Cultivated Reef

The 40B Club.

BeardedReeferLLC

llama roadkill
I love my peninsula tank! I sold one of my couches just to make room so I could set it up again... Its going to look epic when I have that small island on the right completely covered in zoas and pallys.

Great idea!

• Like 1

Strike up Date: January 2013 First fish July 2013 First Coral August

Display Tank: 40G Breeder.
Display Lighting: ATI Sunpower 6 bulb 24"
Stand: Stand what stand she's floating
Sump: 29g Tall [Skimmer section l Return Section]

Frag Tank: 40 Breeder
Total System volume is approx 100 Gallons
Overflow: 2 sets of Bean Animal
System Water: Reef Crystals
Display Water circulation: mp10, tunze 6095, tunze 6015 over 100X turnover
Controller: Reef Keeper lite
Return Pump: eheim compact
Skimmer: NWB150 Reef Octopus.
Evaporation Top Up Unit: RKL float switches and added redundancy

Nutrient Export: Settling Tank

Dosing: Baking Soda

Fish: Bicolor Blenny & Clown fish

Clean up Crew: None

Coral SPS only

post-76333-0-75079400-1380421323_thumb.jpg

post-76333-0-23593000-1380421324_thumb.jpg

post-76333-0-95507200-1380421324_thumb.jpg

post-76333-0-31524000-1380421325_thumb.jpg

post-76333-0-71087600-1380421325_thumb.jpg

• Like 4
llama roadkill
Strike up Date: January 2013 First fish July 2013 First Coral AugustDisplay Tank: 40G Breeder.Display Lighting: ATI Sunpower 6 bulb 24"Stand: Stand what stand she's floatingSump: 29g Tall [Skimmer section l Return Section]Frag Tank: 40 Breeder Total System volume is approx 100 GallonsOverflow: 2 sets of Bean AnimalSystem Water: Reef CrystalsDisplay Water circulation: mp10, tunze 6095, tunze 6015 over 100X turnoverController: Reef Keeper liteReturn Pump: eheim compact Skimmer: NWB150 Reef Octopus.Evaporation Top Up Unit: RKL float switches and added redundancyNutrient Export: Settling TankDosing: Baking Soda Fish: Bicolor Blenny & Clown fishClean up Crew: NoneCoral SPS only

I saw you start the thread awhile ago and hoped that it would turn out well.

IT OBVIOUSLY DID!

• Like 1

I saw you start the thread awhile ago and hoped that it would turn out well. IT OBVIOUSLY DID!

Thanks.. it has been great some ups and downs but all ACROS are doing great, still need to color them up.

• Like 1

Im in

2013-09-25144443.png

NaCl wet day was Saturday

that's going to look so awesome when it's covered in coral. It's perhaps one of the most unusual scapes I've seen yet :) Love it!

Coral SPS only

Just jaw dropping !!!!!! :)

• Like 2
Paandemonium

Coral SPS only

I love your tank but I would be sooooo afraid to touch it lol

• Like 1

Fluval 8g ----> 40B

set up for over a month now.

Gear:

glassholes 700GPH overflow

Eheim compact+ 2000 return

eheim jager 150W heater

Jaebo WP25 pump

DIY Full Spectrum with typhon controller (running a different program than what came with it)

JBJ ATO

Purigen

RapidLED par38 (for the fuge)

IzV0f0J.jpg

• Like 2

I'm joining the 40B club! A tank full of water on my kitchen floor...got the badfish aio siliconed and cured, leak test done and testing out the pump and heater. Top down shot of the water flow. The water flow from the pump is only about 6x but I'm going to make the middle compartment a fuge so I wanted a slower turnover rate from the pump. I'm going to add circulation with a jebao wp 25. My plans are to have a lagoon of rocks on the left, a single piece in the middle and some stacked up on the right side

post-80649-0-69001100-1381372687_thumb.jpg

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Oops....I forget to add mine to this when I was first "invited", hope it not too late! :D

Strike up Date: March 2013
Display Tank: 40G Breeder with custom-cut glass top
Display Lighting: a pair of BoostLED Par30's for sunrise/ sunset and a 150W MH running a Phoenix 14K bulb
Stand: custom-built wood stand from Joe's Woodwork's
Sump: 20L with 3 sections (filter sock and skimmer/ chaeto and live rock/ return), no bubble traps (don't need them), and glass top
Total System volume: approximately 50+ gallons
Overflow: Eshopps Nano Overflow with a Hofer gurgle-buster
System Water: Instant Ocean Reef Crystals
Display Water circulation: EcoTech MP10
Controller: none
Return Pump: Rio 6HF
Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 5
Evaporation Top Up Unit: none currently, done manually every other day (probably will be using a Tunze Nano ATO shortly)
Nutrient Export: 4" filter sock changed weekly, 20% water change done every 2-4 weeks
Dosing: none
Food: daily mix of NLS small pellet, Formula 1 small pellet, Hikari Marine S small pellet, Hikari Seaweed Extreme small pellet, Hikari enriched frozen brine, Hikari frozen mysis, freeze-dried (reconstituted) Cyclopeeze, and Omega One nori sheet once a week for the yellow tang

