Top Shelf Aquatics

Best Mac application for reefing?

nanolutionary

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best one I have seen is the Neptune App for your Apex. haha. Great app but you obviously need an Apex.

nanolutionary

The best one I have seen is the Neptune App for your Apex. haha. Great app but you obviously need an Apex.

What's an Apex?

• Like 1

I despise Mac/Apple, please tell me people don't rely on an apple product to monitor their reef tanks. 100% sub par company that is behind the technology curve by 3-5 years.

• Like 1

Nothing like a little Mac hate.

Anyways, I use my iPad as a remote control for my tank via the Apex, plus a stopwatch while running tests and upload my results with the AquaticLog app. I can't imagine keeping logs any other way.

• Like 1
I suppose it was only a matter of time before the Apple backlash started.

A lot if people hate when they can't afford.

• Like 2
nanolutionary

Nothing like a little Mac hate. Anyways, I use my iPad as a remote control for my tank via the Apex, plus a stopwatch while running tests and upload my results with the AquaticLog app. I can't imagine keeping logs any other way.

what's an Apex?

Tried googling it still not sure.

A lot if people hate when they can't afford.

Lmao, has nothing to do with affording it. Has everything to do with they make a sub-par product that they overcharge for, make no significant upgrades to any of their products and over charge for them. Why would I want to spend more money on something that does less when I can spend less on a better product that does more, real hard thought process there.

Apple still can't function on LTE, still doesn't support flash, no significant processor upgrades or ram, only ones who don't support the standard micro USB they just make a new jacked up port that you have to buy a "special" adaptor to fit everything that is out to make more money, no expandable memory/micro SD card, I can go on if you like.

So when you make a comment of "Hate because you can't afford" I just smile at the ignorance of apple users because they don't know any better. Btw Samsung makes the majority of their hardware and the funny part is its 3-4 year old technology that Samsung gives them.

I'm a heavy android AND mac user. I can say unequivocally, the ipad has nothing on an android tablet. For me.

My iMac is beautiful and far superior than the PC I had.

I see positives and negatives in both IOS and use both platforms daily and extensively.

For a phone device I'm never ever switching to iphone again.

oh, was that off topic? :blush:

Why would I want to spend more money on something that does less when I can spend less on a better product that does more, real hard thought process there.

Aesthetics. I like the "look" of my Mac computers and they do just fine for what I do. (Photography editing, Photoshop, Lightroom, Web Browsing, Games) Yes I said Games! I run dual boot with Windows 7 and can play any game I like. I will agree they are expensive, but luckily I get a nice discount with my workplace. ;)

Apple still can't function on LTE, still doesn't support flash, no significant processor upgrades or ram, only ones who don't support the standard micro USB they just make a new jacked up port that you have to buy a "special" adaptor to fit everything that is out to make more money, no expandable memory/micro SD card, I can go on if you like.

True Apple hater huh? You are mixing iPhone and Mac's etc.. My iPhone 5 does LTE just fine, in fact it's a smidge faster than my Internet at home.

They upgrade their computers every year. I don't know what you mean by no significant processor upgrades or ram?

Ya micro usb thing is a hot topic these days, not that you care but they will be releasing an adapter. Oh Noes another adapter!!!

Apple isn't for everyone, and I like PC's just fine. In fact I still use them, and even build them for my family members who aren't on the Apple "bandwagon" But I personally rather have my iMac starting at me than a big tower PC that sounds like a turbo jet in my bedroom ;)

FYI, Being a hater is just as bad as a fanboy.

Who's out to make money?

Pages cost me $20 for my iMac and $10 for my iPad.

The Student version of Office is $100 for one license. $120 for Office for Mac.

Yeah, I don't use 3/4 of the components of Office, so why would I pay so much for software?

Both are megacorporations out to make a profit. But I've never seen a BSoD on a Mac, either. I ran PCs for nearly 20 years and I just got tired of them dying in 70 different ways. I've had my iPad for about two years and my Mac for one. Apple stuff just works, and I'm more than happy with that.

• Like 4
I despise Mac/Apple, please tell me people don't rely on an apple product to monitor their reef tanks. 100% sub par company that is behind the technology curve by 3-5 years.

Behind the curve?! They set the curve! Everything in my home seamlessly functions together. I can control my Mac mini or MacBook pro from my phone. I can send files from my computers to my phone or iPod with one click. My web browser on my home computers saves all bookmarks to my phone. Images and music transfer automatically. Files backup to my router automatically. I can print from my phone. Behind the curve my ass. They own the curve.

• Like 3

Lmao, has nothing to do with affording it. Has everything to do with they make a sub-par product that they overcharge for, make no significant upgrades to any of their products and over charge for them. Why would I want to spend more money on something that does less when I can spend less on a better product that does more, real hard thought process there.

So when you make a comment of "Hate because you can't afford" I just smile at the ignorance of apple users because they don't know any better. Btw Samsung makes the majority of their hardware and the funny part is its 3-4 year old technology that Samsung gives them.

If I'm so wrong, why does my comment have more likes than yours?

By the way, I posted on an LTE connection, also flash is obsolete.

TeflonTomDosh

says the guy who can't afford one. (typical mac hater problem)

• Like 2

Behind the curve?! They set the curve! Everything in my home seamlessly functions together. I can control my Mac mini or MacBook pro from my phone. I can send files from my computers to my phone or iPod with one click. My web browser on my home computers saves all bookmarks to my phone. Images and music transfer automatically. Files backup to my router automatically. I can print from my phone. Behind the curve my ass. They own the curve.

Do your contacts from the iphone sync with your gmail seamlessly, like magic sauce?

Then use the one for windows.

Pfft. Why would I work on excel in windows on an iMac.

• Like 1

Archived