Top Shelf Aquatics

Shifting Dullness, (PicO III)

William

Razor Nano, or better, DIY.

AI sucks, Nano Box's are nice, although I like the Razor a bit more, Kessils are meh, LEDgroupbuy's new multichip is way better.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Razor Nano, or better, DIY.

AI sucks, Nano Box's are nice, although I like the Razor a bit more, Kessils are meh, LEDgroupbuy's new multichip is way better.

Being in the medical field, i have no electrical experience, and do not have a lot of time to go through the learning curve. I like the idea of DIY, especially with the multi-chip, but I do not think that my end product will be that great.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Craigs list... Also, try ikea. Never know what you'll find there... I did! Well I give the wife the credit...

So i think im going to go with Seachem Gray coast for the sand. That is unless you know a reason why I shouldnt.

Also, i bought a stand today. 18x18 black marineland stand from my lfs

And as far as my fish stocking, Im thinking:

1) A swalesi basslet or a yellow assesor

2) 3 blue eye cardinals, or a ORA Spotcinctus Clownfish and geometric pygmy hawk.

I hate "normal clowns" or any clown based off of percula or ocellaris clowns. Also I like fish that are not that usual

• 3 weeks later...

Apex is fully mounted in the stand, as well as the two dosing pumps and the aqua lifter. Razor nano should be at my door any moment, ups willing. I'll post pics in a sec

SouthFlorida_Tron

i guess i see the point of view but spending hundreds just to have a non normal looking fish is just not in my common sense! spend it if ya got it i suppose!

Where's the pictures!? Also, have you seen a pair of midnight clowns in person? I'm also not a clown person but the coloring is very striking.

sorry i will try to get pictures up, i have been traveling alot lately, and then i started my internal medicine rotation, so i have not had alot of time.

Tank now has water and sand and vidarock in it, as soon as i can figure out why i cant get into my photobucket account illl post pics

null_zps3df989f3.jpg

null_zps9da8049d.jpg

I ordered a hanging kit as this is not going to work

null_zps015fdc55.jpg

as you can see, my tank is on a low sodium diet....

null_zps0bb1f862.jpg

null_zpse873078c.jpg

null_zpsa1fdcdd8.jpg

null_zpscebe31ea.jpg

null_zps84653ca9.jpg

null_zpsfb1e085a.jpg

I went with the seachem gray coast sand as i liked the way it looked. probably going to order a tunze 9004 soon, unless the new mini cadlights skimmer is a hit

i also have a screen on the way from PicO

Same thing happened when I tried to mount the razor on the back of my PicO Is, I ended up getting a sheet of black acrylic 2 inches higher then my tank, I attached that to the back with sticky velcro and voila! Hanging kit will look good too, and frankly I don't think it looks bad mounted on a side either.

hanging kit should be here soon. I did a 1/2 water change in the new tank, with an old tank (i would assume the new water would be perfectly clean) and put a couple of test corals in there, and may or may not have put a mystery wrasse in there ( :rolleyes: ........ not the most responsible think in the world, but the price i got it for was less than half of what they normally go for). im monitoring params carefully and will move him if he starts to look stressed. i also used microbacter 7 on startup

Deleted User 4

I'm just curious, what happens when you lower the lighting unit? Does the 2 handle bars stick out underneath the mountings by much? Pictures would help. Thanks.

Archived