inTank Media Baskets

SDartifex countertop extension [retired]

SDartifex

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Move it to where it gets the most light, the sandbed is fine for all species. The thing about clams is they look better for a while when light is inadequate, because it forces them to open up more. However they will decline slowly, and by the time they show it , well, its just too late to bring them back.

Nice tank btw.

Thanks for the help guys, I'm gonna take Zeph's advice and get it out in the open. I'll get a before and after too while I'm at it.

So the SPS box has been achived, and I moved the Crocea out into the open. She immediately opened up huge, thanks again everyone and especially Zeph!

I gave the display a good cleaning and will snap some shots once the dust settles.

Very nice macro. Sps box Mmmhmmm.
Thanks, I wish I had a real macro lense to cut out a the nasty chromatic aberration you can see from the 18-55 kit.. Maybe once I get a chiller I can put some away for a legit lense, but knowing me there'll prolly something else I "need" for the tank lol

QhE0xv8.gif
Haha thats creepy, but I'll take it as a compliment :)

I love friday's, have a couple beer's

torpedo.jpg

Listen to some classic dubstep, with mah brand new audiophile headset :D

And enjoy the tank of course

x8OeTOp.jpg

BTW I added some sand :happy:

I kid you not. I drank the same beer and listened to the same song last friday.

This friday, I am on Great Lakes Commodore Perry, and Ray LaMontagne.

Nice, I wish I could be spin something fun. Instead I got a calc test on Tuesday an a Marxist crit paper due thurs :(

Wow the tank looks beautiful sdart awesome job.Its going to look killer in another 8 months. Just a suggestion for the diatoms... florida cerith snails.

Bitta bing botta boom! Wow, that tank! Beautiful! TOTM for sure!!!
haha thanks, It would be an honor to be featured by NR but I still think it's got a long way to go before its ready. Those twins you got on the other hand have been getting a lot of good press lately, and for good reason!
Wow the tank looks beautiful sdart awesome job.Its going to look killer in another 8 months. Just a suggestion for the diatoms... florida cerith snails.
Thanks for checking in Hype! I just added the sand a week ago so I'm thinking the bloom is from sillicates and other impuritys, but if things persist I will definitly grab some more ceriths since the few that I have already are always leaving trails in the sand. I was considering a fighting conch as well since I've always found them fascinating, but I don't know if there would be enough food for one in the long run..

I love the FTS! That's just beautiful. Close ups too.
Thanks Kat! There's nothin to it once you have some good gear to shoot with :)

Woah, That tank is killer! I did plan to be sps dominated, but things have changed and it looks like this will be an sps only display. I just hope it turns out to be 1/10th of the epic tank MrKang's is.

Good it should be sps only anyway lol your scape demands and deserves sps especially since you unintentionally made a mini reverse of his scape. I have faith. Do well padawon

Woah, That tank is killer! I did plan to be sps dominated, but things have changed and it looks like this will be an sps only display. I just hope it turns out to be 1/10th of the epic tank MrKang's is.

More sps frags? This sps box is turning slick.

I'm mostly just waiting for things to encrust right now, so I have a good feeling of where I can fit more pieces. But I'm keeping an eye out for any epic frags that float through the LFS. They have a few colony's of dendronephthya that I'm waiting for them to frag for my refugium :)

Wow. Pics look great!

Thanks!

Archived