Pod Your Reef

The Arachnophoto Thread

Lalani

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Holy shit, I was literally showing one of those to my sister earlier today. Someone started talking as soon as I pointed it out, and she put her hand on the same leaf it was on, and I was like WTF are you doing, I was trying to show you the friggin spider that you were just trying to pet! :lol:

I would have burned down my house, it could have it.

I've also seen them in the garage a coupe of times. Some even have egg sacs with them. They're pretty timid actually. Wave your hand and they run off. Though I do think a bite from one would hurt like heck. Not sure about the venom level.

Holy god!!! How big is it?? What kind? I would probably run for the hills! Did anyone ever see the vid of someone i believe in australia that had a HUGE spider on the wall, they were wearing a helment and caught it in something when it jumped at them??

It's pretty big, I'd say around 6 inches or more diagonal leg span (give or take). I actually tried to get it to crawl on my hand (very carefully) but it was really too skittish.

Holy shit, I was literally showing one of those to my sister earlier today. Someone started talking as soon as I pointed it out, and she put her hand on the same leaf it was on, and I was like WTF are you doing, I was trying to show you the friggin spider that you were just trying to pet! :lol:

Haha, did she jump back real fast? The larger ones are pretty scary looking, its those spikey legs!

It's pretty big, I'd say around 6 inches or more diagonal leg span (give or take). I actually tried to get it to crawl on my hand (very carefully) but it was really too skittish.

You were going to try an hold that spider? You're braver than I am!

• 2 weeks later...

I had a few up until I got married:

Progression pics of my Versicolor:

juvenile_tarantula_by_eksong-d3ddoyj.jpg

avicularia_versicolor_3_by_eksong-d3euw7

avicularia_versicolor_tarantul_by_eksong

Avicularia_Versicolor_3_by_eksong.jpg

Avicularia_Versicolor_2_by_eksong.jpg

Grammostola_Rosea_by_eksong.jpg

Psalmopoeus_Cambridgei_juvie_by_eksong.j

Acanthoscurria_Geniculata_juve_by_eksong

Grammostola_Aureostrata_by_eksong.jpg

This one was a molt pic:

Grammostola_Aureostrata_Moltin_by_eksong

Some other bugs I had:

Scolopendra_Subspinipes_by_eksong.jpg

Pandinus_Imperator_by_eksong.jpg

I fed these to my animals:

76066458-fc9c-4eaa-b878-cefd3058ba19.jpg

Awesome Ts and the pics are fantastic!

Spouse didn't like spiders? :(

No my wife actually doesn't mind (you can see her hand with the ring in one of the photos), but I also have snakes, geckos, fish tank, dog, and cat. We have a baby coming along so I had to get rid of something!

Ah, just took a look at your photo threads, looks like you guys have your hands full with critters!

Fantastic photos. :)

• 2 weeks later...
buddythelion

I absolutely love this thread! My friend is really into Ts and has gotten me less scared of them. It's crazy to think how colorful spiders can be and that we actually breed them. I might try one some day. I love his P metallica. She's so gorgeous. :wub:

Hehe @ jmb

I absolutely love this thread! My friend is really into Ts and has gotten me less scared of them. It's crazy to think how colorful spiders can be and that we actually breed them. I might try one some day. I love his P metallica. She's so gorgeous. :wub:

Omigosh, P. metallicas are soooo pretty. I want one!

I have adopted a Spiny Orb Weaver (Gasteracantha cancriformis) and it currently resides in my vivarium. I'll snap some pics of it even though it usually hangs out upside down.

gulfsurfer101

That brown phillipine spider looks similar to the ones I find here in my garage. If you look underneath I'm willing to bet it h as a red hour glass on it's abdomen similar to the black widow. If so it's a brown widow, venomous but not as much, and much more timid than the black widow. The crazy disco ball eggsacs are a sure sign of them.

Archived