ReefCleaners.org

Best Mac application for reefing?

nanolutionary

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoy the 3 day vacation, Slick. Post something like that again and it will be a lot longer.

I didn't see anything that deserved a ban but maybe I'm blind.

Behind the curve?! They set the curve! Everything in my home seamlessly functions together. I can control my Mac mini or MacBook pro from my phone. I can send files from my computers to my phone or iPod with one click. My web browser on my home computers saves all bookmarks to my phone. Images and music transfer automatically. Files backup to my router automatically. I can print from my phone. Behind the curve my ass. They own the curve.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/08/apple-and-samsungs-symbiotic-relationship

They have made nothing and stood on the shoulders of everyone else and claimed it as their own, now granted they have great marketing i'll give them that and only that. You can read that article and there are MANY more on the facts that apple isn't original in any way, they were about to go bankrupt back in the 90's when Bill Gates had to bail them out who now owns 48% of the company.

Nothing to do with being a "fanboy" or I love the multiple comments of "you can't afford them" thank you for once more proving your ignorance.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/08/apple-and-samsungs-symbiotic-relationship'>http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/08/apple-and-samsungs-symbiotic-relationship

They have made nothing and stood on the shoulders of everyone else and claimed it as their own, now granted they have great marketing i'll give them that and only that. You can read that article and there are MANY more on the facts that apple isn't original in any way, they were about to go bankrupt back in the 90's when Bill Gates had to bail them out who now owns 48% of the company.

Nothing to do with being a "fanboy" or I love the multiple comments of "you can't afford them" thank you for once more proving your ignorance.

Interesting read in the economist.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/08/apple-and-samsungs-symbiotic-relationship

That doesn't prove anything. You know who makes Samsung's stuff? Probably not Samsung oddly enough. I'm sure they have atleast 1 or 2 other companies making alot of their components. Apple designs it and then sources it out to be built. Thousands of companies work that way. Apple is based in the US. Samsung is based in China. Work is cheaper over there and the profit margin is much larger. Smart business move.

Who cares what happened in the 90's. Apple is putting Microsoft out of business slowly. Microsoft stock is falling, their market share is dwindling and their profits are not climbing like they used to. While the polar opposite can be said of Apple. They are crushing the competition, their stock is climbing, and their profits are gaining almost 10% per year.

You saying Apple doesn't innovate is just ignorant. I used to HATE Apple products. I was ignorant just like you are. But then I realized that they are the innovators. Everything they make is a step above everyone else already. They don't need to make a major change every year because they are so far ahead of everyone. How many of your Android or Windows based products seamlessly work together. Can transfer data between each other with one click? Or send bookmarks or music or something between one device to another without you doing anything?

I'm not saying I hate Android because I don't at all. I have an android tablet and no iPad. I really like it. But it doesn't work with anything else in my home. Everything that is Apple in my home works and works flawlessly.

My android seamlessly syncs with my life even though I have an iMac as my main computer. I use chrome and my bookmarks on chrome are on my phablet. My personal email is gmail, and my work email is also hosted with google. I am a mobile office with documents, contacts, emails, phone numbers which I never have to manually program into my phone. Further, any tracking info I get for packages on its way is automatically tracked in google cards. It knows where I live and work and how often I go to a particular location so it automatically gives me travel time, distance and weather information. These can also be customized.

Seamless. Or maybe it's just jellybean. All I know is, it's cool.

How many of your Android or Windows based products seamlessly work together. Can transfer data between each other with one click? Or send bookmarks or music or something between one device to another without you doing anything?

My android seamlessly syncs with my life even though I have an iMac as my main computer. I use chrome and my bookmarks on chrome are on my phablet. My personal email is gmail, and my work email is also hosted with google. I am a mobile office with documents, contacts, emails, phone numbers which I never have to manually program into my phone. Further, any tracking info I get for packages on its way is automatically tracked in google cards. It knows where I live and work and how often I go to a particular location so it automatically gives me travel time, distance and weather information. These can also be customized.

Seamless. Or maybe it's just jellybean. All I know is, it's cool.

Thing is though that is all worked out through Google. Your Android and your Windows based PC aren't going to work together. You need to use other products to make them work. Right out of the box you can do everything I said with your Apple products. No tinkering necessary.

I do like alot of google apps though. Just hate gmail. haha

Thing is though that is all worked out through Google. Your Android and your Windows based PC aren't going to work together. You need to use other products to make them work. Right out of the box you can do everything I said with your Apple products. No tinkering necessary.

I do like alot of google apps though. Just hate gmail. haha

Eh, I'm so used to gmail that I can't work on yahoo or hotmail anymore. Too much fluff. I don't have a PC so I'm not sure how ti would sync with my android. No wait I lied, I have a little pink netbook that I used to travel with. Yeah, it was a pure consumption device, all my spreadsheets and everything are in the cloud so I never really need to sync anything from my computer so to speak.

nanolutionary
Honest opinion here:

OP asked for a Mac app.

He/she did not ask to be converted to Android or Windows.

He is more than happy to be converted. I was with windows for the first fifteen years of my life then I saw an iPod, realised their commuters were equally ace.

I agree with Strephen Fry, people who say Apple is just a gimmick who makes beautiful computers are missing the point, the fact they are beautiful and equally so on the inside aka software is what makes them the best.

• 10 months later...
I'm a heavy android AND mac user. I can say unequivocally, the ipad has nothing on an android tablet. For me.

My iMac is beautiful and far superior than the PC I had.

I see positives and negatives in both IOS and use both platforms daily and extensively.

For a phone device I'm never ever switching to iphone again.

oh, was that off topic? :blush:

Both def have their pluses

Archived