Coral Vue Hydros

7 Gallons, Cadlight Zen(Invert Reality, coming soon 12/27/2013))

MGDMIRAGE

Winning!

Halfway through the exacto knife almost tried to attack my wrists.

IMG_00751280x568_zpsae1b512d.jpg

IMG_00761280x853_zps039b57ed.jpg

I got much better at it after the first two teeth which you can see are covered in super glue :(

Waiting for some residual insanity to subside so I can start on the top section :wacko:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer a pencil shaped exacto blade over those box cutter types for that reason. YIKES! Cuts look really good so far

Ah nah that was just my sick sense of humor saying I almost cut myself cause I was going insane lol.

And finally we have success!

IMG_00791280x424_zps943ea0a5.jpg

IMG_00781280x853_zpsa586b860.jpg

I may do light sanding and hit it with some Krylon Fusion to make it more purdy!

YES! both are awesome but man I love the Yasha pair at bottom :) Never seen that pistol at the top, pretty cool looking.

he's more yellow in that picture than in my tank.

Here is mine

IMG_20120928_151746.jpg

super cute kid

Thanks, he is a sweet little guy too loves to be held. It was a nice change having a boy, I have two girls 3 year old and 8 year old, they are both little monsters lol.

Both are adorable and fun, well until they get to 2+ then they are little cute nightmares.

The wife is preggors, and we don't know what it is yet, the thought of a little girl terrifies me, :lol:

Well after all the crazy crap I went through with making the overflow teeth I've decided to wait for my reef club president to just make me some teeth via 3d printer. Meanwhile I have gotten some stuff done. The plumbing is finished.

• 3 weeks later...
Drift Monkey

Any pictures of the 3D printed teeth?

I'm really liking the cost/quality ratio of these Zens. Do they come with a glass top?

• 2 weeks later...

Any pictures of the 3D printed teeth?

I'm really liking the cost/quality ratio of these Zens. Do they come with a glass top?

The teeth are great but I ended up using my own eggcrate creation. Yes they come with a glass top however mine didn't have the plastic clips so the top was kinda worthless :(

how did you cut out the glass for the overflow?

Dremel and diamond coated cutting wheel ez lock.

This tank now features a fake sand bed as I have decided to cannibalize my 2 gallon spec into this tank and make it a full blown sps micro reef. My MP10 will be going on this tank too.

http://s717.photobucket.com/user/mgdmirage/media/IMG_00931280x853_zpsd0ea81e0.jpg.html'>IMG_00931280x853_zpsd0ea81e0.jpg

Sand bed is solid with fiberglass resin and looks 100x better in person :(

Subscribed partially for this amazing tank...but mostly because of your little boy. ;) What a cutie pahtooty!

He is a sweetheart and I love him with all my heart. We have two girls and were worried about having a boy but he has changed our minds and now we want some more little boys. He is so curious and gets into everything but is also a little love and wants constant hugs and kisses.

fretfreak13

Question about the false sandbed? What happens when you get diatoms and stuff? If I get them on my tank I just blow the sand because I don't like the look of them.

I've thought about doing this myself, but I can't handle diatoms.

Question about the false sandbed? What happens when you get diatoms and stuff? If I get them on my tank I just blow the sand because I don't like the look of them.

I've thought about doing this myself, but I can't handle diatoms.

I will probably do the same thing, blow them off with turkey baster and use turbo and other grazing snails. I plan on being light on the fish in this tank, maybe a tailspot blennie and a gobie, but mostly inverts for the movement. I might include 1 damsel cause they are amazing and underrated. The sump is a 10 gallon 15"x15"x10" tank with no baffles but i'm working on something so the overflow doesn't make so many micro bubbles.

fretfreak13

can they just blow off the solid sand? I was kind of under the impression they would get all over the grains and would be hard to remove. Unless you put so much resin that there was a clear, solid top, like having glass over sand? then you could just take a razor blade to that and treat it like a full barebottom. lol

can they just blow off the solid sand? I was kind of under the impression they would get all over the grains and would be hard to remove. Unless you put so much resin that there was a clear, solid top, like having glass over sand? then you could just take a razor blade to that and treat it like a full barebottom. lol

I'll have to let you know lol This is new to me, but I just want to be able to crank up the mp10 and not dig holes in the sand.

Archived