SaltCritters.com

Can I get an opinion on this clam

Fsarmien

How does this clam look? I just bought it yesterday and it hasn't fully extended in awhile, so I'm a little worried. What should I do?

bzwi.jpg

Rollermonkey

Not a lot of room between the side glass and the frag rack... It may not like that.

Also: That's an awfully big clam for what doesn't look like a very big tank...

Where's your tank build thread?

Clam is pissed off. IT seems evenly retracted which, right now and from what little I know, is not indicative of a disease, just that it is pissed off. Did you acclimate it to your water?

Sorry for the late response. It's in a 12 gallon tank right now because I'm waiting on new lights that are suppose to come this week from steve's LEDs for my RSM 130. I drip acclimated the clam as well by putting it in a container than using an IV line. Is it bad that I exposed it to air, because I may have done that.

Here are my parameters:

ammonia- 0

phophates- .22

ph- 8.0

temp 77.6

If you need the others, I'll try to get it, but I'm having trouble using these new test kits lol.

EDIT: I'll make a tank thread soon.

Wow, big maxima in a 12 gallon. This will be interesting.

Yeah it will be there for a couple of days then I'm moving it to my 34g. It doesn't have lights right now, so its temporarily in the 12.

Rollermonkey

Sorry for the late response. It's in a 12 gallon tank right now because I'm waiting on new lights that are suppose to come this week from steve's LEDs for my RSM 130. I drip acclimated the clam as well by putting it in a container than using an IV line. Is it bad that I exposed it to air, because I may have done that.

Here are my parameters:

ammonia- 0

phophates- .22

ph- 8.0

temp 77.6

If you need the others, I'll try to get it, but I'm having trouble using these new test kits lol.

EDIT: I'll make a tank thread soon.

Did you 'burp' the clam after you exposed it to air?

(rotate the clam two or three times so any ingested air can escape)

Did you 'burp' the clam after you exposed it to air?

(rotate the clam two or three times so any ingested air can escape)

Okay, I'll try doing that too. Thank you.

Rollermonkey

OK, I just felt bad that I didn't say that the first time, and had a horrible image of you doing it out of the tank and draining all the water OUT of the clam instead.

lol

Archived