SaltCritters.com

Hexadron's Nitoralis [Retired]

Hexadron

Yowzah?!?!?! The scale and proportion of your scape is perfecto! Cannot wait for this to get agua! Keep up the great work!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had one when I first started the hobby, it was gorgeous although the price tag reflected that. I have my MP10 on 40% reef crest and it's perfect. I'm waiting on my shield from Chris so I can move the pump up a tad.

I just googles some images, and wow, that is sure a looker! When the time comes, I'm gonna test my select 2 LFS, to see how good they are at special ordering :lol:

Lol, I had mine set on 60% reefcrest and came down the next morning to find my sand bed completely rearranged with the bottom of the tank exposed in a few spots. I've since put it back to 50 which seems to be the sweet spot.

So between 40 and 50 seem to be the going rate these days :P I'm going to have to play around.

You can imagine how bad it could get with only 9" of height lol

With sand in my tank the water heigh is about 8.5", and this was known in my design phase, so before I even ordered the tank with Chris, I ordered the Shield when he had his deal.

Wow, this is looking great! It needs some water, though. ;)

It's-a-comin'!

Yowzah?!?!?! The scale and proportion of your scape is perfecto! Cannot wait for this to get agua! Keep up the great work!

Thanks :) Funny thing is, when I was doing the scape, it was simply on a piece of paper cut to the tank's dimensions. I didn't even take heigh into consideration until I was about half done, and was like "Oh shit!" Luckily it worked out :P That's one of the things when you get into designing and having fun, sometimes logic goes out the window!

Scape in the tank is even better! Now put some water in that BEEOTCH!

Point taken. I'm on it! :D

Alright, here are some pics as requested. Although it doesn't look it - the water was still a bit cloudy, and the blue's (B Channel) hid it a bit better :happy: Sorry if it is a bit hard to make out from the deep blue color. Had my own sand storm happening as I was playing with the different settings on the MP10 :P

2valcn6.jpg

nq7pt2.jpg

2iqbl3s.jpg

334hnpf.jpg

vnl0me.jpg

Das ist Wunderbar!!!! Enjoy the wait while she cycles! I kind of look at it as "forced delayed gratification"! Nice camera skills btw!

Alrighty, here's the Aquascape in the tank! This gives you a better idea of the scale and look. I know there were a few comments about the back looking like it should be the front, and i have tried it both ways just to see, but this one takes the cake. ;)

34e9fsm.jpg

Great formation! It looks really natural and that it could be a single piece of rock.

O yeah! Looks better in every post!

Thanks!

Great setup

Thanks, hopefully it can be anything like yours, I love your build. I actually first saw it on Macrumors :ninja:

Das ist Wunderbar!!!! Enjoy the wait while she cycles! I kind of look at it as "forced delayed gratification"! Nice camera skills btw!

Thank you. Enjoy the wait?! It's killing me!

Great formation! It looks really natural and that it could be a single piece of rock.

I lost count on how many pieces of rock I used, but it has to be somewhere about 15! Glad you like it :)

Thanks, hopefully it can be anything like yours, I love your build. I actually first saw it on Macrumors :ninja:

)

Haha crazy. What kinda apple setup are you running?

Alrighty, here's the Aquascape in the tank! This gives you a better idea of the scale and look. I know there were a few comments about the back looking like it should be the front, and i have tried it both ways just to see, but this one takes the cake. ;)

34e9fsm.jpg

:wub:

Haha crazy. What kinda apple setup are you running?

Nothing too crazy. Right now an iMac as my main machine, Macbook Air as backup, iPad to surf the net on my couch, and iPhone to make calls! :P I switched literally everything in my home to Apple back in 2010 and it's been smooth sailing ever since. AppleTV and Time Capsule serve me well, hah! Luckily I get a discount at my work for anything Apple, so I saved quite a bit.

This tank is awesome! Cant wait to see more!

I can't wait either! It's cycling now, and just a heads up for everyone is going to take FOREVER <_<

Yea. Its ####in gnarly dude. Lol im surprised.

LOL, Thanks for the enthusiasm! No disasters ... yet. :blink:

:wub:

Thanks Kat! :wub:

Nothing too crazy. Right now an iMac as my main machine, Macbook Air as backup, iPad to surf the net on my couch, and iPhone to make calls! :P

Sounds like a fanboy to me. ;)

Sounds like a fanboy to me. ;)

I'm a sucker for a well designed anything really; and that's exactly what I got when I bought my Apple products. That and I was honestly sick of my network always being down (due to crappy Vista and incompatibility with my router) and errors with drivers etc... Not hating on Windows, as I do dual boot Windows 7 on my iMac and Windows is a lot more solid now than it used to be, but Apple products and OSX/iOS "Just Work" and even though I am technically inclined to edit reg files and do all that other Windows stuff, I am just happy I can use my valuble time elsewhere.

I don't want this thread to be turned into a war of the fanboys, but I have my reasons for switching. ;)

I too am also a sucker for well designed products lol. If I could take the past 2 months back and get a custom tank I would have...lol the seams in my deep blue have bubbles and is no where close to the perfection that chris at coast to coast put into my 160 cube. But if you take into account the rest of my build aside from the ato resovoir lol they are all well designed products which is why this hobby costs so damn much because I buy quality stuff haha.

And what I ment by surprised was because the scape is simply gorgeous. It is well executed and left very open around it leaving the aquarium looking like a glass box of the ocean vs a cramped fruit stand. Again it reminds me of how I left plenty of room surrounding my scape. All in all, I like you haha. You are very particular like me it seems. Good things happen when people are picky. Like ending up with a hot awesome wife...or a incredibly awesome tank or just awesome shit in general.

