Top Shelf Aquatics

Jacks Big, Wet, Infected Shit-Box....trip to the Clinica

jack1978

I just went searching for a FTS of your tank. Had to go all the way to the first page! You need more FTS's ;). What ledge are the anemones under...the far left?

BTW...did you know the heart of a palm tree is at the very top in the frond area? I learned this when we removed a bird-planted palm tree. If you cut off the head, it won't survive. Most trees the heart is down underground in the root system. Just an FYI...I saw your palm removal photos :).

Hey there....yes, far left, front ledge.

I'd post a few new FTS ....but I need to finish hanging my light canopy and get it looking a little nicer.....and take some quality pics.

Thanks for taking the time to look through it though!

And yes, I found that out about the palms....super hard to cut the closer you get to the top....all their water is up there.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so it's in the family blood, just looking at the nem pics- both of you guys take excellent shots of your tank. And great score on that nem.

Ok, so it's in the family blood, just looking at the nem pics- both of you guys take excellent shots of your tank. And great score on that nem.

Hey there, thanks for stop'n in! You're too kind on the pic complements....towards me anyway. Genas tank looks almost fake it's so nice and glowing with color.

The rock nems are my new favorite...if I could just keep them out in the open....going to hang my light higher to see if that helps...

What's up Glenn? Crazy cans you got going, wish I had room!!!

Those 'nems are sweet! I wish I could give you some advice on how to keep them from hiding all the time! Unfortunately I'm a 'nem noob.

Ya....I have a couple hundy in ones I can't even see.... :angry:

What's up Glenn? Crazy cans you got going, wish I had room!!!

Ya....I have a couple hundy in ones I can't even see.... :angry:

Yeah, I'm trying to clear up some real estate in the big tank so I can move in some new stuff.

Can you make like a little 'nem island? Maybe on a rock that they can't crawl up under?? Again, I'm a 'nem noob. I know nothing about them. Will they walk across the sand bed to find a spot they like?

Yeah, I'm trying to clear up some real estate in the big tank so I can move in some new stuff.

Can you make like a little 'nem island? Maybe on a rock that they can't crawl up under?? Again, I'm a 'nem noob. I know nothing about them. Will they walk across the sand bed to find a spot they like?

I could, I don't think they'd travel the sandbed. I just don't have anymore realstate for a rescape.....I need a bigger tank :huh:

Well I hope they come back out permanently :). I

'm still planning on breaking down my 40 and starting it over. I want to do a fully mixed reef complete with some sweet 'nems of my own. I still don't really have an ETA for that project though. Maybe sometime around the end of January..

It will be a nice change. Having so much SPS in such a small volume of water is a lot to keep up with and I just don't really have the time. CGA has been keeping me pretty busy, and the lack of upkeep on the 40 is noticeable. Gena's tank is very inspirational. If I can create something half as nice as her tank I will be happy :).

You owe my $13 for a new keyboard, lol.

How about I just buy some coral from you? ;)

I've been looking at your auctions. Just need to wait until after the holidays...it's killing me :lol:.

Power has been off for the past 5 hours now. Repairs should be done within the next hour.....so far, so good.

Power off? Repairs? What happened? How's the tank doing?
Power off? Repairs? What happened? How's the tank doing?

Edison replaced a pole and shut down the entire neighborhood for the day. After about 6 hours power was restored. Everyone is good! Thanks for checking G. How's that baby doing? Any color yet?

Edison replaced a pole and shut down the entire neighborhood for the day. After about 6 hours power was restored. Everyone is good! Thanks for checking G. How's that baby doing? Any color yet?

They've been replacing poles around here too, but it hasn't affected us. It's interesting to watch them do it.

Baby is fine. Still no color. I'm actually not convinced it's a rock flower now. It could be an aptasia :angry::lol:. I'll just have to keep watching it as it grows. Aptastia never crossed my mind since this rock isn't from the ocean. However, it could have HH in on plants. I hope it's not an aptasia :lol:.

Oh no! Well, that would explain "no color", :lol: Can you poke it and see if it disappears into the rock? If it does, KILL IT!

Yeah, I'll try that eventually. The way it looks today makes me think aptasia, but it also kinda looks like my larger white anemone from KPA. This does look like it has white on it. I hope it's not an aptasia...how disappointing that would be!!!!

Archived