Top Shelf Aquatics

Drift Monkey's ADA 60-P (Rebooted!)

Drift Monkey

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drift Monkey

Later when I get home from work. Looks like my piping is housing the brunt of the diatoms though...they have a brownish tint to them now I noticed.

Yeah man...took the wait out of it for sure. I guess I'm gonna add some ammonia back to the tank and see if it processes.

Howdy stranger!

Just drop some corals in there already! lol Only add a couple at a time so that your tank can play catch up. :)

Drift Monkey

Just drop some corals in there already! lol Only add a couple at a time so that your tank can play catch up. :)

I may just do that...I haven't even run another 3ppm ammonia through the system, and frankly...I'm feeling kinda lazy about doing it. Matter of fact, I haven't had time to anything with the tank because I've been playing catch up with sleep! For the past few nights I've been falling asleep at 7ish pm, only to wake up at 8 am for work the next morning! :mellow: I did notice that my RO/DI reservoir is almost completely dry today, meaning it lasted for about 3 weeks now! B) I'm filling it up again this morning, since I can't go back to sleep.

My readings as of late Sunday night were:

Ammonia: 0 ppm

Nitrite: 0 ppm

Nitrate: 10 ppm

The test shows a possible tinge of ammonia...but I doubt that's the case. I'll chalk that up to API "variance." :P I haven't tested the nitrates since...but would it be wise to change some water now to lower that figure or just go ahead and try my hand at some frags?

I may just do that...I haven't even run another 3ppm ammonia through the system, and frankly...I'm feeling kinda lazy about doing it. Matter of fact, I haven't had time to anything with the tank because I've been playing catch up with sleep! For the past few nights I've been falling asleep at 7ish pm, only to wake up at 8 am for work the next morning! :mellow: I did notice that my RO/DI reservoir is almost completely dry today, meaning it lasted for about 3 weeks now! B) I'm filling it up again this morning, since I can't go back to sleep.

My readings as of late Sunday night were:

Ammonia: 0 ppm

Nitrite: 0 ppm

Nitrate: 10 ppm

The test shows a possible tinge of ammonia...but I doubt that's the case. I'll chalk that up to API "variance." :P I haven't tested the nitrates since...but would it be wise to change some water now to lower that figure or just go ahead and try my hand at some frags?

How is it in Texas the RO reservoir lasted 3 weeks? Is your tank covered? My 2.5g reservoir lasts 4 days.

Looks like your cycle is pretty much over, I would do some water changes then go frag shopping!

Drift Monkey

How is it in Texas the RO reservoir lasted 3 weeks? Is your tank covered? My 2.5g reservoir lasts 4 days.

Looks like your cycle is pretty much over, I would do some water changes then go frag shopping!

The reservoir being 5g+ probably has something to do with it. :P Should be able to grab some frags this weekend! :D

Drift Monkey

So after a week of re-acclimating myself to life in the States (ugh)...I finally was able to meet up with Zack (nanoreefer11) and grab a couple frags from him. Mostly zoas/palys (most of which I have no idea what their names are, but Zack does :P) and a small hammer frag. Thanks again Zack!

1077325_10151599020661137_275657837_o.jp

The hammers seemed no have no issue (as advertised) and are already opening up.

1077264_10151599020806137_114107228_o.jp

The only frag that didn't open for me this morning is the orange zoas...I'm sure they'll come around though.

1078851_10151599020871137_705447735_o.jp

These guys were awake and open before the lights were on, beautiful and resilient!

1078786_10151599020931137_1005866670_o.j

Crappy picture of these zoas, but they opened up just fine this morning.

Everything seems to be happy...so I guess my parameters are decent enough afterall.

Drift Monkey

Frag disks... Hate them!

I have plenty of rubble to transfer them too...no worries!

nice pick ups! Get them off those frag discs though!

All in due time...I just dropped them in to see if they'd live!

Go tend to your FOWLR

:wacko: I don't get it. I don't even have fish...so shouldn't it just be "Go tend to your LR" ?

Drift Monkey

1075602_10151599865616137_1797773481_o.j

The hammer is really open now! B)

1074616_10151599865671137_152631057_o.jp

Either it's lovin' its new home or really good at faking it. :lol:

Deleted User 4

nice pick ups! Get them off those frag discs though!

Hey you got frag disks too!!!

:/

Go tend to your FOWLR

I will do that. Sir.

It was towards trolillu

Lolol gashhh, everyone thinks I'm trolling with my FOWLR ADA. Can't I just be unique for once?

:)

Hey you got frag disks too!!!

:/

I will do that. Sir.

Lolol gashhh, everyone thinks I'm trolling with my FOWLR ADA. Can't I just be unique for once?

:)

Aye Im getting to it! I am working part time at LFS so I could use the band saw and chop them off the plugs or cut down the plug!

Deleted User 4

Aye Im getting to it! I am working part time at LFS so I could use the band saw and chop them off the plugs or cut down the plug!

And use small rubbles as substitution. :)

Drift Monkey

1077837_10151608565726137_387489504_o.jp

The orange zoas are finally opening up!

965365_10151608565801137_1669737024_o.jp

Diatoms? About time. I guess I need a CUC now...anyone have an abundance of snails they wanna get rid of? :happydance:

1072581_10151608569691137_674043298_o.jp

1072068_10151608570371137_794132498_o.jp

The hammer is happy as ever...

nanoreefer11

Stuff looks good man! I want to check this setup out in person some time! How are you liking the glass holes overflow?

Drift Monkey

Stuff looks good man! I want to check this setup out in person some time! How are you liking the glass holes overflow?

It's great...quiet and does it's job. No complaints on it I can think of.

Deleted User 4

Frag discs are great(next best thing to rubble), frag plugs suck though.

I'll have to disagree on " Frag discs are great".

What kind of coral shows resemblance like a frag disc. :)

I've been doing this for a long time and discs are great and easier to place than plugs. Rubble is easiest to place but I just use a bit of epoxy on the disc bottom and it will stick anywhere, they make for a great flat base for SPS to encrust.

Anyway enough sidetracking, your tank is looking great :)

Archived