Cultivated Reef

Boo's box of saltwater

ReeferBoo

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol true.

;) , It's a good thing though that reefing is a bit cheaper in the Philippines :D

looking sick boo. glad i stopped in to see what has been going on :D

Thanks JR! I've been watching your thread closely as well, go get that mandarin...NOW! :lol:

Deleted User 4
;) , It's a good thing though that reefing is a bit cheaper in the Philippines :D

Thanks JR! I've been watching your thread closely as well, go get that mandarin...NOW! :lol:

Is that sign for you calling out for an upgrade? ;)

if it eats pellets i will. :D i really wanna save for a new piece of acro that ive been looking at

Is that sign for you calling out for an upgrade? ;)

Haha! It might happen someday, but certain circumstances lead me to believe that my next tank will be located in another country :D

if it eats pellets i will. :D i really wanna save for a new piece of acro that ive been looking at

I trained my mandarin to eat prepared foods. Just place it in a breeder box and feed it some mysis (I fed mine with baby bristle worms), then slowly replaced the live food with fish roe and frozen food. Needless to say, my mandarin is now a certified fatty :P

Aw just get em both :lol:

I trained my mandarin to eat prepared foods. Just place it in a breeder box and feed it some mysis (I fed mine with baby bristle worms), then slowly replaced the live food with fish roe and frozen food. Needless to say, my mandarin is now a certified fatty :P

Aw just get em both :lol:

ill do that. if i remember right the women told me that all their fish eat brine shrimp. so i wonder if she ment them too. ill have to ask. i might just have to get both ;)

Thanks! flowing water is soothing for the soul, :P take the plunge and get your hands salty again!

If it were truly trickling sounds that aquariums make... Oh my gosh I would be so relaxed. My aquariums made waterfall splashing sounds. <_<

albertthiel

Yes it needs a good size opening at the tip and a large rubber squeeze at the top so you can create a good vacuum before lowering it in the water and releasing it when you are right over the Aiptasia (and it works for other small lifeforms you want out of the tank too IME

Albert

Thanks for the tip, I might try that later :) ..I just have to get myself a kitchen baster though, all I have is a Kent coral feeder, and its tip is not big enough to suck up an aiptasia that size

Indeed I always found the sounds I heard very soothing and relaxing ...

Albert

If it were truly trickling sounds that aquariums make... Oh my gosh I would be so relaxed. My aquariums made waterfall splashing sounds. <_<
Your tank looks awesome! So lush and grown in :) That frogspawn is a monster!

Thanks Paigee ;) , yeah, knowing that they're the non-branching types of hammers and frogspawns, I didn't quite expect them to grow that fast.

hahahaha, maybe try a smaller pump? or a better overflow box? :)

i promise. pinkie swear. :P

Ima watch your thread :ninja:

Yes it needs a good size opening at the tip and a large rubber squeeze at the top so you can create a good vacuum before lowering it in the water and releasing it when you are right over the Aiptasia (and it works for other small lifeforms you want out of the tank too IME

Albert

Got it :)

OMG! Those yumas are gorgeous! I need some of those! :P

Thank you :) , come to Southeast Asia and you'll find lots :lol:

albertthiel
yumas!

Absolutely Gorgeous ....

Albert

Thank you :) , come to Southeast Asia and you'll find lots :lol:

You probably go pick them off the reef yourself right ??? :)

Albert

Absolutely Gorgeous ....

You probably go pick them off the reef yourself right ??? :)

Albert

I live 2 hours away from the nearest ocean, and as much as I'd like to collect livestock myself, I don't want to contribute to any more negative effects on the local reefs...I got this from a local LFS :)

albertthiel
Albert, I thank you for always trying to be informative but sometimes it's not necessary. I have a yuma and many, many florida rics. I just want some nice looking ones like Boos. I'm quite adept at Google now. ;)

Banshee I understand but since many hobbyists read the posts it may help others at least that is what my hope is and yes I understand that many more advanced hobbyists such as I think you are may not need the info but as I said others may benefit from it.

Albert

Archived