ReefCleaners.org

Wholotta wawa - 180G Reef - Taste the Rainbow

MikeTR

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Ahhhh, finally time to relax! Leaving for 9 days so just got done with about 4-5 hours worth of tank maintenance. Started with a 20g water exchange, cleaned my reactors and changed GFO and carbon, drained and cleaned my skimmer because inevitably a dwarf cerith had to find his way into the mesh wheel the day before I leave (little bastard!!!!) and cleaned the sump to get the rest of the snails out. Yesterday I glued down any frag that was even thinking about moving. So now I'll be up for the next couple hours tuning my skimmer to make sure the collection cup doesn't just overflow on me. It's all worth it.. it's all worth it.. it's all worth it.. (scrolls up 2 posts.. it damn sure is!!!) :lol:

Received the report from the tank sitter.. all is well. Can't wait to get back to see how much stuff has grown.

Meanwhile in TN...

bentpole_zps42b9f80c.jpg

ohyea_zpsa87832ca.jpg

One of many.. This guide was good.. my arms are sore.

On another note.. Aside from the whale sharks, GA aquarium sucked. I have been looking forward to seeing it for a few years and was disappointed. However, Ripleys aquarium in Gatlinburg was ahhhhhmazing.

Blubbernaut

Received the report from the tank sitter.. all is well. Can't wait to get back to see how much stuff has grown.

Meanwhile in TN...

bentpole_zps42b9f80c.jpg

ohyea_zpsa87832ca.jpg

One of many.. This guide was good.. my arms are sore.

On another note.. Aside from the whale sharks, GA aquarium sucked. I have been looking forward to seeing it for a few years and was disappointed. However, Ripleys aquarium in Gatlinburg was ahhhhhmazing.

NICE! The largest striper I've ever caught was about 20" :/ But I've caught a 5 foot sevengill shark and a 170# bat ray B)

Are you back? I got 3 frag goodies to show ya.

I get back tomorrow. Stopped in Atlanta for the night and will make the haul back down to sw fl tomorrow.

Home at last. Got in about 30 minutes before tank lights went out. Everything looks great! Need to go on vacation more often it seems. My welso was deflated but otherwise looked ok. Maxima is alive and looking good. Really exciting to see the growth on the SPS, some as much as 1/4" on some of the tips.. wow!

So since I've been back from vacation, the A/C in the server room at work decides to leak water all over the floor , my AC30 filter for my nano tank doesn't start back up after a power blip (needed cleaning), and today my clam decided to detach and fall in the rocks. I was just about done taking some pics and noticed it missing. I know I said I would never touch my aquascape, but this guy was lucky in that I didn't have to move any supporting rocks to get to it, only about 4 that were easily restackable. I plugged the escape route and put it back in the same spot that it's been attached to for a month. Meanwhile.. enjoy the shots..

10 months.. FTS

4D9B83EA-E339-448E-89EC-E65158312379-123

DFFF649F-01F5-4BE1-97E2-3AAD9153332F-123

176F0AD0-2711-4443-8B81-84E1C9EB74C9-123

57C44490-E72D-4ED5-BD38-C38A81D81023-123

8E38D4D4-DF33-4139-BB9F-93CAD1604407-123

B4411059-E82C-4F92-9CFD-3CC468B5558E-123

87E21101-D348-4DDC-ADF7-6A217EF4FCC9-123

Some fairly new frags I haven't decided where to put yet.

52B9620A-8C26-4E95-8856-AA93162B40FD-123

Temporary moment of insanity... GSP on the back mag shelf with the torches?

4E13D228-733B-4370-99EA-AA527182DE5A-123

To GSP or not to GSP?.. that is the question.

Was debating putting my radioactive dragon eye zoas back there too.. need something that can compete with the torches.

Was debating putting my radioactive dragon eye zoas back there too.. need something that can compete with the torches.

