Coral Vue Hydros

FOR SALE Joel's IM Nuvo 30 Now RAZOR Nano powered!

joel sandoman

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully you can keep that darth maul from melting on you. I have tried multiple frags in my past tank and they melted everytime. They are my favorite play so I might try them again.

joel sandoman

I got them from sfdanksta a local guy on here. He had a very large colony and said they were very hardy for him so I am crossing my fingers.

joel sandoman

krylon fusion is reef safe?

Yes it is. It is what most people use for their backgrounds from what I have read on here..

joel sandoman

Finally hung the light today. Hardest part was finding a #10-32 eye bolt, but I finally found one almost by accident at a specialty auto part store. This brought the light forward about two inches so that it hangs in the center of the tank Also got a new fuge light. I hung it from the wall because the clamp is not water proof and you can see the wires. Either way for $30 I am happy. IT is an LED screw in lamp that was included.

20130416_194712_HDR_zpsa32aa7e2.jpg

20130416_194728_zps26756d6e.jpg

Looks good. I really like how you painted that power head! Now I would patent it so if anyone comes out with one they have to pay you, lol

well that looks spiffy. love the koralia white, too. mine needs a cleaning and has some purple spots on it lol.

joel sandoman

well that looks spiffy. love the koralia white, too. mine needs a cleaning and has some purple spots on it lol.

THanks. I have a bunch of diatoms right now and they are growing on the koralia now so I may have to spot clean it.

Can you just puff them off with a turkey baster or something? shouldn't they just go away on their own, though?

joel sandoman

Can you just puff them off with a turkey baster or something? shouldn't they just go away on their own, though?

I have heard they will go away, but if they don;t the turkey baster isn't a bad idea.

I have heard they will go away, but if they don;t the turkey baster isn't a bad idea.

well I heard the turkey baster method was good for getting sand and detritus off of rocks and corals...so I figured it'd work just fine for equipment too! I still need to get one myself.

joel sandoman

http://s162.photobucket.com/user/joelsandoman/media/20130422_184942_zpsc9c9695d.mp4.html

Got a new pearly jawfish today. I had built him a pvc burrow in plans for his arrival and within minutes of going into the burrow he was blocking off the entrances. The funny thing is he was collecting a bunch of my cerith snails and trying to form a wall with them. I videoed it but my son is screaming in the background so I need to edit it. Here is the vid I took right after I put him in.

Can you embed a photobucket vid?

• 2 weeks later...
joel sandoman

New fts please !

Haha As soon as I get rid of this nasty red slim algae in the front of my tank. I need more flow up front I think.

Archived