Cultivated Reef

Tulips.

Deleted User 3

Deleted User 3
How's the fish doing?

Good actually! I don't see any ich so they must have went to the next part in the cycle, and or died. The fish are swimming, eating, the male is acting funny around the female, like almost on the side and twitching but then will zoom off lol. The male im pretty sure is going to be that one, it's the one with the overbite, he's smaller than the other one by a bit.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rollermonkey

Good to hear that, but you should probably try to get some QT/HT equipment, just in case. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Right?

Deleted User 3
Good to hear that, but you should probably try to get some QT/HT equipment, just in case. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Right?

I can't right now.. but i will work on it. >I have the heater in the bucket, and my reg tank is staying at 77 like i keep it... oddly. and i bought a filter for the QT, so i have that. I'm not going to add anything else. Screw the shrimp i can't go thru this QT anymore! lol. I'm not going to get anything new until I upgrade, and have money to spare.

Deleted User 3

Fishies aren't so fond of the marine flakes. They're 1, too big, and then they come up, sniff, and go screw that... lol. I have some good fish I think :D Had to feed mysis instead, maybe they're spoiled. Salinity was only down .001 today, not too bad! Added in some more ammo-lock. Seems to be working, the ammo-lock. I don't see any more ich spots, so must be at the next ich life cycle. Sigh. Atleast the fish like their vacation home...and the pretty one is def the female.

Picked up Hikari Bio-Pure FD Dapnhia, they like that, so i'll give the flakes to the guy whos giving me the formula2 and all that.

Deleted User 3

I think once i put the fish back in the tank on August 20th there-abouts, im going to start a NEW tank thread...

I think once i put the fish back in the tank on August 20th there-abouts, im going to start a NEW tank thread...

Why a new thread, this one is fine.

And so is the maxijet. Don't get rid of it. They are reliable and flow a good bit of water for their price. Once all the sand finds a home. Don't disturb it. Just leave it like it is. It will eventually settle down. Nothing to worry about. I agree the knanos are probably better, but better comes with a price.

Deleted User 3
Why a new thread, this one is fine.

And so is the maxijet. Don't get rid of it. They are reliable and flow a good bit of water for their price. Once all the sand finds a home. Don't disturb it. Just leave it like it is. It will eventually settle down. Nothing to worry about. I agree the knanos are probably better, but better comes with a price.

Seri .. i want my sand to be basically level... not bare spots with some 4 inches high... no thanks. Getting a nano, selling this one & a few other things to buy one. that thing is WAY too big for my tank. I wanna see if the LFS will buy it for what I paid since they double their prices :P

Seri .. i want my sand to be basically level... not bare spots with some 4 inches high... no thanks. Getting a nano, selling this one & a few other things to buy one. that thing is WAY too big for my tank. I wanna see if the LFS will buy it for what I paid since they double their prices :P

You also realize that there are 2 ways to see up the new mj power heads? The 400 will either push 120gph or 500gph. Take a look at the marine depot pics of it, if yours doesn't look like the 4th pic, it probably is a bit too much for the tank.

I bet the clowns would love it though.

Deleted User 3
You also realize that there are 2 ways to see up the new mj power heads? The 400 will either push 120gph or 500gph. Take a look at the marine depot pics of it, if yours doesn't look like the 4th pic, it probably is a bit too much for the tank.

I bet the clowns would love it though.

I know but it barely fits behind my rock work.

Deleted User 3

Here, this is showing you how the powerhead looks in my tank, I think it takes up too much space and looks too gaudy.. and big. 336311_382989975083899_940408808_o.jpg

I wish i could hide it. I'm trying to figure out what i wanna do for the background. the blue thing when it gets wet sticks to the glass and then looks stupid, but without you see all the cords.

I'm liking it so far. It looks good, I like the scape. Needs a black background though. Dont make me bust out MS paint to prove it, I'm not really in the mood.

:stickouttoungesmiley:

Deleted User 3
I'm liking it so far. It looks good, I like the scape. Needs a black background though. Dont make me bust out MS paint to prove it, I'm not really in the mood.

:stickouttoungesmiley:

Fanks.

& I JUST took of my background cuz it was pissing me off. anytime it gets wet it sticks to the glass, and then looks ####ed up. So i took it off.

I'm debating what i wanna do. Its about impossible to turn this thing since it got stuck on some duct tape awhile back, so I don't know if i can paint it. I hate the clear thing cuz then i can see everything, but it makes the insides look cool, I think. I dont know yet.

Fanks.

& I JUST took of my background cuz it was pissing me off. anytime it gets wet it sticks to the glass, and then looks ####ed up. So i took it off.

I'm debating what i wanna do. Its about impossible to turn this thing since it got stuck on some duct tape awhile back, so I don't know if i can paint it. I hate the clear thing cuz then i can see everything, but it makes the insides look cool, I think. I dont know yet.

Tape down both sides and the top seems of your background to waterproof it. Thats what i do.

Deleted User 3
Tape down both sides and the top seems of your background to waterproof it. Thats what i do.

i don't know how to tape the top without it looking ugly. I'll figure something out. :)

I love the tank's look! Get those clowns back to 100% health and happy again! Good luck, I will be following closely... How Long has the tank been up and running now? I love the coralline growth!

Deleted User 3
I love the tank's look! Get those clowns back to 100% health and happy again! Good luck, I will be following closely... How Long has the tank been up and running now? I love the coralline growth!

Well thanks! Yeah they're eating ATM. They seem to like the 'vacation home' so I don't think it'll be a problem. 3 weeks, 5 days. :) Thanks, it was already on the rocks when I got it though, ah ah. It's started to get on the 'dry' rock now too, i'm so excited!

jedimasterben
Well thanks! Yeah they're eating ATM. They seem to like the 'vacation home' so I don't think it'll be a problem. 3 weeks, 5 days. :) Thanks, it was already on the rocks when I got it though, ah ah. It's started to get on the 'dry' rock now too, i'm so excited!

What's in 3 weeks and 5 days?

Deleted User 3
What's in 3 weeks and 5 days?

I love the tank's look! Get those clowns back to 100% health and happy again! Good luck, I will be following closely... How Long has the tank been up and running now? I love the coralline growth! -- i was replying to this.

jedimasterben
I love the tank's look! Get those clowns back to 100% health and happy again! Good luck, I will be following closely... How Long has the tank been up and running now? I love the coralline growth! -- i was replying to this.

Oh. gotcha. ;)

Deleted User 3
Oh. gotcha. ;)

:P. PS fish are still alive this morning. They kind of only want to eat mysis for the most part... when i tested the day before yesterday there was only ammonia, and I have ammo-lock in there yet, nothings coverted either yet :S ugh.

jedimasterben

You're using an API kit, so it measures ammonia and ammonium as one and the same, so you'll get a reading no matter which it is.

Deleted User 3
You're using an API kit, so it measures ammonia and ammonium as one and the same, so you'll get a reading no matter which it is.

Yeah, i know that... I just mean the ammonia/ammonium isn't convering to nitrite or nitrate yet... not cycling.

jedimasterben

From what I've read, ammonium isn't as readily converted as ammonia is (because it is locked into a different bond), so it leaves a bit slower.

Deleted User 3
From what I've read, ammonium isn't as readily converted as ammonia is (because it is locked into a different bond), so it leaves a bit slower.

hmm. so then im okay yet? My water is cloudyish... just did a WC. Salt level stays 1.009 pretty well tho, except when i WC ><

Archived