Cultivated Reef

Official 3 and Under Pico Contest!

dallasprstn

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are funny,

I have never seen it happen, but I have asked my LFS one time what happens when you overload with calcium, he told me, "It happened once, looked like it was snowing"..... LOL

You've been warned.... :P

MG

Lol I have seen it happen in a lab! once you've reached critical dissolved levels in a tank the extra precipitates out the system. Actually it's theoretically not bad for anything I'd have to check what the precipitate bonds with but it just means that you have chalk pieces at the bottom of your tank.

Cheese-Lover

I'm still aiming to be in the comp... But just broke my glass while drilling.

I will have a < 3gallon tank running by 1st April. It just wont be the Boyu me-175.

Lol I have seen it happen in a lab! once you've reached critical dissolved levels in a tank the extra precipitates out the system. Actually it's theoretically not bad for anything I'd have to check what the precipitate bonds with but it just means that you have chalk pieces at the bottom of your tank.

All the calcium for aquariums have a warning about how high levels can be harmful to equipment...

All the calcium for aquariums have a warning about how high levels can be harmful to equipment...

But maybe I want my heater, pump, and pump shafts to turn purple with coraline.

dallasprstn
I'm still aiming to be in the comp... But just broke my glass while drilling.

I will have a < 3gallon tank running by 1st April. It just wont be the Boyu me-175.

that stinks soo much...but at least you'll have another tank. :happy:

dallasprstn
I need to get working on my tank!!

so true...everyone is gonna have livestock while you are still cycling at this rate..

Jacob042426

Should I just throw a piece of dead rock in the tank with some saltwater and chip out a piece of rock from my picotope and go bb for now? Or just wait?

Also, does anyone mind if I use an AC70 on my pico? the dimensions are 8.5" Long X 6" Deep 8" Tall, My tanks dimensions are 11.8'' Long x 7'' Deep x 8.3'' Tall. I am not sure what the water volume difference is...

dallasprstn
Do we have to submit our fts and fes here and our threads or just our threads?

I'm going to set up a thread for everyone to post their FTS and FES shots there. That way when its time for the judges to step in, all of the FTS and FES shots will be in one thread, one after another, and they won't have to surf through everyone's tank builds to find their monthly pics. I know its kind of a pain to have to post to two threads, but it's a whole lot easier on the judges that way. :happy:

Should I just throw a piece of dead rock in the tank with some saltwater and chip out a piece of rock from my picotope and go bb for now? Or just wait?

i say do it! but i definitely would not go bb. add some sand, it adds another kind of depth to the tank, and imo hides the debris of the tank so much better. plus it looks waaaaay more natural. oh and don't forget about the added biological filtration...which is pretty important in these little tanks.

I'm new and signing up. 2.5 gallons. :huh:

Nice! you've got a few competitors with the 2.5 gallon tank. good luck! :D

ReefersEdge

Just a few questions. Our april 1st pics, since thats also the day we can start stocking do you want pics before live stock or does it matter? Also could you define the beginers luck award?

Archived