Coral Vue Hydros

Peanut's Paradise

gonzalez78

i run them for 11 hours so maybe its also a little too much light. I am using the GU10 LEDs that giantben is using but i am not really happy with them also they don't make the colors pop good on my corals so i want to get a better light also maybe full spectrum.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok so I changed my light schedule as well as moved my pumps around and it all seems to be going away now just some very small spots where the water is not flowing, need to fix my mp10 asap.

Def need good water flow, but glad to hear things are on the up side now! By the way nice additions you got there!

Thanks saltwatercoral, just wish I could afford to fix my mp10. Yeah, compared to last week it looks way better.

As for an update:

Won a frag-a-rack at my club meeting on Sunday.

Also got some chong bongs, orange zoanthids, tubb's blues and an orange crush acan frags in the raffle.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: 12/14/2012

Lost my red scooter last week, died R.I.P. Scutero.

Today got a new inhabitant for my 40B, made him a little house out of 1" PVC.

Guess what kind of fish it is :)

And now for pics.

New mansion:

0150ade5deff76baf389fe9e233f2843.jpg

And my new fish acclimating in the bag to temp.

cfaa4c79395b512a9bbf98be6c11da08.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Taking out my skimmer and putting in an ATS. Also the pearly jaw fish never used the house I built him instead he completely gutted out under my Zoa rock. Giving my chaetomorpha to some club members hopefully ill also get some corals in exchange. Ill be also washing the skimmer in vinegar and putting for sale.

• 3 weeks later...

so far everything is doing good, will take a new picture tomorrow when the lights are on. no algae growth or cyano or anything bad going on yet.

TeflonTomDosh
I cut down my light schedule to 7 hours from 11 hours each day i really hope that will help me with my cyano.
you should start 9 threads about it if you're serious about finding a solution
you should start 9 threads about it if you're serious about finding a solution

I was thinking of more like 15 lol

• 1 month later...

Well, I decided to change up my sump design and I think I caused my tank to cycle or crash.... All my zoos, palys and shrooms have not opened.... My chalices and sps have no color on them just the polyps but they're also not opening.

• 3 months later...

paradise part deux coming soon. Need some funds to start a new sump and get a new heater and return pump then I will bring it out of retirement.

• 8 months later...

Archived