Innovative Marine Aquariums

Meepduino: 2.0 RELEASED!

MeepNand

Well, normal relays weld shut over time. I would say they are good for all uses.

If you don't want to use them, that's fine, just make sure to swap the normal electromechanical relays out every once in a while.

^^ I know what you mean by this haha ^^ I've had them weld shut on me before and it caused my ATO to pump my entire fresh water reservoir into my tank.

Are you using these pumps as an auto top off or are they just your general circulation pumps? I'm asking because I don't see any switches in the wiring diagram. I'm also curious about where I should put a fly back diode if I do use a SSR. And lastly, I'm currently having problems loading in 1.6 for some reason. I have a DS1302 and I get this error when I try to load it.
post-79903-0-56064000-1387578394_thumb.png
I have tried loading in the DS1307 file and it uploads fine but since I don't have a DS1307 my time function doesn't work. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or not.
Your help would be much appreciated Meep
  • Like 1

I actually don't use my controller. It's hooked up to my computer pretty much all the time.

You put a flyback diode in "backwards", so it is going from the output to the input.

Check the libraries folder. Do you have a DS1302 library there? If not, download it from here: http://henningkarlsen.com/electronics/library.php?id=5

I'll check the drive folder to make sure it's in there.

EDIT: Looks like it's in the libraries.zip folder. You might have just deleted it by accident or something.

Sorry to say this, but it's still not working for me... I have made sure that there is a DS1302 in the library and I can see it there when I click on sketch and import libraries, but it's still giving me the same error

• Like 1

i had the same problem....meep enabled the 1307 code and disable the 1302 somewhere in the program. so even if you have everything right, the code will still look for 1307

lemme go search for which line you need to modify, give me a sec

//Real Time Clock stuff, by Henning Karlson

//#include <DS1307.h>
#include <DS1302.h>

uint8_t gamer;
// Set the appropriate digital I/O pin connections for DS1302

uint8_t CE_PIN   = 21;
uint8_t IO_PIN   = 20;
uint8_t SCLK_PIN = 19;

//Create a DS1302/DS1307 object depending on what you have. Comment/uncomment the one you have/do not have.

DS1302 rtc(CE_PIN, IO_PIN, SCLK_PIN);
//SDA, SCL
#define SDA 20
#define SCL 21
//DS1307 rtc(SDA,SCL);

make sure all the DS1307 have 2 forward slash infront of it and the DS1302 dont

• Like 2

Hey guys, my unit seems to work great, but the time is messed up for some reason. I've tried uploading the code multiple times but my time keeps reading 27:85:85. Is there an easy fix for this?

It's running meepduino 2.0 btw.

• Like 1

When I plug in the controller, the screen brings up the main screen where it says "Meepduino Created by...." but then the screen goes blank and nothing else pops up. Sometimes it will flash the main screen again than stay blank.

Anyone have any ideas? I shortened the wires to the RTC cause I saw someone mention that earlier in the thread but that didnt change anything.

Thanks guys!

• Like 1

Wire length should not be much of a problem. For me, connection issues with my RTC are actually a big problem, but I though it was just me.
I'll update the readme.

Wow, can't believe I'm just now seeing this! Basically, I was looking to control two channels of LEDs using LDDs and a DC fan based on a temp probe (heatsink temp), but it looks like you've done most of the work.

I had a couple of questions:

• Is this code covered under an open source license like GPL?
  • Have you thought about putting the code on GitHub? I would love to collaborate in the near future when my schedule clears up and the ability to have forking/pull requests (not to mention issue tracking AND a wiki) would be great for a project like this.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Wow, can't believe I'm just now seeing this! Basically, I was looking to control two channels of LEDs using LDDs and a DC fan based on a temp probe (heatsink temp), but it looks like you've done most of the work.

I had a couple of questions:

• Is this code covered under an open source license like GPL?
  • Have you thought about putting the code on GitHub? I would love to collaborate in the near future when my schedule clears up and the ability to have forking/pull requests (not to mention issue tracking AND a wiki) would be great for a project like this.

Thanks!

There is a license at the beginning of the code, but I'm not sure it's the right one.

As for GitHub, I might put the code on there later. Don't have an account right now, but I'll get to it in a few hours.

There is a license at the beginning of the code, but I'm not sure it's the right one.

As for GitHub, I might put the code on there later. Don't have an account right now, but I'll get to it in a few hours.

Yea, it looks like you have GPL stated in the code, which would be correct for this purpose. I'm on GitHub as defenderTX, so if you ever get a chance to create a repo on there let me know! I figured the main advantages would be:

• Issue tracking outside of this thread
  • Wiki for documentation
  • Version control
  • The afformentioned forking/push request functionality

Sorry if I'm overstepping my bounds and taking over the thread, I'm just a big fan of GitHub!

• Like 1

I had a couple of questions to throw at ya. 1. Is there any links to these things on amazon where they are grouped together a bit? 2. What is everyone mounting there components in? A project box?

Going to order my stuff here real soon. Can't wait!

• Like 1
PicO Aquariums

If you guys find a suitable project box size that you think everything will fit in send me a link and I can mill out the openings to perfectly fit.

I have been following this thread since it started and I would love to help if I can.

• Like 1

I had a couple of questions to throw at ya. 1. Is there any links to these things on amazon where they are grouped together a bit? 2. What is everyone mounting there components in? A project box?

Going to order my stuff here real soon. Can't wait!

I just stuff it in a tupperware.Although it mostly just sits next to the computer.

If you guys find a suitable project box size that you think everything will fit in send me a link and I can mill out the openings to perfectly fit.

I have been following this thread since it started and I would love to help if I can.

Thank you! Would the box be available on your site?

PicO Aquariums

I can set up a PayPal link for it. I think that would work well with your listing at the top of the post.

Does anyone want to volunteer there kit for a short time for measurements and mock up?

• Like 1

Hoi Meep and other enthousiasts,

I'm from belgium ( so excuse me for my english)and following this threed for a while. I just ordered a lot of the parts. But what i was wondering about is, the pins for the pumps is it possible to run them for 10 seconds? Why i'm asking? I'm planning to use them for dosing pumps.

Greetings from belgium, Bart

• Like 1

Hoi Meep and other enthousiasts, I'm from belgium ( so excuse me for my english)and following this threed for a while. I just ordered a lot of the parts. But what i was wondering about is, the pins for the pumps is it possible to run them for 10 seconds? Why i'm asking? I'm planning to use them for dosing pumps. Greetings from belgium, Bart

For dosing, you can use the "Alarm" menu. It can run things such as dosing pumps for as short or as long as you want.

I just stuff it in a tupperware.Although it mostly just sits next to the computer.

Thank you! Would the box be available on your site?

What about my first question? : )

• Like 1

What about my first question? : )

You'll have to look it up. There are touchscreen kits on Amazon, but the clock is sold separately.

All the parts are common.

• 2 weeks later...