Coral Vue Hydros

AMAYEU's Red Sea Max 34g - Featuring Randall eating a bristleworm

AMAYEU

RAWR. Hey I have a Tigers scarf for you if you want to support the team.

How about a Tony the Tiger Cereal costume... lol.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Joe the mandarin eating nutramar ova.....Wow... Cr@ppy iPhone pics. But I think you get the point...Wonder what the perfect mix of frozen food diet is? Joe is on nutramar and frozen cyclopeeze. He spits out pellets and mysis but at least he tries.80A7D226-829E-4385-BF77-FB50BEDD5E6E-1419B73F9D8-C412-4EA9-BFEF-50517EFEB138-141

Mind blowing stretch. The white rock was wedged into the main rock in the top right corner. It got loose and now hanging. The paly has a pretty strong mat.ABB4F134-EA42-499F-8851-E5FD13CF80E3-141

Frag rack .... Aka the messy zoa garden....B93FB061-EBFB-4964-92B7-E238C617E528-14111FF0395-75F1-4FBE-A5F2-EFE88A9ABB59-141

Mr evil gbta

You can see it stinging the tip to a miyagi tort on the left

4374812A-07D2-47AA-B2B7-A48AA743C49A-141

Stinging my bonsai. My favorite sps.

9CA4BE5F-383F-483D-8949-0D26B59F58A7-141

Have you tried frozen rotifers?

I will try that. Thx! Saw some at the LFS. Maybe some finally chopped frozen bloodworms.

Oh forgot to mention and better document, my redhead gobies spawned again and saw a bunch of babies.

Seen swimming

1st batch 3/17/13, Sunday Morning

2nd batch 4/8/13, Monday Morning

Out of curiosity, I wonder how much a breeder would pay for a mated and spawning pair of redhead gobies?

I have a pair of harlequins and have not seen the female in awhile. They took care of my asterina problem in 2 months. I am thinking about buying a chocolate starfish to feed them. Maybe I can entice the female or just see if she's still alive ? I hope so. If so, then I may capture them and sell/trade.

I have a pair of harlequins and have not seen the female in awhile. They took care of my asterina problem in 2 months. I am thinking about buying a chocolate starfish to feed them. Maybe I can entice the female or just see if she's still alive ? I hope so. If so, then I may capture them and sell/trade.

Picked some food up.

0C1AFD5B-E59F-4BA4-9E3D-30E878BEA949-658

Well the female never appeared. Maybe she is gone. Arghh. Rip?

The male seemed like he could not handle such a big meal. The chocolate starfish flipped over when upside. It did this twice. Freaked out, thinking that all my coral would be eaten over night. So I fragged the starfish. Lol. I chopped off one leg. I placed it by the male Harly and he dragged it into a cave. Boo! Could not see it go to town.

What happened to the starfish? It went to a cage.

E35B1B1F-C2B4-4884-B966-75AD8210E012-658

Only to the rear chamber of the overflow.

F21392F1-3DAD-4A8B-BA43-61264635121D-658FFD96393-6C11-4D14-B535-5019AD5D0E67-658

Haha! I like the cage.

Its the only place to put it. lol. The back chambers are all cluttered with equipment, Tunze 9002 and a gfo/carbon reactor. Hope I can keep it alive and chop a leg every week. Luckily my LFS told me he has smaller choco stars at half the price.

Nice RSM!

Thanks! I follow your thread as well... got kinda lost with the Apex discussion even though I would love that controller. Nice sump too!

SerenityReef

Thanks! I got lost too apparently, but in the end programming from scratch worked out.

Thanks on the sump! Was a long wait getting it in but have loved having it online.

Thanks! I got lost too apparently, but in the end programming from scratch worked out.Thanks on the sump! Was a long wait getting it in but have loved having it online.

I looked at the lifereef and it looks like a 4 month wait. I read you can buy the precut pieces and assembly/glue together.

A little tank day...

Making a little water for a water change, clean the glass and some equipment, plan and frag for some club swaps.

Took a quick FTS pic before the chaos.

511DB2C3-9C85-4CB0-B19E-0DA9A8D2D252-849

SerenityReef

I looked at the lifereef and it looks like a 4 month wait. I read you can buy the precut pieces and assembly/glue together.

Never heard that before, doesn't sound to bad if you have everything needed for assembly. I'm not that much of a DIY.

I lucked out and he had someone cancel on him so I didn't have to wait for that, mine is actually the one pictured on his site. I know I am absolutely in love with mine, debating on adding calcium reactor and skimmer as my tank grows.

Never heard that before, doesn't sound to bad if you have everything needed for assembly. I'm not that much of a DIY.I lucked out and he had someone cancel on him so I didn't have to wait for that, mine is actually the one pictured on his site. I know I am absolutely in love with mine, debating on adding calcium reactor and skimmer as my tank grows.

Cool on the luck out. Did you pay full price. That sump is pretty expensive. I was looking at sketches and dimensions, it would be $150 just in cut acrylic and not including other materials and labor.

Aren't you traveling?

Water change day. 3 gallons.

Micro-lift reef salt 4/14/2013

Temp ambient n/a

Mix time 7 hours

Alk 9.1 (red sea) vs 8.12 (company)

Mag 1600 (red sea) vs 1350 (company)

Cal 500 (red sea) vs 450 (company)

One thing leads to another....

came home yesterday to this. My turbo made a mess by knocking down some sps and macros flying over the place. ->

null_zps4037a3ac.jpg

So, I get to play with a hang on fuge provided by a reef club member. Traded a 4" round holly wood stunner chalice for it. ->

null_zpsb2dd1bb6.jpg

Took the gfo offline cause its been a few months since I changed, plus not enough room to hang the tlf reactor on the back. Decided to go with the fuge and add a few more gallons to this nano without sumping it. There are a few high flow spaces in the fuge and media basket to throw a little gfo in mesh bag.

Well the the fuge is on but the return pipe outlet is a little short causing a water trickle sound. Need to go to the hardware store tomorrow for some PVC to extend it. Wish it worked tonight. Dirty looks from the better half about the water noise was a sign of quits for tonight.

The next project is a fuge light. Thinking of a slim white led on a timer with a reverse lighting schedule to the tank.

Think I found out the plan. RapidLed DIY w/ 12 in aluminum bar tapped for 6 leds. I would use only the 4 middle spots for all white. Deciding whether to use the moonlight driver for 4 LEDs or the smallest constant current for up to roughly 12 LEDs.

Archived