may_7800x573.jpg

may_5758x800.jpg

yumas :wub:

may_4800x600.jpg

may_10800x572.jpg

morning sunshine on the reef

may_11800x559.jpg

may_3800x600.jpg

Recent FTS-sorry bout the reflections on the glass, I'll try to get one later in the day when the sun isn't shining as bright

may_12800x416.jpg

Thank you Euphyllia, you have spectacular set-ups as well ;)

LOL, I just might do that

***done

Holy ****!!! Just when I think I've seen the ultimate nano...along comes one like this :) Awesome ~!!!!

Aww thank you for the kind words mini, that means a lot coming from someone with a beautiful set-up such as yours. Your thread convinces me to try Kessil LEDs on my next build :happy::)

Yay! King Boo! :D

B) , what video game/tv show is this character from? :lol:

**nvm, Google just told me

B) , what video game/tv show is this character from? :lol:

**nvm, Google just told me

MARIO KART WII! :happy:

He's the best character to me, but I always race with Funky Kong on the Flame Runner because it's just better stat wise...

Back on topic now...

Are you planning to propagate the mushrooms like a little farm and sell them? They look might unusual. You could make some pretty good money selling single clones for like $20 a head... :D

Gotta get back in the video game loop again, it's been quite a while :lol: , I'm a PC gamer for the most part.

uhhhmm I could try, but shipping would be a real pain...lol..If you haven't read it in my introduction, I'm located in the Philippines... :P

Gotta get back in the video game loop again, it's been quite a while :lol: , I'm a PC gamer for the most part.

uhhhmm I could try, but shipping would be a real pain...lol..If you haven't read it in my introduction, I'm located in the Philippines... :P

OH MY GOD. :o

Okay, go outside, go into the intermediate to highland jungles and look for a vining plant with tubby pitchers on it like this...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...mayon_luzon.jpg

Nepenthes ventricosa lives in the 1000-2000 meter elevation range.

Put it in 50/50 sphagnum moss/perlite and give it RO/DI water. It must never dry out, but if you keep it too wet, the roots will rot. Keep it moist at all times. :)

Back on topic...

Did not know you were located there! Maybe sell locally? Do they have LFS there? :huh:

hahhahaha!! :lol: :lol: I've actually seen one or two of those when we climbed Mt. Mayon last February, half a day's hike to the safest area near the top and we barely had time to enjoy the view because a lightning storm started <_<

553296_3286562277397_1067868548_3111976_2145402123_n640x480.jpg

I've been selling Zoas locally, some of these yuma's babies too, but yumas are pretty cheap here ($2-5 ea) and the rarer ones are usually the slowest to sprout babies.

Yes of course there are LFSs here, :lol: there's also a thriving reefing community :happy:

Awesome tank... and pictures for that matter.

Thank you Amjez, I am a fan of your tank's dimensions..shallow cubes FTW :D

hahhahaha!! :lol: :lol: I've actually seen one or two of those when we climbed Mt. Mayon last February, half a day's hike to the safest area near the top and we barely had time to enjoy the view because a lightning storm started <_<

553296_3286562277397_1067868548_3111976_2145402123_n640x480.jpg

I've been selling Zoas locally, some of these yuma's babies too, but yumas are pretty cheap here ($2-5 ea) and the rarer ones are usually the slowest to sprout babies.

Yes of course there are LFSs here, :lol: there's also a thriving reefing community :happy:

Wow! That's a beautiful mountain! I'd love to live there. :(

I think my life plan is to go into a profession that I hate just to make tons of money and put all that I can into retirement funds. Then I'll retire at 50, move to Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam or somewhere thereabouts and get a collection license for Nepenthes. Then I would farm them in large shadehouses I would build with all that retirement money and sell them worldwide. :wub:

Too off topic. :D

Is there a limitation on the kinds of corals/zoas that you can find in the Philippines? Like are there the brand name ones like Darth Maul, Red Hornets, ect? Or do you just get whatever comes into the LFS?

Wow! That's a beautiful mountain! I'd love to live there. :(

I think my life plan is to go into a profession that I hate just to make tons of money and put all that I can into retirement funds. Then I'll retire at 50, move to Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam or somewhere thereabouts and get a collection license for Nepenthes. Then I would farm them in large shadehouses I would build with all that retirement money and sell them worldwide. :wub:

Too off topic. :D

Is there a limitation on the kinds of corals/zoas that you can find in the Philippines? Like are there the brand name ones like Darth Maul, Red Hornets, ect? Or do you just get whatever comes into the LFS?

Actually, it's an active perfect cone-shaped volcano, you'll really love it there, they have pretty unique orchids too because they only grow on volcanic soil :D...great plan! I want to retire at 40 or something, and start my own coral frag farm :)

Well, we don't have ricordia floridas, maxi minis, and duncas (I'm sure there are a few more to be added to that list) here, and local gonioporas don't do well in captive systems. Local zoas are usually not sold using brand names, they're just named and priced by their color combinations..those who know the names just label them in their tanks. Some of the rarer zoas are imported from HK and Singapore

Thank you th64, I have a blue crocea clam just like yours

Kat, great picture of your watchcat lol..yeah, my cat just loves sitting on the rocking-chair and dozing off in front of the tank :D

purdy feather dister. feeding it live phyto?

Nope, I just run a sump/refugium with no skimmer and mechanical filtration, my mandarin and other filter feeders seem to love it :)

Thank you :) I've had this yellow duster for nearly a year now, it only had remnants of its crown when I got it, and after a day or two in my tank it got rid of its old crown and started growing a new one. :)

I have 4 more feather dusters as well as coco worms in my tank and all of them are thriving, there's even a hitchhiker who grew from the size of a small zoa polyp, to about an inch across. So I must be doing something right LOL...In any case, I can easily source phyto from a local reefer who has a steady culture....how often must I feed those?

Archived