Coral Vue Hydros

Peanut's Paradise

gonzalez78

I have never heard a silent mp10. They make a huming sound when the rpms go up.

I know they make a little humming sound but this is way more loud than just a little hum.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is making a pretty high humming noise but i did have one of my local lfs prefer me a brand new one for the great price of $250 :)

If its aligned correctly is should be silent. I can hear it from maybe 4" away. Try rotating one side. I think I read somewhere about rotating it to align it. I could be wrong. Might just be wearing out.

The noise is not coming from the wet side or even that they're not aligned properly, its actually coming from the motor on the dry side :(

bummer. the only time mine makes a noise is when a snail is stuck in there. i sounds like its coming from the dry side. did the guy you bought it from run it for you?

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you have a bad bearing on the dry side. I had that happen to me after a year and a half of use. Unfortunately it seems like it's a common issue with Vortechs with an especially high rate of bad bearings units found on the second hand market. Check the date of manufacture on the back of the driver and contact Ecotech to see if you can get a new dry side under warranty. If not a new dry side on Ecotech's website will set you back just over a hundo or if you feel adventurous (and have the skill, tools and patience) there are guides on how save a little coin by changing just the bearings yourself if you do a little internet search on other sites.

Unfortunately he did not run it and i asked him he said it was completely quiet for him. Unfortunately also they were manufactured back in 2010 so they're out of warranty. I guess that will be a new project for my reef club president :)

News for today (tonight) tank is fully wet, rockwork is in and getting moist, sump is up and running. Only thing needed to do is wait for the stupid light sockets, should arrive no later than this Sunday or i will be pissed.

Unfortunately he did not run it and i asked him he said it was completely quiet for him. Unfortunately also they were manufactured back in 2010 so they're out of warranty. I guess that will be a new project for my reef club president :)

News for today (tonight) tank is fully wet, rockwork is in and getting moist, sump is up and running. Only thing needed to do is wait for the stupid light sockets, should arrive no later than this Sunday or i will be pissed.

Get your money back if you can. Im not buying it.

Get your money back if you can. Im not buying it.

I have been sending him messages but now he is not replying, guess he did one over me but I will get him.

Nothing new to report today just that i'm still waiting for the sockets for the gu10 lights to arrive so i can finally get those running. Sorry folks i wish there was more but you know the cycle is the time for little to no updates. I'm still trying to figure out the mp10 noise also but other people say they are supposed to make noise i just did not know they should be 3-4 times louder than my brothers mp60's

Hey where did you get the rocks from? Easy to scape/break with?

What subsrate are you goin to run with?

Actually the rockscape was done by my local club president, it came out of his tank some years back. None of them were broken just drilled and tied with wire ties and cement to hold them together.

For substrate i was thinking of doing Tahitian moon sand and for the sump i got a bag off Hawaiian beach sand that i also really like it's mixed between white and black sand it looks pretty cool.

this tank is going to look so cool with the aqua scape! if you can try to keep the arch thing going I was digging that!

I'm digging it too now that it's full of water. Just waiting for my light sockets to arrive so i can set those up then I'll post a new fts.

new update: got the lights hooked up and running today also got one for the sump. both look great so far just have to wait and see how they hold up.

IMG126.jpg

shot of the GU10 LEDs at work.

IMG125.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Got my water parameters checked today at my lfs and here are the results;

f94eea8159a67a17d95622066c208e8f.jpg

Now just need to lower the salinity on it a bit and it's all gravy, also need to remove the DAMsels so I can add my misbar clown.

/your cycle took nearly 5 weeks? why so long?

mine somehow is showing its cycled without a nitrate spike in 18 days. I am confused as to whether it is safe to add my 11 day QT fish or not

/your cycle took nearly 5 weeks? why so long?

mine somehow is showing its cycled without a nitrate spike in 18 days. I am confused as to whether it is safe to add my 11 day QT fish or not

your cycle will be different depending on how much live and dead rock you use and the amount of bacteria you start with.

Archived