Top Shelf Aquatics

Tronic's Japanese ADA 60P (wet again)

Raturo

I finally picked an ATO as well, I went with the Tunze Osmolator 3155. I know it does not plug into the Apex but I figured I would give it a shot and seems like enough people have had good luck with them as well. I ordered it couple days ago and I'm just waiting on it to get here (I found out that Marine Depot only does USPS runs on Wednesday/Friday so I am hoping it went out today).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I have been doing some work on this tank recently. I am sort of disappointed because I feel like I got got lazy after a couple hours of routing wires. I need to revisit this before I add water. Maybe route the power cords then route the aqua bus cables on top. I got my ATO from Marine Depot so the only thing I am waiting on is my LED controller from Bluefish so my Nano-box can ship.IMG_2840_zpsff84933a.jpg

But I cannot believe the amount electronics on this tank!!!! I have no joke flown planes with WAY less than this!!! I am going to screw this up! I can already feel it.

IMG_2841_zpsf808d0fe.jpg

However, in the meantime I restarted my fresh water planted tank. I just got this thing wet today so it is super dirty.

IMG_2842_zps558dffe0.jpg

Go Tigers!

That's not too bad lol The amount of electronics running in my sump is insane !!! It will be fine your sump and tank look good :)

• 3 weeks later...

So after messing with the wires a little bit more I finally had enough and decided to put all the "Dead" rock and sand back in. Afterwords I figured I better leak check everything once again because I have been tweaking with it so much. I filled her up with RO/DI for a little bit and added salt gradually throughout the afternoon. The SG is sitting at 1.025 now and temp is right at 78.0 so let the recycle begin!!! AND HOLY COW, I must have not cleaned the overflow out as well as I thought, because the second water started flowing it began to stink...and bad. It almost reminds me of my very first goldfish tank that I may or may not have skipped a billion water changes as a kid.

I hooked up the APEX again as well, and started messing with APEX Fusion. It seems pretty neat. However, I cannot push updates to APEX's server and when I move a slider from off to on, it shows that it turned it on however the outlet itself is never turned on. But when I do the same thing on the Dashboard it works with no issues. Also I can make updates on the Dashboard and they will be reflected in Fusion. It is almost like Fusion is in some sort of read-only mode with my APEX. Anyone else have that issue as well? Anyhow I was able to remember just enough to set up my return pump and heater so I can get this cycle going.

Very interested in this build. I grew up in Yokota, but wasn't into reefing then. Very curious to see what you come up with.

So I have been doing some work on this tank recently. I am sort of disappointed because I feel like I got got lazy after a couple hours of routing wires. I need to revisit this before I add water. Maybe route the power cords then route the aqua bus cables on top. I got my ATO from Marine Depot so the only thing I am waiting on is my LED controller from Bluefish so my Nano-box can ship.IMG_2840_zpsff84933a.jpg

But I cannot believe the amount electronics on this tank!!!! I have no joke flown planes with WAY less than this!!! I am going to screw this up! I can already feel it.

Holy crap!! That is way too much....lol.

Very interested in this build. I grew up in Yokota, but wasn't into reefing then. Very curious to see what you come up with.

Yeah it presents a different set of challenges than what I am used to. But I am slowly finding more and more places to get what I need.

Holy crap!! That is way too much....lol.

Or not enough.... :)

Well I got slightly distracted while I was cycling the tank I ended up with this. She might be competing for my coral money, but for the mean time she sucked up most of my coral fund. Good thing I am letting my tank cycle for a bit!!!!

55chevy14view_zps35973a41.jpg

55Chevy34view_zps78e7e288.jpg

Worst part is I am still in Japan (which is okay by me) but she is in SoCal!!!! :(

Lol how you going to bring that over to Japan? lol

Naw, eventually I will end up back in the states. My brother is already watching over one of my cars, this will just make two. Lol.

Why you in Japan for?

I am stationed out here. I dig it here. However, I cannot seem to find the same level of LFS as SoCal though.

• 4 weeks later...

So I got the tunze ATO on there working like a champ then I get home one morning and the high water level alarm is going off. I remove the extra water and inspected the system. Nothing looked out of place so I let it be. A couple hours later the water lever is back but I have not heard the pump run once during this time. It appears the the fill line has started a slowly siphon that remains active even with the pump is off. The pump is on the bottom of the ato reservoir and I have the fill line routed all the way up my return line and empties about 4-6 above the pickup height in the reservior. This had worked for weeks at breaking the siphon but now it just keeps going. Does anyone have any experiences with this? Or how to fix it? Thanks.

I see. So you're in the military? Nice, you be making bank! Cha ching! lol

It's a different way to make bank, Deployments. Depending on where you go and your combat zone entitlements. They are not huge chunks of money but you are not at home, so you really can't spent it real time (some figure out how to). But you're not running to the 7/11 for a six pack so that saves like 10 bucks here and there. Then you don't have to drive your OWN car back home during the deployment so that is a lot of cash that adds up quickly when you're gone for 6+ months.

• 1 month later...

