Top Shelf Aquatics

Wholotta wawa - 180G Reef - Taste the Rainbow

MikeTR

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

achoo.. achoo... baked my first large batch of baking soda.. achoo achoo achoo aaaachoooooo..I sneezed my head off the whole time. Finally had to cover my nose with my shirt. Even the slightest bit of dust set off a sneezing fit.

Dissolved this in a gallon of RO/DI and at the starting dose of 40ml / day, I've got a 3 months supply of alk for less than $2.

jedimasterben

achoo.. achoo... baked my first large batch of baking soda.. achoo achoo achoo aaaachoooooo..I sneezed my head off the whole time. Finally had to cover my nose with my shirt. Even the slightest bit of dust set off a sneezing fit.

Dissolved this in a gallon of RO/DI and at the starting dose of 40ml / day, I've got a 3 months supply of alk for less than $2.

And most people would rather pay $15-20 for a gallon of premixed stuff (or enough powder to make a gallon, aka a bit of baking soda lol).

i need some calcium chloride, forgot to order from BRS

I've got a 50lb bag of dowflake.. i'm set for a while. Need another inexpensive source for it though.

it's the eggs probably.. I've dipped in revive long enough to not find anymore, but somehow the bugs come back. They must be on more than just the frags..

jedimasterben
it's the eggs probably.. I've dipped in revive long enough to not find anymore, but somehow the bugs come back. They must be on more than just the frags..

Bayer kills everything, even destroys the eggs.

What is this bug? Isopod? It looks like a roly poly/pill bug.

I thought they were chitons. Was a HH on the rock I sent Ben to get his coralline kicked in gear.. i guess that means he got some free chit?

I thought they were chitons. Was a HH on the rock I sent Ben to get his coralline kicked in gear.. i guess that means he got some free chit?

Oh yeah, it looks like you gave Ben an itty bitty chit. :lol:

So the last hurdle to get my dosing pumps online has been overcome. My vacation was looming, so I didn't want make any changes to my manual routine or hook anything up and go off and leave it unchecked for 2 weeks.. then I get home and find that the little POShiit Netgear WNCE2001 wifi adapter that I hook my APEX into died on me for a second time. First one went back for warranty, this one went in the garbage, where all Netgear products should be.. ahem.. I digress.. So got a new wireless router yesterday and spent a couple hours trying to cascade the old router to the new, only to find out that my old wireless router can't be used as a bridge.. that is with factory firmware. Downloaded DD-WRT router firmware which is compatible with Linksys and bridged the old and new wireless routers so now I've extended the range on my wifi and have 4 ports to connect my Apex into and maybe some IP cameras down the line. Best of all I can config my Apex from the web GUI once again. Yee

Someone double check this. Want to dose 42.9ml at 30 minute intervals after lights out. BRS doser 1.1ml/min

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 09:00 to 20:00 Then OFF
OSC 005:00/001:30/025:00 Then ON

also.. cable guy was just here, all he commented on was nemo, the yellow one, and the hermit crab.. like dude, you don't even know. :)

Someone double check this. Want to dose 42.9ml at 30 minute intervals after lights out. BRS doser 1.1ml/min

Fallback OFF

Set OFF

If Time 09:00 to 20:00 Then OFF

OSC 005:00/001:30/025:00 Then ON

also.. cable guy was just here, all he commented on was nemo, the yellow one, and the hermit crab.. like dude, you don't even know. :)

I'm not the code expert.

at 5 minutes past 20:00 it's going to start dosing for 1:30 minutes every 25 minutes.

why wouldn't you do

If Time 09:00 to 19:59 Then OFF

OSC 000:00/001:30/028:30 Then ON

I'm not the code expert.

at 5 minutes past 20:00 it's going to start dosing for 1:30 minutes every 25 minutes.

why wouldn't you do

If Time 09:00 to 19:59 Then OFF

OSC 000:00/001:30/028:30 Then ON

Does it not wait 5 minutes past each 25 minute osc or only the first one? I'm trying to avoid it coming on for even a split second when it hits 9:00am.

jedimasterben

Did you measure the actual output of the pumps? Different solutions have different masses and you need to measure their dispense rate using something you know the exact volume of (like a graduated cylinder or beaker).

Archived