilling a hole of any size less than 1/2" from the edge of the glass...the rule of thumb i follow is the same as Uncle posted; in that no hole should be closer to the edge then 1.5 times the diameter of the hole, measured from the centre of the hole...ie you want a 1.75" hole (1" bulkhead) you need to be a minimum of 2.65" from the edge, and even a little further for thinner glass

LEDs will appera less brighter inside the aquaroum then T5s Yes. Its normail. Im sure its plenty for your tank.

So is this light supposed to appear less bright than t5 while putting out more PAR? My 2x24 t5 looks just as bright if not brighter. Help an LED noob out!

Archived