Innovative Marine Aquariums

BIG 20 It's dog eat dog.

chrssprngs

Definitely getting one. Going to try to get a small one and see how the social dynamics play out. I think everyone will be able to hold their own. Orange Spotted Goby, Clarkii Clown and Chalk Bass.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mmm,

can I talk you out of the sixline.

First, I have one, 6 months old now, and already showing psychotic tendencies. From what I understand the older they get the meaner they get. He's in my 40 with a Flame Hawkfish, Clown, and Blue Chromis. The Hawkfish keeps him in check for now, he will not be intimidated and loves to block on the the sixlines rock routes.

Second, I have had flatworms and the sixline did not touch them. I keep reading posts from people who say the sixline will control flatworms ... call me a huge skeptic. Perhaps if you starve the tank and it's desperate ...

Third, the sixline will decimate much of your good fauna in the tank, and at the same time increase your bioload. I honestly think this will produce balance issues down the road. My sixline prefers brittle starfish.

Just say NO to a sixline. :)

All just my opinion, of course.

I agree it's a risk. So far mine is OK. He's been in there for six months and I got him small and he was the last fish. They are very colorful and cool to watch and are a work horse in the tank.

Ask Gena about her pink streaked wrasse. I think they are a lot less agresive but do also alot of hunting and pecking looking for "bugs' to eat.

Good news. I have the canister operating and I'm running carbon. Should do wonders. Its been over a year since I ran carbon (other than Chemi Pure) on this tank.

Side view of the HH. Definitely a Plating Montipora. Hard to see in the photos but the polyps are there.

71726F4F-EB8A-42B6-AFA8-EAF09942B23D-140-0000000C25E03F05.jpg

I have an appointment with the cardiologist tomorrow to find out the results of the testing I had done last Tuesday. To be honest, I'm nervous but anxious for them to find out what is wrong. I'm hoping it's just a matter of taking a pill to make everything right again.

I have an appointment with the cardiologist tomorrow to find out the results of the testing I had done last Tuesday. To be honest, I'm nervous but anxious for them to find out what is wrong. I'm hoping it's just a matter of taking a pill to make everything right again.

"My doctor said Mylanta" Remember that commercial?

Hopefully just that. If you need anything, I'm an RN in a Cardiac Cath Lab feel free to pm me.

"My doctor said Mylanta" Remember that commercial?

Hopefully just that. If you need anything, I'm an RN in a Cardiac Cath Lab feel free to pm me.

Thanks Mark

Cardio results came back negative. That's good. Apparently not a "blockage" issue. Now a matter of them figuring out what's causing the arythmia.

Cardio results came back negative. That's good. Apparently not a "blockage" issue. Now a matter of them figuring out what's causing the arythmia.

I don't know how old you are but for me, at 49, I really have to watch the caffeine intake. Hope they figure it out quickly!

Funny you should say that. Someone else mentioned the same to me today. I'm 51. I don't drink much coffee. 2 cups in the morning. The arythmia episodes are very irregular but happen about 2 or 3 times a week.

On tank news, dipped what I could dip this morning. Had a visual on two nudis that were on dipped items. Didn't see any on the non- dippable colonies but I know they have to be there. My Chal Bass has been missing since treating the tank with FW Exit. Hope he turns up but find it doubtful that he's still alive. I will get another. Very cool fish and only cost about $16 +/- .

Edit; Chalk

Funny you should say that. Someone else mentioned the same to me today. I'm 51. I don't drink much coffee. 2 cups in the morning. The arythmia episodes are very irregular but happen about 2 or 3 times a week.

On tank news, dipped what I could dip this morning. Had a visual on two nudis that were on dipped items. Didn't see any on the non- dippable colonies but I know they have to be there. My Chal Bass has been missing since treating the tank with FW Exit. Hope he turns up but find it doubtful that he's still alive. I will get another. Very cool fish and only cost about $16 +/- .

Edit; Chalk

51? I didn't realize you were such an old fuucker!

I know right? I don't know how it happened. Other than #### I'm dealing with currently and my bad knee from an unauthorized motorcycle/car interaction in 79, I don't feel 51. Chapters of life.

I know right? I don't know how it happened. Other than #### I'm dealing with currently and my bad knee from an unauthorized motorcycle/car interaction in 79, I don't feel 51. Chapters of life.

Consider yourself lucky if that's all you got going on. Hell, svt isn't really an old persons problem.

Soon enough, you'll be all gray, all that time spent in the sun will take it's toll in from severe wrinkles everywere, the money you spent on lasik surgery is wasted because you now need glasses to see up close, the hair in your ears and nose will turn into a forrest, it will take 10 min to take a pee, your gonads will hang lower than your unit, just the thought of sex gives you chest pain, and you might as well stay drunk all the time because you feel like you have a hangover all the time.

Just wait........

Wow, I don't know why I haven't seen this thread. I have a 20L and I am way too embarrassed to put any pictures up after seeing this thread. Your tank looks amazing!!! I'm inspired. I thought I was stepping up my game with fixing my tank up, but clearly I'm not. I really love your 20L

OMG Mark you made me laugh do hard stuff came out of my nose. I saw your "catch of the day" pic.

Wow, I don't know why I haven't seen this thread. I have a 20L and I am way too embarrassed to put any pictures up after seeing this thread. Your tank looks amazing!!! I'm inspired. I thought I was stepping up my game with fixing my tank up, but clearly I'm not. I really love your 20L

Dealing with some tank issues right now so your kind remarks are very much appreciated.

Wow! I missed a lot...I am glad that you are your test results came back ok :)

Thanks Maria.

Good luck with your relocation.

Dallas is kind of weird so you should fit in nicely.

:D

Glad there are no blockages Chris, that is good news indeed. The HH sure looks like a montipora, I can see the polyps, I wonder what kind it might be, whether any of the exotic names ones or what.

I love 6 lines but I won't put anything that will actively compete for food with my mandarin. If I did not have a mandarin, I would have had a 6 line, even had a name picked out for it.

Ok, enough chit chat. You guys know I like to dump photos.

New FTS

AA2F7315-24D0-401C-AC7D-FBE173037DEC-1276-0000032E7CC21B18.jpg

Capricornis scrolling

A192F8FC-EFC7-456A-B4D3-EEDFF097321D-1276-0000032E791AC4E4.jpg

The vertical wall

5CE78BE2-3BD0-4786-BF0A-D4F67A26E4A0-1276-0000032E68AF66CB.jpg

Chalice growth

6/2012

0893fa05.jpg

12/2012

D8FBCB82-359D-4230-9232-FB034F9D3A12-1287-000003338FF26B95.jpg

I am going to have to remove the anemone. Getting too big and has the leather laid completely sideways in an attempt to get away from it. It's starting to split also.

Archived