Top Shelf Aquatics

Drift Monkey's ADA 60-P (Rebooted!)

Drift Monkey

Everything is looking great man. Nice to see some coral in the tank finally. My tank has frag disks and plugs all over the place lol. I am too lazy to take the coral off them and glue them down. Might do that my next day off.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drift Monkey

I've been doing this for a long time and discs are great and easier to place than plugs. Rubble is easiest to place but I just use a bit of epoxy on the disc bottom and it will stick anywhere, they make for a great flat base for SPS to encrust.

Anyway enough sidetracking, your tank is looking great :)

Thanks. I also think discs can look decent if you place them right...like anything/everything it all depends.

Everything is looking great man. Nice to see some coral in the tank finally. My tank has frag disks and plugs all over the place lol. I am too lazy to take the coral off them and glue them down. Might do that my next day off.

I hear that. Thanks for the compliment!

Drift Monkey

Some new additions! :D

I forgot to post these last weekend when I picked this guys up but here goes anyway!

1077773_10151618070371137_813038319_o.jp

Yes! Porcelain crabs...you are mine again! :naughtydance:

892529_10151618070526137_42178802_o.jpg

Picked up a small ricordea too...

1094472_10151618070666137_314046343_o.jp

Looks better under my lights than the LFS's (duh). :ninja:

1097834_10151618070826137_1726385497_o.j

One of the buggers settling into his new diatom infested home. :blush:

1093910_10151618071016137_1960817972_o.j

Found this one "hosting" the hammer the other day. He has since moved on though... :closedeyes:

1097200_10151618071311137_1075693422_o.j

I fed the tank too...everyone seemed to enjoy that! :wub:

1094476_10151618071561137_706797541_o.jp

Found them sccoting around the tank at "dawn" one morning. Lil' rascals! :lol:

1116129_10151618072076137_1935074922_o.j

Reefcleaners CUC...thanks USPS... :rolleyes:

1073918_10151618071651137_383471389_o.jp

Pitiful FTS after dumping the snails in. John really hooked it up...I have WAYYY too many snails now. He sent me like a hundred dwarf ceriths! :o

1116012_10151618071866137_1919132355_o.j

...so many that I dumped the rest in the sump. Here's an updated shot of it BTW...you can see everything is nice and slimed up now... :lol: I hooked up a CFL to a clip lamp and made an egg crate "shield" for it as well. Look at my baby collection of macros. :P

Drift Monkey

Lolol. Diatom!!

How much that ric cost ya? :)

$10 heh. It was actually already splitting when I bought it too!

Get a nem for them crabs!

Workin' on it...I need to find a maxi-mini or two...

$10 heh.

Workin' on it...I need to find a maxi-mini or two...

Maxis are kinda over rated imo. Looks like a BIG ric! haha Get just 1 really nice bta soon and let it settle in without a lot of coral. I would wait another month or 2 though.

Drift Monkey

Maxis are kinda over rated imo. Looks like a BIG ric! haha Get just 1 really nice bta soon and let it settle in without a lot of coral. I would wait another month or 2 though.

Yeah but I love rics! :P I'll just let Zack's sherman split...I can wait...I think...

$10!! :)

Can't beat that eh?

Deleted User 4

Yeah but I love rics! :P I'll just let Zack's sherman split...I can wait...I think...

Can't beat that eh?

Actually I can!!! Muahahaha :)

I plan to just spend $5-10 only on each florida ric for my ada.

Drift Monkey

Actually I can!!! Muahahaha :)

I plan to just spend $5-10 only on each florida ric for my ada.

From a LFS?

Nice crabs, make sure they get enough food, spot feed if needed since the majority of their food is from filtering.

Drift Monkey

Nice crabs, make sure they get enough food, spot feed if needed since the majority of their food is from filtering.

I usually jump cyclopeeze directly on them with the MP10 off. Then turn it back on and let em filter feed some more. Not exactly sure how often they should be getting fed though...

I can't seem to find the third (smallest one) either. He's hiding! :mellow:

biocubedatx

Man this tank has come along very nice!! Glad I was able to help knock the hole in before I left Texas.

