inTank Media Baskets

28 gal. Intermediate LED nanocube

saltt

how are your fish behaving together? i've heard mystery wrasses get aggressive

The mystery wrasse is pretty good, he was aggressive to the hogfish when I first introduced him but within a week or so they were fine with each other. He was the first fish in the tank since I transferre him from my previous tank when I set this one up. The only problem I had with him was when I bought a pixy hawkfish he was kicking his butt and never relented. I had to take the hawkfish back because he was getting destoryed

Other than that he's a great fish and I'd reccommend them to anyone, as long as they're not the first fish in the tank

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my gosh....GREAT video!!!!! I really like the song too :happy:

You have great colors going on in there. Where did you buy the red goni? At Vivid? I really want one :)

Oh my gosh....GREAT video!!!!! I really like the song too :happy:

You have great colors going on in there. Where did you buy the red goni? At Vivid? I really want one :)

Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it!! :D

The red goni is from vivid, it was called a Spiderman Goniopora I believe, although there's SO many differen't types that are all beautiful :D

Still looking amazing! I will definitely be getting a red goni for my 30 once its cycled. You definitely got some sweet deals on those corals. I hope you figure out whats going on with your dendro, I have considered giving them a try but I don't know if I will have time for the feeding schedule they require.

Tank is looking great!....and yes, orgo is horrendous! I spent most of the semester trying to figure out which lab equipment would be the best dosing option. Your acan garden is awesome!

Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it!! :D

The red goni is from vivid, it was called a Spiderman Goniopora I believe, although there's SO many differen't types that are all beautiful :D

Thanks for letting me know. I may call over there this week to see if they have any in stock. Just have to figure out where to put it in my tank :lol:

jedimasterben
Thanks for letting me know. I may call over there this week to see if they have any in stock. Just have to figure out where to put it in my tank :lol:

Just remember that depending on the species, you'll probably need to target feed it every couple of days, some only get 30% of their nutrition via photosynthesis. This is where I failed with my first two gonioporas. :(

IMG_20120226_212444.jpg

IMG_20120402_172523.jpg

Still looking amazing! I will definitely be getting a red goni for my 30 once its cycled. You definitely got some sweet deals on those corals. I hope you figure out whats going on with your dendro, I have considered giving them a try but I don't know if I will have time for the feeding schedule they require.

Thank you!! :) yeah those coral conventions really are amazing, definitely one of the benefits living in SoCal is that they happen here at least once a year, and thanks, I hope the dendro pulls through as well, they're supposed to be hardy and I'm feeding it every day so I hope it heals. If you ever get the chance you should definitely try one out, the only set backs are the feedings and the cost, except at the coral shows they had amazing deals on dendros

Tank is looking great!....and yes, orgo is horrendous! I spent most of the semester trying to figure out which lab equipment would be the best dosing option. Your acan garden is awesome!

Thanks! It's awful. We have a test on Wednesday on all types of isomers, nomenclature, and reactions of alkenes, etc. It's suuuper fun...haha

Vivid always has a good selection of gonioporas, they had a bunch of Spiderman ones a while ago but I didn't see any last time but I noticed some other pretty red ones! I hope they get some in, and if not you can always request it! :D

And jedimasterben is right. I got lucky with mine and it seems to be doing well without frequent direct feedings. I do feed it with some diluted Oyster Feast that I squirt onto the polyps as well as onto my alveopora, they have a feeding response when I do that so I guess that means it can't be anything but beneficial for them :P

This alveopora has grown much quicker than I even expected it to, I got it a while ago as about a 1/2 " frag and its already grown down and started to encrust on the rock. Next time it has its polyps retracted ill take a pic to compare it now to when I got it

Holy crapoly! Great vid!!! You have such a wonderful selection of colorful corals that are very well placed!!

I don't have any dendros......yet, but I have also read that it is not good to feed them frequently, which is why I plan to get a few. They seem to be a little bit easier to keep than some of the sun polyps???

and yes.......organic chem is a total beeotch!

The mystery wrasse is pretty good, he was aggressive to the hogfish when I first introduced him but within a week or so they were fine with each other. He was the first fish in the tank since I transferre him from my previous tank when I set this one up. The only problem I had with him was when I bought a pixy hawkfish he was kicking his butt and never relented. I had to take the hawkfish back because he was getting destoryed

Other than that he's a great fish and I'd reccommend them to anyone, as long as they're not the first fish in the tank

Thanks, I love your livestock. Colorful and always on the move:)

jedimasterben
I don't have any dendros......yet, but I have also read that it is not good to feed them frequently, which is why I plan to get a few. They seem to be a little bit easier to keep than some of the sun polyps???

They are the same family, and have roughly the same requirements. Black sun corals (T. micrantha in particular) need much more food and flow than any others in the family. Dendros and yellow suns you can get away with 2-3 good meals each week. Just remember that each head is its own being, they do not share any food!

Holy crapoly! Great vid!!! You have such a wonderful selection of colorful corals that are very well placed!!

Thank you!! :D It's funny because when i placed most of my corals I didn't think how they would be long-term, and now i'm paying for it! I don't think i have any room for ANY more corals :'( From what everyone has been telling me dendros are super hardy you just gotta feed them 2-3 times a week, so that's what im doing and hoping mine makes a comeback!

Thanks, I love your livestock. Colorful and always on the move:)

Thanks! I always have more fish I'd like to add, but I have to go with my better judgement and not buy anything. One day i'll have a bigger tank...one day B)

Wait till you get to P-chem. :wacko:

Hopefully I won't have to take it, I'm not sure if you need it for being a nurse anesthetist but I've heard horror stories about p-chem. Its probably one of the reasons I could never major in chemistry :P

Hopefully I won't have to take it, I'm not sure if you need it for being a nurse anesthetist but I've heard horror stories about p-chem. Its probably one of the reasons I could never major in chemistry :P

Your tank is looking good. Keep up the good work.

Organic chem doesn't sound fun. I just had a Statics exam today. Not fun what so ever. The joys of college classes. $200 books that you mever use, a professor who knows it all but how to teach and endless homework. :wacko:

Organic chem doesn't sound fun. I just had a Statics exam today. Not fun what so ever. The joys of college classes. $200 books that you mever use, a professor who knows it all but how to teach and endless homework. :wacko:

Stat was one of the fun required classes ;) enjoy the easy ones. Plant physiology was the hardest I took. Too much memorization.

Thanks! And it's not fun, but there's nothing a little studying can't accomplish ;) I'm taking statistics next semester, I've been putting it off ever since taking Calculus and having a terrible professor who ruined it for me. And I agree! I've barely opened most of my books and the semester is a month from ending! Ahhhh.

Stat was one of the fun required classes ;) enjoy the easy ones. Plant physiology was the hardest I took. Too much memorization.

I had a biology class a couple yrs ago for my old major, veterinary science, that was half plant physiology and their reproduction and such. It was a pretty big pain in the butt, but my best and favorite subjects are biology, microbiology and physiology (human) :) I took all those ones first. Now i'm taking the hard ones!

I had a biology class a couple yrs ago for my old major, veterinary science, that was half plant physiology and their reproduction and such. It was a pretty big pain in the butt, but my best and favorite subjects are biology, microbiology and physiology (human) :) I took all those ones first. Now i'm taking the hard ones!

The upper one you get to pick are much more fun, my upper level course work was all aquatic focused, oceanography, aquatic biodiversity (my favorite), limnology, and a few others. Gettin out of the classroom was a big plus.

Archived