Fish: A. ocellaris clown pair, small yellow tang, Springer's damsel, Sinclair's damsel, a pair of Azure damsels, tailspot blenny, elongate dottyback, yellow watchman goby, orangespotted goby
Clean up Crew: single nassarius snail, single small hermit crab
Coral leather corals, Kenya tree corals, hammer corals, brain coral, Grube's gorgonian, ricordea mushrooms, few small polyps, 3 GBTA's - plan on several additional RBTA's

January FTS:
temporary-116.jpg

October FTS:
temporary-93.jpg

Original sump shot:
temporary-49.jpg

Thanks all! :)

• Like 6

Oops....I forget to add mine to this when I was first "invited", hope it not too late! :D

Display Lighting: a pair of BoostLED Par30's for sunrise/ sunset and a 150W MH running a Phoenix 14K bulb

Sump: 20L with 3 sections (filter sock and skimmer/ chaeto and live rock/ return), no bubble traps (don't need them), and glass top

Evaporation Top Up Unit: none currently, done manually every other day (probably will be using a Tunze Nano ATO shortly)

Nutrient Export: 4" filter sock changed weekly, 20% water change done every 2-4 weeks

Food: daily mix of NLS small pellet, Formula 1 small pellet, Hikari Marine S small pellet, Hikari Seaweed Extreme small pellet, Hikari enriched frozen brine, Hikari frozen mysis, freeze-dried (reconstituted) Cyclopeeze, and Omega One nori sheet once a week for the yellow tang

Fish: A. ocellaris clown pair, small yellow tang, Springer's damsel, Sinclair's damsel, a pair of Azure damsels, tailspot blenny, elongate dottyback, yellow watchman goby, orangespotted goby

Coral leather corals, Kenya tree corals, hammer corals, brain coral, Grube's gorgonian, ricordea mushrooms, few small polyps, 3 GBTA's - plan on several additional RBTA's

Current FTS:

temporary-93.jpg

Original sump shot:

temporary-49.jpg

How much did a custom glass top run you? That's something I've been interested in for my 40b. I like the sump, simple and effective.

• Like 2

Current FTS:

temporary-93.jpg

Original sump shot:

temporary-49.jpg

Very Nice !!!!!!!! :)

• Like 2

How much did a custom glass top run you? That's something I've been interested in for my 40b. I like the sump, simple and effective.

A little over $20 for the main top I believe - it is quality plate glass with polished edges, and a local glass shop cut it for me. As for the sump - thanks, I like it kept simple too... :happy:

Very Nice !!!!!!!! :)

Thanks! :)

• Like 1

A little over $20 for the main top I believe - it is quality plate glass with polished edges, and a local glass shop cut it for me. As for the sump - thanks, I like it kept simple too... :happy:

Thanks! :)

What you did for the lid on the sump is actually what I want to do for my DT lid. I want glass covering the whole thing, obviously with notches for equipment, and I want a corner left like that with a "filler" piece as a small lid on it so I can just lift the corner away for feeding.

• Like 1

What you did for the lid on the sump is actually what I want to do for my DT lid. I want glass covering the whole thing, obviously with notches for equipment, and I want a corner left like that with a "filler" piece as a small lid on it so I can just lift the corner away for feeding.

Yeah, my 40B glass top has two corners cut out in the back so that the overflow (on the left side) and the return (on the right side) can fit, and I feed through the cutout on the right, squirting pre-soaked food (or thawed frozen) right into the return stream. I thought about having a front corner cut out, but wanted to cut down on "escape hatches" for any jumpers... ;)

• Like 1

Yeah I hear you, that's why I want a little "mini lid" on a corner, a small triangle of glass I can pick up and remove. In my perfect scenario the lid would be cut to fit perfectly around my overflow and return so there would be no space to jump back there. I'd just have my small removable lid with some sort of handle on it as that little corner triangle. Having it on a corner like that means it won't fall in the tank, it'll just sit there.

• Like 1

My 40 Breeder was dismantled, but I will post it up as an example for others.

Display Lighting: 6 Bulb T5HO
Stand: DIY Stand & Canopy
Sump: 40G Breeder (Skimmer & Refugium)

Total System Volume: ~70 Gallons
Overflow: Custom Herbie
Refugium Lighting: Power Compact
Display Water circulation: 900gph Return, 1200gph Closed Loop, both on SCWDs
Return Pump: Quiet One 4000HH
Skimmer: Octopus

NewBulbsFTS.jpg

FTSGlenShot.jpg

AcroAngleNewlamps.jpg

IMG_0001.jpgSumpFull.jpgBulbs.jpg

• Like 5
llama roadkill
My 40 Breeder was dismantled, but I will post it up as an example for others.

Display Tank: 40G Breeder.Display Lighting: 6 Bulb T5HOStand: DIY Stand & CanopySump: 40G Breeder (Skimmer & Refugium)

Total System Volume: ~70 GallonsOverflow: Custom HerbieRefugium Lighting: Power CompactDisplay Water circulation: 900gph Return, 1200gph Closed Loop, both on SCWDsReturn Pump: Quiet One 4000HHSkimmer: Octopus

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/TJ_Burton/NewBulbsFTS.jpg'>NewBulbsFTS.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/TJ_Burton/FTSGlenShot.jpg'>FTSGlenShot.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/TJ_Burton/AcroAngleNewlamps.jpg'>AcroAngleNewlamps.jpg

IMG_0001.jpgSumpFull.jpgBulbs.jpg

Whoa. Awesome.

• Like 2