inTank Media Baskets

Colby's 20G Mixed Reef : New FTS

hypersnyper694788

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hypersnyper694788
:P

Very curious as well good sir, how in the hellofit did you get that rock structure to stand up and not tip over lolz

The rock is actaully several rocks glued and puttied around some PVC. The PVC is in the shape of a U laying on its side. the bottom of the U would be under the sand. Hopefully this helps.

Wow your lucky. If I new living reef was selling this tank, I would have snatched it in seconds. Their new nano on display dosent look as good. Their loss and your gain.

hypersnyper694788
I do like this tank and scape, do you dose anything? If so what?

Thank you, the scape is definitely something you don't see everyday. I was really drawn to it for that reason. I dose basic calcium and alkalinity every day, 2 caps each. I also dose 5ml of fuel by aquavitro every 2 days or so. In between the fuel dosing i also feed Microvore by Brightwell Aquatics mixed with about .25 cube of frozen reef plankton by Sally's thawed in a bit of tank water.

Wow your lucky. If I new living reef was selling this tank, I would have snatched it in seconds. Their new nano on display dosent look as good. Their loss and your gain.

I feel lucky! i saw the a video of it online (there is link in this thread) and called right away to have them hold the tank. I bought it 2 days later. I negotiated delivery into the deal. I have been learning every since. This forum has been great so far, i will gladly accept any and all tips.

hypersnyper694788

Speaking of tips i need some suggestions. I was using emeralds as a part of my cleanup crew and they were doing a great job till they all died, not sure why. Anyways i picked up another one and that bastard ate all the polyps off my green birdsnest. I need to beef up my CUC and I'm very wary of adding another emerald. any suggestions on a good algae eater i could use instead that is more reef safe? Thanks in advance for any advice.

hypersnyper694788
Use snails not crabs

Any particular snails? i would like something to eat hair algae too, im thinking a lawnmower blenny but i have another 7 weeks or so before I add fish again.

Oh wow, the scape of this tank is awesome. Maybe I should redo mine :D.

Thanks! It would be pretty tough to redo your scape with all those awesome shrooms. But if your board it would definitely be a fun project.

hypersnyper694788

^^^

well thanks, hopefully i learn quick lol

Just bought a new coral, i will be picking it up tonight, Rainbow Echinata.

Now i just have to figure out where to put it.

436ED70C-C74C-4306-BC98-3BA8CA2642E1-4298-00000546EB19A2CC.jpg

hypersnyper694788

If you are all like me there can never be to many photos. so here are a few new shots i just took. Enjoy the photo dump.

My new Rainbow Echinata

IMG_4208.jpg

My new pink Acans

IMG_4195.jpg

A couple new shots

IMG_4197.jpg

IMG_4210.jpg

You can see the green polyps on the acro on the left starting to come out. This one is starting to come back.

IMG_4199.jpg

IMG_4128.jpg

IMG_4127.jpg

IMG_4230.jpg

IMG_4229.jpg

IMG_4228.jpg

IMG_4227.jpg

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4225.jpg

IMG_4222.jpg

WOW man the tank looks AMAZING!!!

Seriously that free standing half arch looks seriously incredible, Was it done with PVC or acrylic rods in order to maintain the shape like that?

I ask because I am wanting to rescape my tank really badly but dont know if I have the patience to drill holes in all of my rocks in order to do what you did

hypersnyper694788
how did i miss this one! very nice...and all in 20gals of water

Thanks so much! I seriously stare at all day. I get inspired by all the tanks i see on here too.

WOW man the tank looks AMAZING!!!

Seriously that free standing half arch looks seriously incredible, Was it done with PVC or acrylic rods in order to maintain the shape like that?

I ask because I am wanting to rescape my tank really badly but dont know if I have the patience to drill holes in all of my rocks in order to do what you did

PVC, no rods. i can post pics if you want.

Archived