Pod Your Reef

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

Took advantage of Planet Zoa's offer today and picked up a few primo zoa frags. Super excited. Also currently in talks with Alpha Aquaculture about getting 2 clownsfish so hopefully this thing will have fish soon!

Coral addiction is already taking over.

Must resist. :/

New tank still and I need to be patient!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after one day of moving the acan to a more shaded area it already looks 10x better. Even opening up during the moonlights! Thanks for the tip Zia!

Yea Glenn gave me the suggestion when he noticed mine were doing the same. I'm glad to hear your's are looking happy!

Took advantage of Planet Zoa's offer today and picked up a few primo zoa frags. Super excited. Also currently in talks with Alpha Aquaculture about getting 2 clownsfish so hopefully this thing will have fish soon!

Coral addiction is already taking over.

Must resist. :/

New tank still and I need to be patient!

Planet Zoa and Alpha Aquaculture in the same post! Slow down killer, your wallets gonna be hemorrhaging in no time.

Your now on to the Kandy phase of this fine hobby! My favorite and most successful phase thus far, welcome to the Kandy club my friend!

Planet Zoa and Alpha Aquaculture in the same post! Slow down killer, your wallets gonna be hemorrhaging in no time.

Your now on to the Kandy phase of this fine hobby! My favorite and most successful phase thus far, welcome to the Kandy club my friend!

Just trying to get on your level! Haha

Man i hope your a good fisherman (Patience) Because waiting an entire week for those awesome new additions is gonna be tough! Good luck with that,lol

Great z/ps choices and even better clown pick ups! Do you have there wysiwyg to post up here, id love to see! I got one of my two pairs from them also, and ive been very pleased with mine.

Man i hope your a good fisherman (Patience) Because waiting an entire week for those awesome new additions is gonna be tough! Good luck with that,lol

Great z/ps choices and even better clown pick ups! Do you have there wysiwyg to post up here, id love to see! I got one of my two pairs from them also, and ive been very pleased with mine.

I wanted them like...yesterday! But those where the only days I could ensure I'd be home when they were delivered. Of course I have pictures!

Here's the BlackerIce- I think his white marking looks vaguely like America. That made me like him even more. 'Merica!

null_zpsecd145a1.jpg

And the Snowflake- I love the spot he has

null_zps218cad1e.jpg

Yeaaa buddy! Purdy sexy lil pair of fishes! Thats a game changer for your tank, its gonna be so much more enjoyable with this duo in there.

It'll be nice to watch these guys all night haha. Snails can only be watched for so long before I get bored!

These little white dots have been on these two polyps I think since I got them around 3 weeks ago. Didn't think anything of them but they appear to be getting bigger so I'm wondering if they're zoa pox. The zoas stay open all day and don't seem to be affected by them which is different than what I've read about zoa pox so I'm Not sure. Any ideas?

null_zps0aaa5e2d.jpg

The eggs need to be scraped off w/a razor blade (not affected by any dips I know of). Just slide the blade at a 90 deg angle to the skin of the zoa and they should slide off. Get them before hatching!

Had a little bit of a scare today. I get home and the house feels a little cold, ( outside temp went from around mid 50's at night to mid 30's last night) I look at the tank and notice the temperature is 73.5! :o Obviously not where i normally keep it of 78! So i quickly turn the heat on in the house and throw my water mixing heater in the tank to warm this thing up!

Both frags appear to be doing fine, in fact the acan looked better than ever surprisingly. :rolleyes:

Fish arriving in less than 48 hours! B)

Bit of an update. First off. Clownfish are doing great. The snowflake is a bit of a Spaaz but they're so cool! Second. Alpha aquaculture gets a great review from me! Communication was awesome and they worked with me on everything!

In other news, my order from Planet Zoa is inbound and I'm more than a little worried. Apparently mother nature decided tonight/tomorrow would be the coldest day of the week with frost warnings overnight. Great right? We shall see tomorrow and I'll be posting pics sometime tomorrow as well.

Some Clown pics to start with

null_zps14d6088c.jpg

null_zpsefa429bd.jpg

(Best I could get, these guys are so hard to take pictures of)

Next up, pics of the order from Planet Zoa today. Extremely happy with my order!

Salted Agave PE opening up

null_zps35778306.jpg

Prometheans(kinda blurry. sorry) center is a mix of yellow and green

null_zpsa6266802.jpg

Speckled Fire and Ice( love this polyp!)

null_zps24b8aa60.jpg

Lazer lemons I believe. I only ordered 1 polyp of these....

null_zpsc4afef64.jpg

Everlasting Gobstoppers haven't opened up yet.

Lastly, I'm wondering what's going on with my original zoa frag. I got rid of some nudi eggs the other day, and then today I noticed the polyps were not opening near as much as usual. Also, it appears as if the "stalks" have shriveled a little bit. heres some pics. I shined a white led(from iPhone) to show them better and not have the LED's mess up the pics)

http://s1129.photobucket.com/user/kguske2/media/KGs%20Reef%20Tank/null_zpsd774aa54.jpg.html'>null_zpsd774aa54.jpg

http://s1129.photobucket.com/user/kguske2/media/KGs%20Reef%20Tank/null_zps6619a34f.jpg.html'>null_zps6619a34f.jpg

Any idea what could be happening based on these pics? If they even look bad of course!

Archived