Cultivated Reef

Jay's IM Nuvo 24

Jay Wee

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, yes, yes MP10=WIN. I have one in a 12g tank and i run it at 50% reef crest, so no it isn't overkill for your tank.

Yessir, save yourself $50

Yes. I'll put that money to good use at the new strip club across the street.

Yes, yes, yes MP10=WIN. I have one in a 12g tank and i run it at 50% reef crest, so no it isn't overkill for your tank.

I noticed you put yours on the top left hand side of the tank. Is there a reason? If I have the spin stream nozzles doing the work at the top, should I place the mp10 at the bottom?

Yes. I'll put that money to good use at the new strip club across the street.

I noticed you put yours on the top left hand side of the tank. Is there a reason? If I have the spin stream nozzles doing the work at the top, should I place the mp10 at the bottom?

I am relying on my mp10 for almost all of my flow. My return is dialed back a bit so it doesn't kick up sand since its such a shallow tank (9"). I have the mp10 placed as high as it can go with the picO mp10 shield so again it wont make a sandstorm.

lol you can always upgrade it to be wireless with the $40 rf module from ecotech.

Good to know. No strip club then. Will save that for rainy days in case I need to make it wifi.

BTW instead of GFO i HIGHLY recommend po4x4 instead, its granulated and wont turn to dust in the reactor. its made to tumble.

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/reef-interests-po4x4

(check ebay) :P

Wow. PO4X4. No idea what that is but sounds like the terminator of all filter mediums.

would it be overkill in my 6 gallon tank?

Nope, I'm considering one in my PicO, and it's a 4g display.

good to know! I will probably pick one up in the future. Then again, I don't have any issues with the small koralia nano right now XD

Nope, I'm considering one in my PicO, and it's a 4g display.

Yup had one in my spec v too. It's great being adjustable :)

defender.TX

It makes me a little nervous that your tank had some broken pieces when it showed up - mine is supposed to be delivered Tuesday, fingers crossed it makes it in one piece!

It makes me a little nervous that your tank had some broken pieces when it showed up - mine is supposed to be delivered Tuesday, fingers crossed it makes it in one piece!

Congrats on your win!! I'm sure it'll be fine. And Innovative Marine has superb customer care, you'll be well taken care of. They already sent me the replacement parts.

So guys, my cured Fiji Live Rocks came in today from MarineDepot. But I'm only able to setup my tank on sunday cuz that's when I'll have my stand ready. What should I do in the meantime. Will covering it with wet newspaper be sufficient or do I have to put them in a bucket with saltwater?

defender.TX

So guys, my cured Fiji Live Rocks came in today from MarineDepot. But I'm only able to setup my tank on sunday cuz that's when I'll have my stand ready. What should I do in the meantime. Will covering it with wet newspaper be sufficient or do I have to put them in a bucket with saltwater?

Couldn't hurt to throw it in a bucket with some saltwater, a powerhead, and a heater if you have them. Otherwise it will probably be fine just with the saltwater.

So here's what I'm thinking for my scape. Obviously it all depends on the Rock I received from MarineDepot. Hopefully there's some interesting shapes I can play with.

But here's a rough rendering of what's in my head.

post-79745-0-89372600-1368823974_thumb.jpg

Most of the sand bed will be Caribsea Arag Alive Fiji Pink. There will be sort of a black carpet trail made out of Caribsea Tropic Isle Tahitian Black Moon Sand. Hopefully I'll have a rock that's sort of an arch where I can put over the black trail. Most of the bulk load of the rock will be on the right. And a small one on the left to balance the aesthetics. Eventually there's be corals all around.

It'll be cool to have little frags attached on the arch.

Let me know what you guys think.

I would definitely put the rocks in a bucket with saltwater, flow, and heat. This will minimize dieoff so you can keep the cool hitchhikers.

I would definitely put the rocks in a bucket with saltwater, flow, and heat. This will minimize dieoff so you can keep the cool hitchhikers.

Cool I'll do that.

agreed with the saltwater/flow/heat and I like the scape plan+sand! Can't wait to see it actualized.

FINALLY!!! The stand is complete. Lotsa work went into it. It's quite a piece of art I must say so myself.

post-79745-0-97390800-1368989962_thumb.jpeg

Drilling in the vintage cast iron machine legs. Kept the raw finish.

post-79745-0-61208900-1368990013_thumb.jpeg

post-79745-0-54104100-1368990997_thumb.jpeg

Standing strong upright. Setting in the welded mesh grill door.

post-79745-0-31483800-1368990627_thumb.jpeg

Perfect fit onto the magnet. Found two round knobs to go with it.

post-79745-0-06224400-1368990330_thumb.jpeg

Tank flushes perfect on all edges.

post-79745-0-00395600-1368990428_thumb.jpeg

Cabinet perfect for plugs and wires. And my stash of playboy.

post-79745-0-49975800-1368990710_thumb.jpeg

The finished piece. The grey staining on the wood blends well with my grey wall. Gives it that floating illusion.

post-79745-0-92489800-1368990779_thumb.jpeg

The viewing area in front of the tank.

Can't wait to fill in the live sand, live rock and ocean water and start the cycling process!

whoa whoa whoa whoa stop the clock!

probably the best stand on nano-reef.

Hahaha. Thank you.

Very nice man. Never seen a fish tank stand like it!

Thanks man! I wanted it to not look like a fish tank stand but more like a pedestal to showcase the beautiful nuvo 24.

Archived