As an OCD Engineer myself your thread makes me very happy. Glad to see you spent a lot of time researching before diving right in and I'm sure you'll have great success after the initial waiting game. Tagging along to see the progress :)

I too am also a sucker for well designed products lol. If I could take the past 2 months back and get a custom tank I would have...lol the seams in my deep blue have bubbles and is no where close to the perfection that chris at coast to coast put into my 160 cube. But if you take into account the rest of my build aside from the ato resovoir lol they are all well designed products which is why this hobby costs so damn much because I buy quality stuff haha.

And what I ment by surprised was because the scape is simply gorgeous. It is well executed and left very open around it leaving the aquarium looking like a glass box of the ocean vs a cramped fruit stand. Again it reminds me of how I left plenty of room surrounding my scape. All in all, I like you haha. You are very particular like me it seems. Good things happen when people are picky. Like ending up with a hot awesome wife...or a incredibly awesome tank or just awesome shit in general.

LMAO. It does pay off to get exactly what you want, but there is always that intial price involved :wacko:

Thanks for the feedback. I was worried the rock was too much, but I still wanted adequate bilogical filtration with the rock and sand while maintaining that minimal appearance we all love so much :happy: Great minds think alike! I love awesome shit!

As an OCD Engineer myself your thread makes me very happy. Glad to see you spent a lot of time researching before diving right in and I'm sure you'll have great success after the initial waiting game. Tagging along to see the progress :)

LOL, That's good than. I am crazy about researching. Too bad my actual job doesn't require too much of it. I spent about 6 months before deciding on a camera alone, let alone my nearly 4 years for a reef! :P Thanks for tagging along :)

Lookin' great!!!

Have you decided on the fish yet?

Not quite. I would be alright with one fish, but being mostly an SPS tank, this will not have much "movement" so I was thinking of a mated pair. For some reason, I just love Tailspot Blenny's, but cannot find a pair for the life of me. I really am not into clowns, and the fish need to asolutely be comfortable in this tank. Not looking to overstock, as I plan to have this tank for a looong time, and want the fish to grow with it, and not out of it :)

True there is always price..but might as well save and get it right the first time or you end up spending even more. Perfect example:

When my wife and I finally got an apartment together we had pretty much all the furniture except for a sofa. Well to play it safe we got a cheap starter sofa $300 bucks. After a few months we realized it was to small and we wejt out and got a fake leather sofa and love seat $1000bucks. We soon realized that our cat is gonna make the couch look like ass and it was uncomfortable as all hell. So we went and got yet another sofa for $700 that was a regular sofa..comfortable and all. Now we reached the predicament. I dont always wanna cuddle your ass and the sofa yet again was to small for both of us to lay without being up each others asses while watching tv. So fourth time is a charm we got this big ass wrap around couch for 1600 bucks. Let me tell you this sucked, 4 couches in 13 months. Shoulda got what I wanted the first time

Lol sorry to cloud your thread with a rant haha

I don't want this thread to be turned into a war of the fanboys, but I have my reasons for switching. ;)

Not trying to hijack your thread. I'm just sayin as your previous statement fits the picture.

Thanks for the feedback. I was worried the rock was too much, but I still wanted adequate bilogical filtration with the rock and sand while maintaining that minimal appearance we all love so much

Why do you love the minimal appearance? Obviously nobody likes things cluttered but I would think if you don't have enough rock then you wouldn't have enough placement options for coral.

True there is always price..but might as well save and get it right the first time or you end up spending even more. Perfect example:

When my wife and I finally got an apartment together we had pretty much all the furniture except for a sofa. Well to play it safe we got a cheap starter sofa $300 bucks. After a few months we realized it was to small and we wejt out and got a fake leather sofa and love seat $1000bucks. We soon realized that our cat is gonna make the couch look like ass and it was uncomfortable as all hell. So we went and got yet another sofa for $700 that was a regular sofa..comfortable and all. Now we reached the predicament. I dont always wanna cuddle your ass and the sofa yet again was to small for both of us to lay without being up each others asses while watching tv. So fourth time is a charm we got this big ass wrap around couch for 1600 bucks. Let me tell you this sucked, 4 couches in 13 months. Shoulda got what I wanted the first time

Lol sorry to cloud your thread with a rant haha

LOL, Nah it's all good. I just did the same thing with an office chair. I bought one because it was only $200 and REAL LEATHER. It was okay looking, but bulky as shit. I just (last week) got a new one after my "deal-of-a-$200" one started to literally fall apart! The one I replaced it with is an Eames[style] Management chair. So much nice, and looks way better. The construction is unreal.

Not trying to hijack your thread. I'm just sayin as your previous statement fits the picture.

Why do you love the minimal appearance? Obviously nobody likes things cluttered but I would think if you don't have enough rock then you wouldn't have enough placement options for coral.

It's okay. We are all entitled to our own opinions.

i love it because it gives an "open" feel to an otherwise small space. It's like having a small room cluttered with furniture. Yes there is a place for everything, but it just looks messy no matter how clean it is. The same can be said for a nano tank. You just can't get away with as much stuff in a small volume like this.

It is also personal preference (just like how I prefer Mac's) I prefer a more minimal scape. If filtration wasn't an issue, I would have even more sand showing! I think I found a happy medium :happy:

What's all this talk of furniture?! :P

What's this?!

2zz5o4i.jpg

Well the inTank one I just got at work today. Still waiting on the PicO ;) It's really nothing exciting ... It's just ... POLY FILTER PADS!!!

1zqdblv.jpg

mii2w7.jpg

And classic Swedish Fish. Just one Steve?! GFY

I think I may have overdone it on this order :P

Archived