Skimmer: tunze 9002
Evaporation Top Up Unit: DIY ATO

Chemical Support: carbon, chemical pure/elite

Dosing: randy2part

gallery_74206_3_275255.jpg

gallery_74206_3_755340.jpg

gallery_74206_3_284652.jpg

• Like 7

okie i guess i can join too :)Display Tank: 40G Breeder AIODisplay Lighting: single ReefBreeder ledStand: DIY StandSump: noneSystem Water: RO/DI systemDisplay Water circulation: Vortech MP40ES x 2Controller: N/AReturn Pump: eheimSkimmer: tunze 9002Evaporation Top Up Unit: DIY ATO

Chemical Support: carbon, chemical pure/elite

Dosing: randy2part

gallery_74206_3_275255.jpggallery_74206_3_755340.jpggallery_74206_3_284652.jpg

Cool anenome collection.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Cycle Start: 01/19/14

Display Tank: 40G Breeder.
Display Lighting: DIY LEDs 200 Watt
Stand: DIY 2x4 with plywood top
Total System volume is 53 gallons
System Water: RODI w/ Red Sea Salt
Display Water circulation: 1 WP-25, 1 Tunzee 6015 (Soon to be WP-10)
Sump: 20L 3 Sections 1) Drain/Skimmer 2)Fuge 3) Return Pump/ATO
Overflow: FAOIS Acrylic Overflow
Controller: Jarduino
Return Pump: Tunze 1073.02
Skimmer: Eshopps S-120
Evaporation Top Up Unit: Autotopoff.com 2 float system
Nutrient Export: Chaeto, soon to be two little fishies GFO and Carbon
Dosing: Occasional Reef Energy A and B, Baking Soda as needed for ALK

Fish: Snowflake Clownfish
Clean up Crew: 40B CUC package from Reefcleaners
Coral:
Various SPS
Zoas/Palys
Hammer Coral
Frogspawn
Fungia Plate

Here are a few pictures I took last night. I will get some updated DSLR pictures later this week.

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/rgwalkeriv/media/IMG_3193_zpsf8598da5.jpg.html'>IMG_3193_zpsf8598da5.jpg

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/rgwalkeriv/media/IMG_3197_zpsbb996d86.jpg.html'>IMG_3197_zpsbb996d86.jpg

• Like 2
lagunastudio

http://s192.photobucket.com/user/shapeshavefangs/media/FTS-Blue_Angle_zps1cb1539d.jpg.html'>FTS-Blue_Angle_zps1cb1539d.jpg

Started: Nov 2012

Lighting: 2x AI sol blue

Protein Skimmer: Forgot

Sump: 20L DIY - 3 chambers, protein skimmer, refugium, return chamber

Flow: MP10

Overflow: Glassholes 700 gph kit

Pump: Hydor SELTZ L40 740 gph

Tunze Osmolator 3155

Salt: Reef Crystals

Dosing: BRS Calcium, Kent Super Buffer, Kent iodine

• Like 5
FTS-Blue_Angle_zps1cb1539d.jpg

Tunze Osmolator 3155

Awesome tank! How long did the tank run Leds?

• Like 1
lagunastudio

Awesome tank! How long did the tank run Leds?

From the start, I ran T5s for a short period then upgraded to AIs. They are excellent lights LED is the way to go IMO.

• Like 2

FTS-Blue_Angle_zps1cb1539d.jpg

Tunze Osmolator 3155

Amazing job! Do you run just 1 MP 10? I've been wanting to upgrade my flow for my mixed reef tank and was thinking about doing one MP 10 but was concerned it wouldn't be enough.

• Like 1
lagunastudio

Amazing job! Do you run just 1 MP 10? I've been wanting to upgrade my flow for my mixed reef tank and was thinking about doing one MP 10 but was concerned it wouldn't be enough.

