ReefCleaners.org

The Arachnophoto Thread

Lalani

I'm hoping you're wrong about mine. :P

Gorgeous shot of the GBB. Show us more!

Me too. Though having a male is not so bad.

Last set for today.

Ephebopus cyanognathus aka Blue Fang Skeleton Tarantulas

6yvv.jpg

In threat posture, unlike other tarantula species, this one flings urticating hairs from its chelicerae (front appendages).

1y89.jpg

9ldo.jpg

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa. What's up with the last shot? Is that just a wicked molt or did a little alien abandon ship?

:lol: .. it's a molt.

xmv1j6.jpg

-Looks like the photos are being compressed, they look soft compared to the original. I thought it was my hosting site, now I believe it is nano-reef.

jedimasterben

A daddy long legs walked over my hand the other day and I flipped shit. Then I found a dozen black widows living on the window in my kitchen and was like WHY GOD WHYYYYYY

Didja know some of the crazy collectors actually breed black widows?

Like... wtf?

What? I'm not crazy. Nah, I never got to that level of craziness.

Jumping spiders are awesome to photograph. It just takes a lot of patience, these little buggers are super active and curious.

wfx6.jpg

xbes.jpg

Thanks!

Canon 40D/60mm macro, off camera lighting and diffuser.

Pokie playing dead

vzwj.jpg

ek0t.jpg

OBT(Pterinochilus murinus), feisty fellow.

ozxp.jpg

And they said I was brave for trying to get that big house spider to crawl on my hand. And you have a pokie on your palm. That's one part I agree with Ben's "nope nope nope." Ditto with the OBT (orange bitey thing), too. :lol:

Asu is a definitely a crazy collector. :lol:

How many Ts do you have?? Or are some of these old?

It's been like 8yrs since I kept any. Well, I do have one. She's a chilean rose hair (Grammostola rosea), I had her since I was 14yrs old. So, she's been with me for about 13yrs, her age is unknown as she was pretty much an adult when I got her.

Here she is chowing down on some crickets.

hy89.jpg

A daddy long legs walked over my hand the other day and I flipped shit. Then I found a dozen black widows living on the window in my kitchen and was like WHY GOD WHYYYYYY

Now THIS indeed is a nope nope nope. Rumor around here is someone just imported black widows. Imagine if some escaped. I think they were slings, too, so the chances of escape are even higher.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived