Pod Your Reef

AMAYEU's Red Sea Max 34g - Featuring Randall eating a bristleworm

AMAYEU

Well I did not like the hob fuge. Took it off and put back the gfo reactor.

I am growing to like sticks more and more.

Old FTS

null_zps44eb2c20.jpg

New FTS

null_zps9f127cb4.jpg

Really can not tell the difference, but opened up the middle and stuck a few sps.

Some other close up of sections.

null_zpsa5025c52.jpg

null_zpse5316953.jpg

null_zps44a55ebd.jpg

Did all the rearranging to grow out this middle area.

null_zps66ac2986.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And there was one! I got a bonded pair about 4 months ago. After a month the larger female went missing. Only the little boy left. My asterina population has greatly reduced. Resorted to feeding chocolate starfish legs.

null_zpsf6b7bd9a.jpgnull_zpsab63f57e.jpgnull_zps70788e12.jpg

Love this picture

null_zps9f127cb4.jpg

Wish I did not have those DIY frag racks. But thanks for the compliment.

Sell some frags and have a cleaner display.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a larger fathead at the store today. So tempted, but can not risk them fighting.... It's one of one of our favorite fish.

Anyone have two fatheads?

A9584F3F-BF47-4D7B-952A-3BB582EA7FFA-114

So instead, I just bought 4 hermits and 1 turbo snail. They do a great job on the algae without a algae eating fish. One plucking and one eating.

But it seems like I am loosing hermits. Can a pistol shrimp kill a hermit?

And hate that I have 4 empty turbo snail shells in the back of the tank. It's like death row. They fall on their backs and are like lame turtles. By the time I notice, they are goners or too hard to get to.

oldSWseamomma

GORGEOUS tank ! I wish I wasn't so afraid to take the plunge with corals in my RSM130. I have two beginner corals but that's it. My tank is mostly a FOWLR. I do not have a green thumb and am pretty sure I wouldn't have a blue thumb either. :0) And am pretty sure if I posted too many pics of mine you'all would think it looks pretty sad - ha ! Your tank is truly GORGEOUS!

Beautiful! I'm a big fan of tanks that are packed to the gills!!!! :)

Thanks! Means alot from Mr TOTM. Lol. Really want to ditch the frag racks. Something will be brewing...

GORGEOUS tank ! I wish I wasn't so afraid to take the plunge with corals in my RSM130. I have two beginner corals but that's it. My tank is mostly a FOWLR. I do not have a green thumb and am pretty sure I wouldn't have a blue thumb either. :0) And am pretty sure if I posted too many pics of mine you'all would think it looks pretty sad - ha ! Your tank is truly GORGEOUS!

Thank you. Don't worry about about your tank. It all comes with time and wasteful spending. Lol.

If I were to do it all over again, I should of found my local reef clubs sooner.

Talk about not having anything and progressing. Here are some of pics of my first aio cube. 3 stages

null_zps8559cf7f.jpgnull_zpsa9e48f9e.jpgnull_zps9ffa199b.jpg

Love the tank! Its so lush and full!

Lush maybe. Full yes. Thanks for posting.
  • 2 weeks later...

Ever since finding out the salinity at the LFS, I drip acclimate. I used to float the bag then pour the fish into a container. Then I would just add a quarter cup of tank water every 10 minutes for an hour. Well, I happen to pick an old model of this fish acclimation box, so I have been putting it to good use.

http://reef-gently.com/store/products

null_zpsdfa3fd60.jpg

null_zps719d2fee.jpg

null_zpsfd185085.jpg

Love the reef gently...

What is the piece almost center on the bottom?

Is it a softy or sps? Or color? Too many macro algae in that pic. Lol

I'm so sorry, what happened?

Thanks for the concern.

Day 2 he was swimming up and down in the tank then only swam at the top. For a burrowing goby swimming near the surface seemed weird. This happened to a yasha I had for 2 days as well about a year ago. The watchman got pegged and stuck in the overflow teeth. I turned off the pumps and scooped him up with a net. I placed the watchman back into the acrylic box within the tank, thinking it was still stressed out. It didn't help. He wasn't breathing fast and heavy but deep large breaths for prolonged periods of time.

Really sux. It will be awhile before I think of adding another fish.

Those are some very nice colonies amay. Its good to see your tank still up, and flourishing.

Mark! It's been a long time. Had a few pieces since the beginning. Out of school yet?

Random thoughts.

At work everyday at 5:30am pacific time , so you know you work east coast hours when you watch yesterday's late shows like Jimmy Fallon right now. Very sleepy right now. Time for bed soon. It's 6:30pm right now.

I'm sorry to hear about the fish. The tank looks great though. Are you removing that invasive macro or letting it do it's thing?

Still feel bad about the fish. I think I am done. No more fish for the tank. I dread seeing the owner of the LFS and explaining I killed a fish. He will probably ask me if I want another at half off.

I trimmed the weeds but the are growing pretty fast. Been lodging the cut pieces to the back of the rockwork.

In other news, selling off some coral. Need to get rid of these DIY frag racks.

Zoas that I selling are:

Blue Hornets

Captain America

Cats Eye

Jokers

Magicians

Mindblowing

Pink Zippers

Pink Auroras

Rainbows

Rastas

Safecrackers

Space Monsters

And some other stuff.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/328563-fs-corals-bazooka-joe-miyagi-tort-hollywood-stunner-red-hornets/#entry4366586

Archived