Aw, go for it! I love GSP, RDE zoas and even Whamin' Watermelon Zoas. Those things really grow!!! :)

Looks great for 10months! You're about a month behind my 180 but I gotta say yours looks better.. :P

Your tank really makes me want to add actinic lighting to my 180.. 15K's aren't cutting it alone.

Looks great for 10months! You're about a month behind my 180 but I gotta say yours looks better.. :P

Your tank really makes me want to add actinic lighting to my 180.. 15K's aren't cutting it alone.

I'm running soley 3 x 150w phoenix 14k for 7 hours a day.

I like GSP. It's a great filler. That being said, make sure you understand that in 18 months, the 1"x1" can easily become a 1-2'x 1-2' patch. I've got an 8"x6"x6" rock that started with a piece of GSP about 1"x1", and now, two tanks later, it's covered the rock, it's growing on the bottom glass, and it's about half covered the end glass on the left side of my 20L. I can contain it on the side glass, I'm a little worried about where it's growing on the bottom of my tank, TBH.

Finally decided to inventory all my coral.. well almost all of it, I know I've missed a handful of stuff.

SPS:
Magenta Birdsnest
Tubs Birdsnest
Ponape Birdsnext
Green Apple Birdsnest
Hawkins Echinata
Aquarium City Red Milli
Tricolor Valida
Green Confusa
Pokerstar Monti
Teal polyp Monti
Superman Monti
Mystic Sunset Monti
Orange Digitata
Green Digitata
Blue Tortuosa
Cali Blue Tortuosa
Palmers Blue Milli
Lemon Lime Pocillopora
Blue Tenius
Frogskin Acropora
Acropora Caroliniana
Green Slimer
Garf Bonsai
Green w/blue rim Capitata
Purple Capitata
Red Capitata

LPS:
Red Acanthastrea
Green & Purple Acanthastrea
Pink & Green Frogspawn
Blastomussa Welso
Red Green Blastomussa Welso
Miami Hurricane chalice
Tyree Sometypeof Watermelon Chalice
Bubble Gum Monster Chalice
Red Lava Chalice
Pot of Gold Chalice
Fire Lamilosa Chalice
Green Torch
Purple Torch
Orange Torch
Caulastrea - 4 types
Orange Wall Hammer
Green pink tipped branching hammer
Duncan - green
Duncan - teal
Bubble Coral

Trachyphyllia (welso)
Dragon soul favia

3 other types of favia....

Zoas:
Rastas
Armor of Gods
Sunny D's
God of War
Eagle Eyes
Green Bay Packers
Purple Deaths
Orange Delights
Blowpops
Keds Reds
Johnny Rockets
Tubs Blues
Tyree Space Monster
CARs
Blue Hornets
Red Hornets
Ring of Fire
Starry Eyed Zoas

Bam Bams

Utter Chaos

King Midas

In addition:

Maxima Clam

Purple Sea Whip Gorgonia

2 x Maxi Mini nems

Ricordea Garden 20+ polyps

Pink Flowerpot

Decided I have enough green.. so no GSP on the back wall. I can't bring myself to cover a $130 mag rock with GSP either. Too bad blue clove polyps are such a nuisance. I think I'll put some inexpensive colorful zoas back there that grow like weeds. They are easy enough to peel off. Has to be somethin I don't already have though.. hrmm.

holy coral!

You ain't lyin. some of it i've been collecting for years though.. back a couple years ago when I dabbled in an online coral biz I would go to swaps and clean out the vendors at the end of the day. I'll take the rest off your hands for $200.. or you can load it back up and take it back with you on the airplane. Sure it was a lowball offer and sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't :).. .but when it did.. an easy $1000 haul for pennies.

My most expensive sps frag was $40 tho.. I'm a tank breakdown and deal stalker.. :) Even my flame pair I only paid $170 which is less than half the cost of just the male.

Looks very blue for 14K bulbs.. My tank still looks very white-ish with 15K.

It's the phoenix man.. this bulb is da shiznit. Somethin about the phoenix.

First time seeing the tank under blue leds... I could hardly contain myself and it was just one 3w royal blue.. supplemental light is in order.

Archived