inTank Media Baskets

Tulip's Topic of Answeerss :)

Deleted User 3

Noooo. Not like that. I thought she was a he at first. (sexist, I know). In willing to place my bet and say that she is probably the most well rounded person I have spoken to on here when it comes to knowledge of anything salty, an from what Ive read, possibly everything else she's interested in. She, along with maybe 2-3 other people are the only ones I don't feel the need to double check when they answer a question.

I'm telling her that you called her round.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben
Tis me. I took it down though, maybe it'll help. And maybe ill change my name to something unisex.. then no one will knoww.

I'll know.

mwahahahahahahahaha.

:flower:

So i take it not a lot of girls are on here.. I should have put a pic up of some super super ugly girl with a mustache.. :D

I thought that is what you di... NEVERMIND. Awkward

Jk

Deleted User 3
I thought that is what you di... NEVERMIND. Awkward

Jk

I did, but i used only a ugly pic, i meant a REEEALLY ugly one. Maybe that would work.

I did, but i used only a ugly pic, i meant a REEEALLY ugly one. Maybe that would work.

Lol. I was just kidding with you.

Deleted User 3
Lol. I was just kidding with you.

I know lol, but my pic was rather not good. So :P It needs to be super uggggglyyyy.

Try... boobies.

Okay....

NOT.

Deleted User 3
Ok, so I read the first page ( ouch), and the last two pages of this thread... :welcome:

And I think there a lot more of us girls on here than you think :P

Yeah the first 19 pages = ..

Now it's better.. im just gonna steer away from the fish/tank questions.. no more talking about anything reef related. Ever. Thank you for welcoming me ! :) & Hmm hidden girls! I guess it's because my name adv. it.. im gonna change that... maybe

MeanGreenEyes
Ok, so I read the first page ( ouch), and the last two pages of this thread... :welcome:

And I think there a lot more of us girls on here than you think :P

+1

Yeah the first 19 pages = ..

Now it's better.. im just gonna steer away from the fish/tank questions.. no more talking about anything reef related. Ever. Thank you for welcoming me ! :) & Hmm hidden girls! I guess it's because my name adv. it.. im gonna change that... maybe

Don't change your name. Knowledge is POWER! You should keep asking questions!

Deleted User 3
Don't change your name. Knowledge is POWER! You should keep asking questions!

I hate getting bashed. My mother does enough of this. I like a peaceful environment, I have ENOUGH stress on my plate I don't need more :P

Information that could also be found by using the 'View Members' link.

? Does that mean we shouldn't ask questions because it's already been asked somewhere else? Really? And miss all this fun :D

Deleted User 3
? Does that mean we shouldn't ask questions because it's already been asked somewhere else? Really? And miss all this fun :D

<----- is not asking any more questions. Ever. Period.

I pride myself on my ability to enable newcomers to become self-sufficient.

If I am not helpful, feel free to say so.

Deleted User 3
I pride myself on my ability to enable newcomers to become self-sufficient.

If I am not helpful, feel free to say so.

You are not helpful. You make me want to leave the entire hobby and be a pissed off individual.

Hauling back to your original topic...just start as simple as you can, and distill as much useful info as you can from other's posts/threads and what responses you get in your own topics. When you've read as much as you can, start doing it. Try to avoid making mistakes, but don't be so afraid of doing so that it keeps you from trying.

You're putting water, salt & fish in a glass or plastic box. That simple.

Everything from there on becomes as complicated as you choose to make it. Sensible equipment choices, reasonable livestock planning & careful research before changing your plan will take you a long way. My own tank's nowhere near "complete"...not enough corals, one more fish I'd like to put in eventually, some macroalgaes I'm debating adding etc. But it's also passed the 6-month mark without major mishap thanks to the good advice of members here and other forums. Not saying problem-free, but stable.

The details are what get us...that and perhaps being seduced by reading about and seeing so many TOTM-worthy setups and trying to duplicate them overnight without learning the basics. Look through the first few posts on most member's threads and basic tank setup starts to make sense, as does what equipment's essential versus what's Just Nice To Have.

Mix Dry LR with Live!

I did that here, but I did dead rock with saltwater right off of an SPS reef. It takes some time but you get no pests if you inspect your tiny golfball sized seeding rock.

It saves you a ton of money, you can have the perfect scape since it's dry.

Deleted User 3
Mix Dry LR with Live!

I did that here, but I did dead rock with saltwater right off of an SPS reef. It takes some time but you get no pests if you inspect your tiny golfball sized seeding rock.

It saves you a ton of money, you can have the perfect scape since it's dry.

Thats what I am doing...7 lbs dry and the rest live, dry sand also.

Archived