Cultivated Reef

Micro-Reefs 1st Sponsor Special!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

We still have some of these beauties still in the warehouse and more reefers are picking them up! I'm still offering FREE live rock for those that order!

Jump on them! When they are gone they are gone!

MG

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mastahluong

Hey Mike, I got the flexible arm fixture today and wanted to make sure you got the fixed arm one from me?

Side question this light should be strong enough to support a ricordia garden right?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Hey Mike, I got the flexible arm fixture today and wanted to make sure you got the fixed arm one from me?

Side question this light should be strong enough to support a ricordia garden right?

Yeah,

You are cleared, I got your old fixture back....

Regarding the ricordia I placed mine in their for weeks and they were doing great! This tank is going to require not just lights, but maintain filtration and dose!

I would stock with fish, i would keep t just reef, but if you have to only 1 goby, NO damsels! They will pollute!

Work with the ric and find that sweet spot in you pico!

LOVE MY NEW MICRO-REEF TANK

Won it at my club raffle.

This is my first and I will try to make it look good.

You all make it look so easy, Can't wait to see

it through.

post-74490-1337534602_thumb.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
LOVE MY NEW MICRO-REEF TANK

Won it at my club raffle.

This is my first and I will try to make it look good.

You all make it look so easy, Can't wait to see

it through.

Welcome MicroNub,

Thanks for posting your pico, I hope to see it blossom and captivate many reefers with only 1 gallon of volume it should dazzle many!

Being that you are new, I know many reefers will shortly jump in and welcome you as well!

Sincerely,

Mike Guerrero

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Cute setups, Mike :)

Thanks,

I just got a fresh batch of 5 correct LED flexible fixtures, I have three left! Come get them, they are still on my site and it stock, ships out now!

I'll ship them out tonight! B)

9bm32v.jpg

Replacement LED.

2w2lcw3.jpg

Reefer that just placed order.

a26nh0.jpg

I was thinking about putting a second filter on this tank will it fit? If so will it he to much flow? Was gonna put another deco art. That I would obviously be ordering from you. Thanks

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
I was thinking about putting a second filter on this tank will it fit? If so will it he to much flow? Was gonna put another deco art. That I would obviously be ordering from you. Thanks

Your tank is 7 inches in length and the specs for the filter are:

Product Dimensions: 3.2 x 3.8 x 6 inches ; 1.6 ounces

so 3.2 x 2 = 6.4 and you have 7 inch room...

You are clear....

Thanks I probably coulda figured it out if I wasn't on my crappy phone. I will probably place an order from you in the next couple days

mastahluong

I've got my office system going but with the mini heater plugged in my tank will get up to 84deg and was still climbing :o . The ambient temps in my office are about 74-75. Tank without heater and just pump and light on only got to 76.2. I decided on buying a Finnex heater controller(Finnex MAX300) so I wouldn't have to invest into a full reef controller. I thought I would throw that out there for anyone in the same boat as I.

Soo nice!

Sometime soon, I'd love it now but I just spent $300 on a light. My bday is coming in 3 months perhaps that's what I should ask for instead of the usual "I dunno".

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
I've got my office system going but with the mini heater plugged in my tank will get up to 84deg and was still climbing :o . The ambient temps in my office are about 74-75. Tank without heater and just pump and light on only got to 76.2. I decided on buying a Finnex heater controller(Finnex MAX300) so I wouldn't have to invest into a full reef controller. I thought I would throw that out there for anyone in the same boat as I.

76.2 is where you want the tank, even cooler if you want down to 74 degrees. We have always used the hydor heater in our picos with a RKL if you cannot monitor it.

I would not use it unless it was winter time. Don't toss it out, just pull it out and run without the heater. With a close top and this size heater it will easily climb to your findings.

Why are you running a heater now, are you leaving it there over the weekends?

Mike; your pico tanks are PERFECT! I love my new pico. Here it is: :D :D :D

DSC00762.jpg

Very cute, I like the clean look, remember to always run the mag/cleaner to keep the sides clean and crisp. Don't wait for build up before you clean.

Soo nice!

Sometime soon, I'd love it now but I just spent $300 on a light. My bday is coming in 3 months perhaps that's what I should ask for instead of the usual "I dunno".

We are having a Father's Day Special coming up, that might interest you! ;)

mastahluong
76.2 is where you want the tank, even cooler if you want down to 74 degrees. We have always used the hydor heater in our picos with a RKL if you cannot monitor it.

I would not use it unless it was winter time. Don't toss it out, just pull it out and run without the heater. With a close top and this size heater it will easily climb to your findings.

Why are you running a heater now, are you leaving it there over the weekends?

Yeah it's in a permanent spot on my desk now. I'm not sure how cold it gets there on the weekends but I was just trying to shoot for 76-80 consistently. I forgot to mention that 76.2 is the highest I've seen my water temp so far. Water temp will usually stay around 70-72 and will probably drop more during the weekends.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Yeah it's in a permanent spot on my desk now. I'm not sure how cold it gets there on the weekends but I was just trying to shoot for 76-80 consistently. I forgot to mention that 76.2 is the highest I've seen my water temp so far. Water temp will usually stay around 70-72 and will probably drop more during the weekends.

Interesting,

I see your concern. The hydor heater works only if you are there monitoring it. Controller are big and don't belong in the office, in my opinion.

This office pico was designed to be cheap and not expensive, affordable for everyone out of the box, that is why I didn't package it with a heater.

I felt that in the office it might be stable.

I will try hard to find a heater that is very tiny and has a thermostat, but they are of bad quality and can malfunction very easy from what I have read.

Keep us posted, and thanks for the feedback! ;)

MG

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
just ordered mine! i cant wait to get it!

I got your payment and it's on its way to your home on the East coast!

Here it is, just before it was sent out...

2mwfo92.jpg

WE NOW HAVE TWO LEFT IN STOCK, READY TO SHIP OUT ASAP!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
awesome! this thing is going to be packed full of zoas and shrooms!

Fantastic!

I would welcome some pics of your build! Still have two more, can ship them out ASAP, for those who are interested! ;)

JakeJekel37
I will try hard to find a heater that is very tiny and has a thermostat, but they are of bad quality and can malfunction very easy from what I have read.

Hey Mike, you might want to check out this heater. It's not super cheap, but it's not a wallet buster either. And it's the perfect size for your picos.

Just a thought.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Hey Mike, you might want to check out this heater. It's not super cheap, but it's not a wallet buster either. And it's the perfect size for your picos.

Just a thought.

Sweet,

I will try to get that on our site, as an option to our office ecosystem!

Thanks,

MG

JakeJekel37
Sweet,

I will try to get that on our site, as an option to our office ecosystem!

Thanks,

MG

No problem. Hope it's something that works out for you.

Incubus_doubled

Hey Mike, so Happy :happy: just received my order today, i'll post pics as soon as i set it up...

Archived