How are you liking the skimmer? Did I overlook a shot of the skim mate pulled out? I've got one that just showed up waiting on my nano build, had a slight crack in the base and the ebay seller (the one you ordered your second from) bumped my warranty from 90 days to 1 year in case the crack grows at all, but I sealed it with weld-on 4 so it shouldn't grow at all.

Keep it going, very clean!

Drift Monkey

Man this tank has come along very nice!! Glad I was able to help knock the hole in before I left Texas.

How are you liking the skimmer? Did I overlook a shot of the skim mate pulled out? I've got one that just showed up waiting on my nano build, had a slight crack in the base and the ebay seller (the one you ordered your second from) bumped my warranty from 90 days to 1 year in case the crack grows at all, but I sealed it with weld-on 4 so it shouldn't grow at all.

Keep it going, very clean!

Well lookie who it is? :D I'm glad you were able to help as well!

The skimmer is doing fine...I just emptied it the other day after I fed the tank...it was skimming sorta wet though (somehow). It's skimming pretty dry right now so there isn't tons in the cup.

That seller is pretty good...he probably would send you another base if you were adamant about it...but if it holds it holds.

Thanks...and how's Alabama treating you btw?

biocubedatx

Haha yeah I've been lurking your thread for a bit, and finally had a moment to comment in :) How are you liking the Razor? I'm hunting down a vega currently to stick over this 6 gallon build, hopefully it will be a zeo system in the end!

The seller was stellar, he offered to send me a new body at his cost or to credit back $15. I took the credit and later he sent a message and increased my warranty to "help ease my mind." I'll be able to start hooking it all up once I finish this stand, second coat is on the interior frame, just need to seal and add magnets/skin.

He will also be working with me to build a custom skimmer to put on the 750 gallon DT build. Currently I just have the tank sitting, waiting until I get building permits :D.

Alabama is really fun, I'm always out at the river watching the native fish swim in and out of the swamp.

I heard that the noodle shop next to fish gallery is suppose to be awesome, so sad I didn't try it. But when I go back to visit I'm hunting you down and we are going on a foodie binge if I can convince you!

Keep the pics flowing, this thread is much more enjoyable than the other :)

nanoreefer11

Can you take a pic of the attatchment for your light? I have that par bulb I got from you but have no idea how to mount it in my stand.

Drift Monkey

Haha yeah I've been lurking your thread for a bit, and finally had a moment to comment in :) How are you liking the Razor? I'm hunting down a vega currently to stick over this 6 gallon build, hopefully it will be a zeo system in the end!

The seller was stellar, he offered to send me a new body at his cost or to credit back $15. I took the credit and later he sent a message and increased my warranty to "help ease my mind." I'll be able to start hooking it all up once I finish this stand, second coat is on the interior frame, just need to seal and add magnets/skin.

He will also be working with me to build a custom skimmer to put on the 750 gallon DT build. Currently I just have the tank sitting, waiting until I get building permits :D.

Alabama is really fun, I'm always out at the river watching the native fish swim in and out of the swamp.

I heard that the noodle shop next to fish gallery is suppose to be awesome, so sad I didn't try it. But when I go back to visit I'm hunting you down and we are going on a foodie binge if I can convince you!

Keep the pics flowing, this thread is much more enjoyable than the other :)

The Razor is great. Originally I didn't want to spend that kinda money on a light...but I'm really glad I did. Zeo huh? Sounds like an interesting build...I'll have to follow that one!

Oooohhh....the 750! I can't wait to see how massive the skimmer for that thing'll be! :lol:

Sounds awesome...I saw your pics of the river. I'd probably just become a fishing bum if I lived that close..:haha:

I'm always down to eat! You lemme know when you visit again and we'll check it out.

Well, there's just more people over here I guess. Good to see you're doing well!

PS - Taking the MSF course this weekend. B)

Can you take a pic of the attatchment for your light? I have that par bulb I got from you but have no idea how to mount it in my stand.

1094664_10151619819556137_2143328782_o.j

Here ya go! It's just a simple clip lamp like this: 41GDTn2U52L._SX385_.jpg

Only thing I did was rip off the "reflector" since it is unneeded for the bulb I'm running. I think I'm gonna try a PAR30/PAR38 grow light (reds with a a few blues) sometime down the line. I wish they weren't so expensive.

Archived