Coral Vue Hydros

Indo Shallow Reef

Kayleen

I just got a Radion pro unit for my Elos mini. I know its over kill but it should make my corals pop. What setting have you found to be the best for the SPS growth? and where do you get all these sick corals dude? I love your acro collection.

Radion pro certainly will make your coral pop :wub: , I am running artifical mode and customised my own graphs. I would suggest you running from very low intensity starting from 20k setting. Thanks man all my acro from bali coral farm.

Thanks Rehype and Jedimaster, I am still learning.. hopefully will keep those corals healthy.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking at your tank made me post up my future build for sale and pull the trigger on a 24x24x12 deep blue which was my first pick but due to its size made me feel that a 24x12x12 would be better but I don't care anymore and am buying a shallow cube!!! Thank you and your tank for making me change my mind : )

Thank you so much all for the kind wordsDec update005-5.jpg003.jpgI have this algae all over my system mostly on sps base rock, anyone have any idea how to get rid of that. Tried manual brushed it, it keep coming back. Any help would be really greatThanks

The algae is dictyota. You can kill it off using Algaefix by API. It won't kill anything other than the algae.

Thanks for the advice.. let me find is lfs stocking API products.. here in my country has very limited access to reefs products

Beautiful setup as well. I'm looking into downsizing now and going with a similar 30 gallon setup. Are you using Gen 1 or Gen 2 Radions?

Thanks for the advice.. let me find is lfs stocking API products.. here in my country has very limited access to reefs products

Same here Kayleen, reef products are limited. But you still managed to create an awesome tank! :)

Just looking at your tank made me post up my future build for sale and pull the trigger on a 24x24x12 deep blue which was my first pick but due to its size made me feel that a 24x12x12 would be better but I don't care anymore and am buying a shallow cube!!! Thank you and your tank for making me change my mind : )

;) be sure to post up your build man..

Beautiful setup as well. I'm looking into downsizing now and going with a similar 30 gallon setup. Are you using Gen 1 or Gen 2 Radions?

Thank you steely, it gen1 radions with tir lens.. international radion users have to wait for along time before our turn for upgrading to gen2 or pro.. :(

Same here Kayleen, reef products are limited. But you still managed to create an awesome tank! :)

Herptile thanks, the tank is too young.. :)

Oh well, you know what they say about time. It will be a year old before you know it. And if the current coral growth and color is anything to go by, it will be exponentially awesome. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes JCG radion gen 1 with tir lens. Ca dam alk are from grotech dosed with dosing pump. Other suplements mostly zeovit's

Kayleen, whe you are able to upgrade to the Pro, do it! It took mine about 4-6 weeks but the difference between the pro and Gen 1 is amazing.

Spiro international radion users has to wait a little longer than US users. dont know it will hit asia for the upgrade, how much difference between pro and gen1. Heard they got semi uv LEDs now.

• 2 weeks later...
jedimasterben

Sorry really not have any idea what kind of sps you are refering.. Very bad with id ing sps

I just call them sps. Acros, stylos, birdsnests, doesn't matter if they have a name, as long as they're pretty. :)

Kayleen, do you think you'll have an issue when your GSP touches your sps? My GSP (the all-pink colored one) brushed against a sps frag and caused it to grow very slowly and even exposed white skeleton on the area it touched. When I scraped it off, the sps frag recovered and began to grow faster. Do you think this will be a concern of yours as well? I also have the green GSP but they are far from any sps at the moment. Thanks. And very beautiful pics by the way.

Kayleen, do you think you'll have an issue when your GSP touches your sps? My GSP (the all-pink colored one) brushed against a sps frag and caused it to grow very slowly and even exposed white skeleton on the area it touched. When I scraped it off, the sps frag recovered and began to grow faster. Do you think this will be a concern of yours as well? I also have the green GSP but they are far from any sps at the moment. Thanks. And very beautiful pics by the way.

I think it would if it touches my sps..

Archived