Question for the masses, I have noticed that both my saltwater and fresh water tanks have cloudy water, even after months of no live stock. I have changed the water a number of times and it is still a slight milky color after a day. I did not use any starter bacterias on either tank so perhaps it a bloom of sorts but I feel like it is lasting far too long. I am using RO/DI water from my BRS 5 stage and I have changed everything minus the RO membrane with in the last year and the TDS meter reads 0 on the way out. I am at a loss and I am not sure if replacing the RO membrane will help or not, the TDS into the resin does not read super high (less than 5) so I do not feel like it is from that. Maybe a long down time caused something to grow in the other parts of the filer??? Thoughts?

Raturo, we have been going through the same problem with my parents freshwater tank for about 6 months. Absolutely nothing worked. We took the lights down to 5 hours. We fed every other day, and in decreasing amounts. I did tons of water changes for them. We added neutral regulators and tons of different chemicals... literally anything the LFS's would give us. At one point my dad turned the heater down and the tank cleared up... Then it got cloudy and green again about a week later and stayed that way for 2 more months.

In researching, I saw a video of a guy using Seachem Clarity. I think it was this one:

So I went to the store and grabbed some. We put it in the tank and went out to eat, came back home and the tank was about 90% clear! We were literally amazed! Then my father added another dose two days later and when he came home from work it was 100% clear. It had not been this way since the day they brought the water home from the LFS.

This was a long story... but I'm just saying if you want to try out a product... I would definitely recommend Clarity. We were about to completely start over with their tank. In fact I had brought one I wasn't using to put the fish in while their "new" tank cycled. That same trip to the LFS we bought extra jugs of water, new rock for the bottom, new filters... and at the last second I remembered that video and decided I would try this first.

Here's the disclaimer... It's only been one week but the tank still looks beautiful. It has never gone this amount of time looking this clear. I don't know if Clarity solved the problem or just masked it and it will be back in another week... but when the tank had slightly cleared from a 50% water change it would get back to being cloudy and green within 2 days and so far we are going on 7 without any problems or even slightly cloudiness. So this might be something you look into.

Raturo, we have been going through the same problem with my parents freshwater tank for about 6 months. Absolutely nothing worked. We took the lights down to 5 hours. We fed every other day, and in decreasing amounts. I did tons of water changes for them. We added neutral regulators and tons of different chemicals... literally anything the LFS's would give us. At one point my dad turned the heater down and the tank cleared up... Then it got cloudy and green again about a week later and stayed that way for 2 more months.

In researching, I saw a video of a guy using Seachem Clarity. I think it was this one:

So I went to the store and grabbed some. We put it in the tank and went out to eat, came back home and the tank was about 90% clear! We were literally amazed! Then my father added another dose two days later and when he came home from work it was 100% clear. It had not been this way since the day they brought the water home from the LFS.

This was a long story... but I'm just saying if you want to try out a product... I would definitely recommend Clarity. We were about to completely start over with their tank. In fact I had brought one I wasn't using to put the fish in while their "new" tank cycled. That same trip to the LFS we bought extra jugs of water, new rock for the bottom, new filters... and at the last second I remembered that video and decided I would try this first.

Here's the disclaimer... It's only been one week but the tank still looks beautiful. It has never gone this amount of time looking this clear. I don't know if Clarity solved the problem or just masked it and it will be back in another week... but when the tank had slightly cleared from a 50% water change it would get back to being cloudy and green within 2 days and so far we are going on 7 without any problems or even slightly cloudiness. So this might be something you look into.

Wow, that is awesome. I will have to give that a try when I get back. What still stumps me is that both of these tanks are restarts and I did not have this issue before. But that cloudiness looks the same as the video so it worth a shot. If you have any updates I would love to hear them.

• 3 months later...

I finally got livestock back in this tank. I got it wet again back in May 2014 and I just added livestock back into this week. Additionally, I finally got my nano-box Duo about a month ago and it has much better coverage than the AI nano on this tank. Overall I am pretty happy just having a hard time finding good frags in Japan.

Sweet, love this tank. Be sure to post photos when you can :)

My one regret when I visited Japan is I didm;t leave any time to check out the fish stores there. I'd love to see some photos of that too *hint hint* :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any ID on this guy? I got it for free at the LFS, I originally thought it was an SPS frag but the polyps are bigger than normal and they transition from purple to neon green at the tips. I do not know why but this thing screams stingy to me. I just wanted to see if anyone knows if I should be worried or not and sorry for the crappy iPhone pic now.

15682654727_23805c82a3_h.jpgIMG_4540on Flickr

Sweet, love this tank. Be sure to post photos when you can :)

My one regret when I visited Japan is I didm;t leave any time to check out the fish stores there. I'd love to see some photos of that too *hint hint* :lol:

Not the greatest but because you asked

15868428635_cb56fa48fc_h.jpgIMG_4142 by , on Flickr

Display Pico

15681091580_7285af1f43_h.jpgIMG_4143 by /url], on Flickr

15867803162_da95c3ed59_h.jpgIMG_4165 by

15842612206_8314eb2628_h.jpgIMG_4167 by

15682430879_b6ebc3fbbc_h.jpgIMG_4170 by

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pTPNKg]15682674477_11f25527d0_h.jpg[url=https://flic.kr/p/pTPNKg]IMG_4171 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/people/125206151@N07/]

ZEOVIT frags!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/peu3Mi]15248792603_2653668a9c_h.jpg[url=https://flic.kr/p/peu3Mi]IMG_4173 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/people/125206151@N07/]

Archived