SaltCritters.com

Clayton's ADA 60F LPS Dominant Reef

ClaytonG

Deleted User 4

Like by class, I mean the free ones adobe offers that are pretty much tutorials. It's just time consuming and you have to be able to remember stuff. I pretty much just learned what I needed to as I went. You don't have to use post-processing to take decent videos, but it just makes it more difficult. Using the post processing allows for human error and for color correction.

That video is definitely edited btw, the colors won't pop like that without some decent post processing and a really good camera.

I see. I better get on to that adobe class haha.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

What are you using to edit you photos now?

None. I just use my camera lol. And upload it onto photobucket with no editing.

Easy peasy.

None. I just use my camera lol. And upload it onto photobucket with no editing.

Easy peasy.

If you can set your camera to store the files as .raw then use an editor, you'll be able to get some more accurate photos. Most of the time the colors get either saturated or repressed, but with .raw you'll have all the dat to work with and can modify all of that afterwards.

Deleted User 4

If you can set your camera to store the files as .raw then use an editor, you'll be able to get some more accurate photos. Most of the time the colors get either saturated or repressed, but with .raw you'll have all the dat to work with and can modify all of that afterwards.

I see. Well I think the mode I have it set as is pretty accurate enough. I will try .raw when I have the time and effort to heh. We'll see :)

I see. Well I think the mode I have it set as is pretty accurate enough. I will try .raw when I have the time and effort to heh. We'll see :)

The first time you use raw you'll notice everything looks bleached and very lacking but it's meant to look that way. First thing I recommend doing is drop the black balance down before you mess with anything else.

Also this is helpful-

• Like 1

I hate it when people saturate pics to sell coral.

That is one reason I fight the temptation to buy from cherry corals and the like. Knowing what to check for you can tell that they are under heavy blues then super saturated. I respect places that post unedited photos, it just shows that their not trying to dress up their corals.

What do ya'll think of this? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on it...

Acanthophyllia

Deleted User 4

The first time you use raw you'll notice everything looks bleached and very lacking but it's meant to look that way. First thing I recommend doing is drop the black balance down before you mess with anything else.

Also this is helpful-

Yeah, I had a glimpse of those two videos recently. But didn't care to finish it...ehh lol. I'm a really lazy guy. Need to change it up!!!

I'll watch the whole thing when I am up for it haha. Thanks.

That is one reason I fight the temptation to buy from cherry corals and the like. Knowing what to check for you can tell that they are under heavy blues then super saturated. I respect places that post unedited photos, it just shows that their not trying to dress up their corals.

What do ya'll think of this? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on it...

Acanthophyllia

If you haven't bought it yet, I recommend you not to. It looks a little bit bleached out and it's under blues.

I havent bought anything from sexy corals couse of that same reason . Purchased a chalice when it got o my door step 500$ later the 1/4 inch frag was not tthe same color it looked in the website.

Yeah, I had a glimpse of those two videos recently. But didn't care to finish it...ehh lol. I'm a really lazy guy. Need to change it up!!!

I'll watch the whole thing when I am up for it haha. Thanks.

If you haven't bought it yet, I recommend you not to. It looks a little bit bleached out and it's under blues.

Yeah I noticed the bleaching and the saturation. Their just difficult to find around here and they had a good price. It looks like they were keeping all the Acanthophyllia's to close because all them have similar spots where they are overlapping.

Deleted User 4

I havent bought anything from sexy corals couse of that same reason . Purchased a chalice when it got o my door step 500$ later the 1/4 inch frag was not tthe same color it looked in the website.

Wow you spent $500?? That's a grip. My new ada tank setup is $500 altogether ahhaha.

Yeah I noticed the bleaching and the saturation. Their just difficult to find around here and they had a good price. It looks like they were keeping all the Acanthophyllia's to close because all them have similar spots where they are overlapping.

I see. I highly recommend you join ebay and watch "Goldenreefbasket" listing sales. Sometimes they get some really nice acanthophhyllias and start the bid at $125. If you're lucky, you may win it as your bid the only bid in the end. Shipping isn't overcharged either, about $29. And pictures definitely not saturated.

Wow you spent $500?? That's a grip. My new ada tank setup is $500 altogether ahhaha.

Yeah that was years ago no more 1500$ for one eye chalices for me any more.... No no nor 3000$ koi either.
Deleted User 4

Yeah that was years ago no more 1500$ for one eye chalices for me any more.... No no nor 3000$ koi either.

lolol I see. Koi's are still expensive nowadays haha. My 6-7 inches tategois were $50-80 each....

Deleted User 4

Thats true but Inhavent bought a koi under 1000$ so i wouldnt know what an 80$ koi looked like ,lol'z

Well, what sizes do you normally buy? Tategois are known to be ugly when small but a beauty when large. 6inches is pretty small haha. Unless you're talking about finished show small kois, those usually run for $100-400 at 6-8 inches in length but they end up getting uglier when at large.

About 10-16 inches so its a nomal size to buy just a tad over a tosai witch is a yearlin. But havent bought no fish in over a year&hlf so no kore spending

Deleted User 4

About 10-16 inches so its a nomal size to buy just a tad over a tosai witch is a yearlin. But havent bought no fish in over a year&hlf so no kore spending

Tosais are better since you can kinda predict better on how they'll turn out as adult size. Definitely more pricey though ahah.

Yeah but way better quality and it helps when 8 of the 12 fish where actually hand selected by the actual owner for me, and being present its a big plus.

I see. I highly recommend you join ebay and watch "Goldenreefbasket" listing sales. Sometimes they get some really nice acanthophhyllias and start the bid at $125. If you're lucky, you may win it as your bid the only bid in the end. Shipping isn't overcharged either, about $29. And pictures definitely not saturated.

None up right now :closedeyes: I'll keep a lookout though. I'm in love with that red mini maxi though. Most places are demanding $150 for those <_<

Minis are over rated arent they?

I like them. They're pretty much just highly advanced mushrooms. They require very little care, but there are some cool color variations. The all red ones look just like a red carpet anemone, but they can be kept in a nano without the issues that come along with a normal carpet.

My friend Jaquie has one it keeps eating her fish.. She hates it now.

Post pics of your clams. Is it true that a 1.5 -2.0 size clam wont make it in a nano that it will die ?

Archived