Top Shelf Aquatics

BATMANS CLAM CAVE

ZephNYC

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zeph, sweet tank! I know you're all about the clams, but I'm loving those goniopora :happy:

drooling-emoticon.gif

Wow! Talk about a resurrection ! My gonioporas are getting soooo huge I'm thinking about fragging a few of them. Pics soon!

this thread needs to come back to life.. i miss the good times

How nice! Thank you!! I'm taking a hiatus because certain children pissed me off enough with constant negativity and actually rediculed me for the clams I have lost, while they are busy posting pictures of what they had for dinner, and what they are drinking tonight. But I won't let a bad apple ruin my fun, as I have benn working very hard on a future tank of the month. thank you for hanging in there!

How nice! Thank you!! I'm taking a hiatus because certain children pissed me off enough with constant negativity and actually rediculed me for the clams I have lost, while they are busy posting pictures of what they had for dinner, and what they are drinking tonight. But I won't let a bad apple ruin my fun, as I have benn working very hard on a future tank of the month. thank you for hanging in there!

tell him to suck it...

250px-Geoduck_%281%29.jpg

Wow! Talk about a resurrection ! My gonioporas are getting soooo huge I'm thinking about fragging a few of them. Pics soon!

Do you have any up close shots of them? I looked through a few of the threads pages, but the thread is so big I couldn't find anything lol

they just jealous. anyone that knows anything about anything here knows how good you are with clams especially. i would not even go to anyone else if i had a question about them

Y'all should see the smile on my face!!!! Be careful what you ask for as you may just get it!!! I have tons of newStuff!!! And have been doing some crazy clam experiments. i have discoverd clams respond amazingly well when you inject carbon dioxide into their house. you just have to have a high quality ph monitor/ controller and use Kalk to keep it from dropping to much. everyone knows CO2 injecting works wonders with plants, well clams are not far behind!pdate soon!!!

they just jealous. anyone that knows anything about anything here knows how good you are with clams especially. i would not even go to anyone else if i had a question about them
Thank you!!!! I know I have lost many clams, but we learn so much more from our failures.

Do you have any up close shots of them? I looked through a few of the threads pages, but the thread is so big I couldn't find anything lol

Boy do I!!!! Ill show them very soon!!!!!

Y'all should see the smile on my face!!!! Be careful what you ask for as you may just get it!!! I have tons of new Stuff!!! And have been doing some crazy clam experiments. i have discoverd clams respond amazingly well when you inject carbon dioxide into their house. you just have to have a high quality ph monitor/ controller and use Kalk to keep it from dropping to much. everyone knows CO2 injecting works wonders with plants, well clams are not far behind! pdate soon!!!

Thank you!!!! I know I have lost many clams, but we learn so much more from our failures.

you never can stop learning, not one person has mastered anything in this hobby.

i remember a year ago i was some noob hanging out on your thread and kats learning so much. so if i learned a lot then you must know a lot already ;)

• 2 weeks later...
lilmatty5dimes

Awesome tank. I had your same curse. I went clam crazy after seeing a few small ora ones at the lfs. Needless to say I bought one and came back for 2 more next eeekend.

So last night about 11:30 pm my girlfriend was driving me home along Queens BLVD and we ran into a little traffic congestion. As we approached we noticed people standing outside of their cars and were like " great, this means a complete stand still " As we got even closer Angela screams OMG theres a dead body in the street !!! " Holy cr#p there was not only a dead body laying in the middle of the blvd, but it had no head. Just a pancake of blood and brains. This just happened within minutes, as there were not even any cops on the scene yet.

Every day is a gift my friends, don't take it for granted.

Cameron6796

Omfg night mares now... How does that even happen, murder, hit and run (with a souvenir stuck to your car) whattttttttttt does this even mean... Like a messed up episode of csi

• 2 months later...

Is there a Batmans Clam Cave website ?

No not really. I pretty much only post on the Official Clam Registry Thread. I cant keep up with to many threads.

lilmatty5dimes

No not really. I pretty much only post on the Official Clam Registry Thread. I cant keep up with to many threads.

Do you have quick link?

Cameron6796

Uhm.... Just an FYI this isn't a for sale thread also this is a documentation of his clam success/ tanks it's his personel thread. If your looking for good clams try pacific east aquaculture

Yesterday,

they seemed to have many,....great looking clams, pretty small but very nice !

True, I don't sell clams at this time. I have in the past, and if I ever have success breading them I will again, but that wont be any time soon. Your comment on the size of PEA's clams is dead on. Also not this latest batch they have currently posted are NOT from his normal farm in French Polynesia, but these are from Tahiti. Funny that look EXACTLY the same. Quite suspect if you want my opinion.

Do you have quick link?

I am having a problem posting links and pictures, but you can find it in the clam discussion forum. Its called "The official tridacnid clam registry thread".

• 1 month later...

Zeph, what's the latest opinion on feeding phyto? Just bought 2 small Maxima's and a small Crocea and want to ensure their survival.

If I should be feeding, is there a best food?

How is your living room clam haven tank doing? :)

Zeph, what's the latest opinion on feeding phyto? Just bought 2 small Maxima's and a small Crocea and want to ensure their survival.

If I should be feeding, is there a best food?

How is your living room clam haven tank doing? :)

Hello, talk about a resurrection! I have not heard from this thread in some time, as I usually respond on the Official Tridacnid Clam Thread, but I may just pick up on this one.

Feeding clams is my very favorite subject, but I'll try to keep it short. The very best clam food is fish poop and a heavily stocked tank. Fish and corals give off the good stuff that clams require to live and grow. Feeding clams commercial products like phyto and filter feeding foods can help a teeny tiny bit, but trust me, not much more than that. In fact I am a huge believer that your clams benefit more from the un eaten food that lodges and decomposes in your crevices and sand bed, than it does from the minute amount it actually consumed from the water column.

Me personally, I feed heavy but smart. I turn off all my skimmers and media reactors for several hours, and usually only run media like carbon and phosguard at night when the lights are off. I feed once daily, and as many different high quality products as I can. Here are my favorites.

Kent chromoplex

BSD Cryogenic frozen Tahitian blend phyto

Kent micro vert

And something new I just tried and really like is Docs Eco Egg brew, because it is very heavy in fatty acids. I really think fatty acids is the missing element in many tanks and leads to premature clam deaths. Selcon is very good too. But know theses are heavy foods, and the reason many clam keepers don't feed at all is the extra pollution these foods cause. So here is where you have to uses your own judgement.

My tanks, even the upstairs clam haven, are all doing so much better than ever, and I credit that to coral feedings and less( yes I said less!) water changes. The clam haven got off to a bad start because I put to many clams in a new tank, but it's about 8 months now and I am very pleased. So pleased you have encouraged me to do an update! Thanks!

Archived