Pod Your Reef

FOR SALE Joel's IM Nuvo 30 Now RAZOR Nano powered!

joel sandoman

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
joel sandoman

That white koralia....catches my eyes all the time.

You would prefer it black? To me it blends in more.

This looks very promising. I love it :lol:

Thanks!

Nice mushroom and acan!

Thanks! I am loving the photobucket edit tool. Makes up for my camera.

Ugh, just got a Fluval Edge and want this already.

Dude I went from a Fluval edge 12 gal to the Nuvo 16... best decision of my life ok... well... one of em ;) but seriously if you want to keep coral I would suggest somthing w/o a glass top and tiny hole lol

CarterNichols

Dude I went from a Fluval edge 12 gal to the Nuvo 16... best decision of my life ok... well... one of em ;) but seriously if you want to keep coral I would suggest somthing w/o a glass top and tiny hole lol

I got a PicO S III

joel sandoman

Love your scape.

Thanks! Got tired of "piles of rock"

Nice towers for the coral to grow on. How do you like the IM 30g?

I love it so far! Got a new light coming soon!

joel sandoman

Got my Razor Nano today! Had a piece of junk t5 on my corals for about a week, so my corals are going to be happy to get some real light. Will take some better pics tomorrow.

http://s162.photobucket.com/user/joelsandoman/media/20130604_212347_HDR_zps6e13028c.jpg.html'>20130604_212347_HDR_zps6e13028c.jpg

http://s162.photobucket.com/user/joelsandoman/media/20130604_212319_HDR_zpsc3d02343.jpg.html'>20130604_212319_HDR_zpsc3d02343.jpg

My main problem is the directions. They are terrible. Plus it seems the directions are for the larger light, but maybe the controller is the same. Either way, going to have to find some directions online. Have it set for preset two for the time being.

albertthiel

20130401_201945_zps7e50e0ac.jpg

New scape after adding the jawfish house, not really changed much. Also now with 100% more coral and two spot candy hogfish.

Interesting scape for sure ... did you have to chip up those rocks to get them to look long and thin or were you able to find them that way ? Or did you just glue smaller pieces together which is what I think it looks like ?

joel sandoman

Interesting scape for sure ... did you have to chip up those rocks to get them to look long and thin or were you able to find them that way ? Or did you just glue smaller pieces together which is what I think it looks like ?

I used some epoxy and fiberglass rods to puts them all together.

albertthiel

I used some epoxy and fiberglass rods to puts them all together.

Nice and the best way to do it to get them to remain in place indeed

Well if you use that bracket the only way is to use shorter screws. I plan on hanging it.

You could also place the nuts on the top side of the light to hug the light as close to the bracket as possible.

joel sandoman

You could also place the nuts on the top side of the light to hug the light as close to the bracket as possible.

That light is gone now, but I did end up doing just that until I hung it.

Just checked in here........looking mighty fine! Love the scape!

Thanks Spiro!

Love the set up Joel. I have a similar setup with the AI Nano. Why'd you get rid of yours? How do you like the Razor so far? Consider it an upgrade? Do you like the controller? Keep up the awesome updates.

joel sandoman

I wanted something that was closer to full spectrum. As a bonus the razor is a higher wattage. I actually like the look of it better. I already feel I am seeing better coloration in a couple of my corals. The controller is ok, but the fact it is built in makes it better. The AI without it's external controller would be useless.

Love the set up Joel. I have a similar setup with the AI Nano. Why'd you get rid of yours? How do you like the Razor so far? Consider it an upgrade? Do you like the controller? Keep up the awesome updates.

Archived