ReefCleaners.org

FS: Nano Magnet Cleaners

C Jerome

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yuen

Thank you for the update, I am happy the nimble is working well for you. I will get back to you about the update.

Jerome

PS: Everyone else that tryed to contact me, I have cleared out my in box and PM those whos I knew tryed to contact me. Sorry for the inconvience

• 2 weeks later...

Just received mine and have to say that it works quite well. My Nanocube now looks much cleaner as there are no longer any cracks or crannies that I am not able to reach because of the bulky sizes of the Mag Floats. Should have seen and bought the Nimble from the get go and saved on spending on what is now no longer needed Mag Floats. Also, the tank just looks so much better minus the big Mag Float covered in grime. Nimble is small and discrete in comparison and is hardly noticeable but certainly carries it's own weight.

Originally posted by artarmon42

The product cleans well, works in the hard-to-get-at corners and the bow of my Nano Cube, and generates little turbulance during cleaning.

artarmon42, I was wondering if you've had to ever clean the magnet. And whenever you clean near the bottom of the tank, does sand get between the glass and magnet? And if it does, is that an issue on the glass?

Thanks for any additional feedback.

artarmon42

Funny you mention that...

Yesterday was the first time I cleaned it.

I did that becuase the inside piece was starting to get a tint of green (as in algae). I took it out, scrubbed it with an algae pad (the same type that I use the primarily clean the tank glass) and it cleared up nicely.

I also looked inbetween the "velcro" of the scrubbing pad and noticed a few grains of sand inbetween. I took one of those mini screw drivers and flicked out the specs of sand. I *thought* I had seen some scratches on my glass and I guess that was it. Ironically I stop using the Nimble about an inch out from the top of the sand, so I'm not sure how the sand got in there!

For what it's worth, I had specs of sand attached to inside (resin) piece. I wonder if it's some kind of static or magnetic attraction (I have black tahitian sand so perhaps it's slightly metallic?!).

Anyway you can make "The Nimble" acrylic safe? I would love one for my 5 gallon... but its acrylic... Let me know I would defiantly be interested!

I have an old acrylic tank, shortly I will do a test and see if the pad I am currently using is acrylic safe.

On the topic of sand getting stuck between the scrubber pad and the glass, this will be a concern with any magnet or non magnet pad that you rub against the glass. Just be careful using it close to the bottom, and as Yuen said check it out to see if any sand has become trapped in there.

SupaSly

Glad it arrived in good time and you are happy with its size and performance.

Everyone else who messaged me, I was away for the long weekend, I will get back to you shortly

Jerome

birdman204

Nice, I'd like one. can you pm me pricing and paypal address for a nimble. Thanks.

Originally posted by C Jerome

This encases the magnets which are made from neodymium-iron-boron(some sort of magnetic material

FWIW. A while back I spoke with Randy Holmes-Farley at RC .com, as I was interested in making myself one, and he said these magnets should be safe in SW. jump to today the 1st time I've seen this thread.

Jerome,

Just received and used my Nimble on a JBJ NanoCube. This thing is great.

I have a pretty full load of rock and the stock one would not get around it :x

The stock one also wouldn't do the corners :angry:

and one side had a growth of hard green algae that could not be cleaned off :*(

and every time I tried to do the bottom, I ended up making a sand storm :rant:

Nimble solved all of these. And your new larger handle works great. This is the best $13 I've ever spent (in the hobby anyway)

Thanks

Paul P

I think I have caught up in contacting everyone who has contacted me, if I missed your message for some reason please let me know.

Jerome

Boy Jerome, see what you've started! lol

I have serial #001 of the nimble and it is still going fine. I have a 10g glass and the thing works like a charm.

Jerome, you think mine might be worth some money someday? lol

Ray

I know, I did not think they would become this popular. You might want to stop using yours and put it in a case or something, it could be valuable.

Slickchick, I have yet to check my PMs but I will get back to you as soon as I do.

Jerome

I can't decide if the Nimble or Nimble Super would be better for my 16 gallon bow. Either way, can you PM me price and payment info? I'm interested.

i don't have a SW tank yet but i do have some FW tanks and a small betta tank i could "test-drive" this thing on..

so can you please send me a pm with all the info? thanks!

I'm thinking you could probably just glue your own feltpad onto the nimble to make it acrylic safe. i might have to order one of these.

All I can say is AWESOME! This thing cleans very well. It easily cleaned some brown stuff that took me a couple good scrapes with a toothbrush to get off. No challenge for the Super Nimble. The packaging was way above par. Double bubble wrap, tissue paper around the nimble and a caution warning for the magnets strength.

Took a quick pic and tried it out. Nothing but praise!

Super Nimble (Stealth Version)

I also received mine today. I'll have to tell you how I like it later though because my tank in not set up yet! Thank you.

Archived