Yes I run a single MP10 and it's more than enough flow. I keep SPS and zoanthids only and its great. As a matter of fact when my nem was in the tank it was way too much flow for it unless at 50% or in certain areas of the tank. It is a bit challenging figuring out placement depending on your rock work.

• Like 1

I'd like to get in on this, this is my first saltwater tank after years of freshwater planted, I made the switch. There's a ton of hermit housing in the front as i just got a Reef cleaners package this week.

Tank is about 3 months old but only been stocking for the last month.

fe74bc7a-46d5-4118-bcf8-12bb9f43a113_zps

A couple of my favorite shots:

DSC_0016_zps3503b341.jpg

DSC_0006_zpsec73a1eb.jpg

DSC_0011_zpsc9da4129.jpg

• Like 1

Just picked up a used Glass Cages rimless 40B that's reef ready with oak stand. I'm stuck between two fixtures. Either the AI Hydra (can't afford a Hydra 52 or 2 Hydras) or the Reef Breeders Photon 24. I don't think the single Hydra will have enough spread or be bright enough especially at the edges. Logan from Reef Breeders says the Photon 24 would do excellent with 120° optics because I'm doing LPS, Zoas, etc. Opinion please

• Like 1
frankdontsurf

Sale started today, almost pulled the trigger on a 40b. I have a question. Has anyone removed the top bracing and used acrylic to do a eurobrace? That plastic is so thick and unsightly. I'd probably build a canopy for it to hide the black brace if an acrylic euro brace was not possible/effective.

• Like 1
Paandemonium

Sale started today, almost pulled the trigger on a 40b. I have a question. Has anyone removed the top bracing and used acrylic to do a eurobrace? That plastic is so thick and unsightly. I'd probably build a canopy for it to hide the black brace if an acrylic euro brace was not possible/effective.

I know theres at least one person on here that has done it BUT I would really suggest against it(mostly because the plastic is there to hide what my mother would call their little "turds" in other words, their sloppy construction of the tank.

....... WHERE IS THE DOLLAR PER GALLON GOING ON? I need a 30 H

• Like 1

I would not do it! Mine bows with the braces on also how would you attach acrylic to glass? I agree with Clayaalaeonas the top does look bsd, I tried it on a 20L.

I know theres at least one person on here that has done it BUT I would really suggest against it(mostly because the plastic is there to hide what my mother would call their little "turds" in other words, their sloppy construction of the tank........ WHERE IS THE DOLLAR PER GALLON GOING ON? I need a 30 H
Petco has the dollar sale!
  • Like 1

40B should never have the plastic removed and acrylic doesn't really bond to silicone. Some tanks truly don't need the brace but a 40B isn't one of them, they flex quite a bit when full since they are only 1/4" glass which is really too thin to begin with for the dimensions so don't push it! If you wish to eurobrace the tank use glass as it naturally bonds with silicone.

• Like 1
frankdontsurf

I know theres at least one person on here that has done it BUT I would really suggest against it(mostly because the plastic is there to hide what my mother would call their little "turds" in other words, their sloppy construction of the tank.

....... WHERE IS THE DOLLAR PER GALLON GOING ON? I need a 30 H

Petco on Kendall and 120th, where the Chilli's and Sports Authority is across from the BestBuy and Barnes and Noble.

Went to Strictly yesterday, got a spongidiode(?) a Blasto and a neon tipped frogspawn that just arrived. Do those montis change colors? Because I feel like its looking different then when Luis bagged it.

40B should never have the plastic removed and acrylic doesn't really bond to silicone. Some tanks truly don't need the brace but a 40B isn't one of them, they flex quite a bit when full since they are only 1/4" glass which is really too thin to begin with for the dimensions so don't push it! If you wish to eurobrace the tank use glass as it naturally bonds with silicone.

Where could I procure a glass eurobrace with 40b dimensions? Would it be something a glass shop could do? I'm worried the edges of the glass under the stock brace will be total poop. :/

• Like 1