Innovative Marine Aquariums

Micro-Reefs 1st Sponsor Special!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

mastahluong

Would an aquaclear 20 works on this? If so is there anyway I can swap it out and pay the difference?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can tell I'm gonna sturgle finding a heater because my house temp changes way to much during the day.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
I can tell I'm gonna sturgle finding a heater because my house temp changes way to much during the day.

Jon,

It depends where in your house the pico is placed. If it is placed downstairs, it's a lot cooler than upstairs vice versa.

If you want a super clean look and want the heater that we choose, you must save the dollars and get the RKL controller.

Defeats the the $74.99 price point I placed this unit at but it would do everything a reefers wants for his ultimate Pico.

If I do find a heater with a controller built in, in all honesty they are not that great and can malfunction, I will notify you ASAP.

But for now, keep cost down, place it in the room that is the most constant, I thought your pico might be headed over to the office?

MG

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Would an aquaclear 20 works on this? If so is there anyway I can swap it out and pay the difference?

The answer is YES it fits, and YES we will swap it out if you like, for the difference... ;)

Here are two pics of it with the AC20... For those that have to have more power! B)

fclhdf.jpg

elyjr.jpg

mastahluong
The answer is YES it fits, and YES we will swap it out if you like, for the difference... ;)

Here are two pics of it with the AC20... For those that have to have more power! B)

Hey Mike, I got your PM. Thanks for getting back to me so soon. Talk about customer service, you even delivered with pictures! I think I'll pass on the AC20. I didn't know how much space it took up until you posted those pictures, so thank you for that. I'll be purchasing tonight!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hey Mike, I got your PM. Thanks for getting back to me so soon. Talk about customer service, you even delivered with pictures! I think I'll pass on the AC20. I didn't know how much space it took up until you posted those pictures, so thank you for that. I'll be purchasing tonight!

[/quote

ANYTIME...

It would be straightforward to get a temp controller for under $35. Arduino + Temp Sensor+Relay(a premade box setup that's approved for mains voltage would be nicer)+a simple sketch.

I'd be interested in the idea of some sort of induction based heater, although I've never looked into that before.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
I wish I had the money right now. I'd be all over this!

Don't worry we have plenty, until supplies last! :)

I went today and hand picked more live rock and sculpted it myself to each tank! I neatly package them in holding bags and separate them and place them back into holding tank for aeration, until they ship!

Here are the picks:

I get them home in separate bags all in one

2yjyjqt.jpg

I then examine them to make sure they are not broken

2gy8s9s.jpg

Here they are ready to be sent to you, FREE!

nf46zr.jpg

I have pictures of them sculpted by me, before I brought them home, but they are on my Android. :angry:

Okay, so who is next in line for their one of a kind Office Ecosystem? B)

mastahluong

OoOoO Which is mine, I wanna see!!! Since my rock will be going cross country I doubt it'll be very much alive at that point. But that's besides the point, just getting rock for the tank is a positive.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
OoOoO Which is mine, I wanna see!!! Since my rock will be going cross country I doubt it'll be very much alive at that point. But that's besides the point, just getting rock for the tank is a positive.

Yours will ship out weds since I'm waiting for the LED lights to ship in from down south, LA. I have a big order coming in for those LED lights...

I will fill all orders this Wednesday.... ;)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Here are the four quick aquascapes that I did at the warehouse:

333d3zb.jpg

15z5xjl.jpg

20qm64g.jpg

5wgqw9.jpg

Pick you # and make the order, simple as that... Order through drive through is harder... :o

TeflonTomDosh
Here are the four quick aquascapes that I did at the warehouse:

333d3zb.jpg

15z5xjl.jpg

20qm64g.jpg

5wgqw9.jpg

Pick you # and make the order, simple as that... Order through drive through is harder... :o

Might get my mom one of these for mothers day. can you get it to her by Saturday? 27958 is her zip

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Might get my mom one of these for mothers day. can you get it to her by Saturday? 27958 is her zip

Let me check, I'm away from the office! I will PM you in just a few when I get home ;)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I did a quick quote through UPS on my Android....

Ground will get there next Tuesday too late and 3 day air will get to North Carolina on Friday, but it's like spending $40 bucks on delivery for flowers, you know how they hike the price.

Let me see if I can try USPS in priority mail, if it ships it fits, this might work!

This would beat any flowers and it won't wilt.... :)

TeflonTomDosh
I did a quick quote through UPS on my Android....

Ground will get there next Tuesday too late and 3 day air will get to North Carolina on Friday, but it's like spending $40 bucks on delivery for flowers, you know how they hike the price.

Let me see if I can try USPS in priority mail, if it ships it fits, this might work!

This would beat any flowers and it won't wilt.... :)

Yes Sir!

Yes Sir!

How many gallons is this thing? Plus, you gonna send her some "directions" on setup and upkeep? She's a noob, or she will be @ least if I buy her this, LOL

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Yes Sir!

You from Tampa, Florida?

I visit Tampa a lot, my mom is retired and lives in Apollo Beach....

MG

TeflonTomDosh
You from Tampa, Florida?

I visit Tampa a lot, my mom is retired and lives in Apollo Beach....

MG

I'm in Tampa, my Mom is in North Carolina, the most NE County there. Hit me up next time you're in town, I'll take you out for some drankz!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Cool,

My mom has two of our pico's a 2 gallon and 3 gallon... My brother takes her to some LFS in Tampa, don't remember the name...

I will let you know tomorrow if the kit would get there by Sat because USPS does priority on Sat delivery, and I won't get our LED lights until Weds.

This would happen with USPS priority and it just might make it for sure on Sat, let me see when I ask tomorrow.

MG

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Do you have to be a nano reef member for this special? Got a friend that is thinking about ordering it.

Not at all!

Shoot your friend my link and he can order directly off of our site.... He can add a heater the Hydor if he needs one....

Thanks,

MG

Hey Mike,

Question about the live rock:

How are you keeping it live prior to shipping?

And, as far as shipping goes, how is the rock packaged so that it would stay alive during shipment?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Hey Mike,

Question about the live rock:

How are you keeping it live prior to shipping?

And, as far as shipping goes, how is the rock packaged so that it would stay alive during shipment?

You can't have all my secrets! :P

Just kidden, more important than keeping it 100% percent alive, is making sure it arrives not broken into little pieces, this is finger branch live rock, very easy to break.

Prior to shipping, this chosen live rock is submerged in SW running a Berlin Airlift 60 with Coralife luft pump driving the Oxygen levels up and removing excessive nutrients out of the holding tank.

Then I package each piece into bubble wrap separately. The rock is covered with newspaper that has been soaked in salt water, this keeps the moisture on the rock, much like when it's delivered in huge quantities from Indonesia etc.

The live rock is in a smaller box within the box to itself to ensure damage control and moisture, you need to get it into water ASAP, you never get 100 percent live rock, but that doesn't matter, everyone needs to check the nitrogen cycle before adding corals.

Hope that makes sense... ;)

Mike, if I have a choice can I get aqua scape #3. I'll PM you too. Thanks man!

PM sent....

Archived